TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFL Discussion Forumtable

Guest Princess Leena

Coryell wasn't an NFL coach for that long, though. And a lot of his teams sucked. Dungy is getting there.

Lamar Hunt died. He was really old. I thought Ralph Wilson would go first, damnit.

I figured he'd be older than 74. He was young when he started the Texans.

I'd love to see the Saints win the Super Bowl.

The world would end

Now, now. The world didn't end when the Red Sox and the White Sox won their first World Series in 80 years.

Or when Wake Forest made it to a BCS bowl...

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
Lamar Hunt died. He was really old. I thought Ralph Wilson would go first, damnit.

Was he the really old Chiefs guy or the really old Oilers guy? I always confuse them. EDIT: Okay, Chiefs.

Was he the really old Chiefs guy or the really old Oilers guy? I always confuse them. EDIT: Okay, Chiefs.

The Oilers guy is Bud Adams.

If he keeled over and died, there'd probably be partying in the streets of Houston given how the fans hated him for the move to Tennessee.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Please tell me Al Davis has arranged to have himself cryogenically preserved.

Guest Princess Leena

I figured he'd be older than 74. He was young when he started the Texans.

Me too. He was only 28 when the AFL started then...

But, he's the product of a rich daddy, so it's not that surprising.

Guest Princess Leena

I don't know.

But, I know he'll be shut down this week. As the Dolphins are mathematically eliminated.

Guest Princess Leena

I could see him going to Washington, since I don't think they'll want to rely on Campbell all year. And Leftwich is from DC.

Guest Legalise Drugs and Murder

I think it'll be the Vikings. What do they have at QB? Johnson is as old as moons.

Stocco, huh? A Badger in Minnesota. What will those gopher fans do donchaknow?

So now that LT has sewn up the MVP (go back to the first page of this thread and revisit the thoughts of those who thought Peyton was the frontrunner if you want to have a chuckle) with 2 weeks to go, is he having the greatest season ever for a non QB?

Thus far he's got 1626 rushing yards (38th best single season mark, 196 away from top 15), 53 recepts for 484 yards, 2110 yards from scrimmage (30th best single season mark, 320 away from setting the record) and the recordbreaking 31 total TDs plus 2 passing.

Stocco, huh? A Badger in Minnesota. What will those gopher fans do donchaknow?

And Bollinger was the Badger qb before Stocco.

So now that LT has sewn up the MVP (go back to the first page of this thread and revisit the thoughts of those who thought Peyton was the frontrunner if you want to have a chuckle) with 2 weeks to go, is he having the greatest season ever for a non QB?

Thus far he's got 1626 rushing yards (38th best single season mark, 196 away from top 15), 53 recepts for 484 yards, 2110 yards from scrimmage (30th best single season mark, 320 away from setting the record) and the recordbreaking 31 total TDs plus 2 passing.

Hey, chuckle away. When I made my defense for Peyton, the Colts were still riding high and Tomlinson had only had a couple of ridiculous weeks under his belt. Never in my wildest imagination did I think LT would continue on such a sick run of games but, lo and behold, he did. I'd vote him to be the MVP now, without question.

Guest Princess Leena

I'd also put Dickerson's 2nd year up there.

But, yeah, LT's is best. With 2 games to go.

What do you guys consider to be THE holy grail of NFL records?

Career rushing yards? TDs? Wins?