TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFL Discussion Forumtable

Luke Petitgout was pretty good for the Giants last year before he got hurt. Once he got hurt, the Giant offense went downhill. I hope the Jets go after him for RT, but he needs to cut down on the false start penalties.

So...

You're the Houston Texans. You've got what some are saying is the worst o-line in the League. You've got problems on the D-Line to match and an LB corp that might just come along nicely. David Carr hasn't shown he's been the QB you thought he was on draft day five years ago. You're picked to finish last in the AFC South and get kicked around by Reggie Bush in yet another "fuck you for not picking me" game. Not to mention a dwindling fan-base that won't take kindly to another draft day like last year.

What do you do?

So...

You're the Houston Texans. You've got what some are saying is the worst o-line in the League. You've got problems on the D-Line to match and an LB corp that might just come along nicely. David Carr hasn't shown he's been the QB you thought he was on draft day five years ago. You're picked to finish last in the AFC South and get kicked around by Reggie Bush in yet another "fuck you for not picking me" game. Not to mention a dwindling fan-base that won't take kindly to another draft day like last year.

What do you do?

Sign Luke to shore up the backside of the line, draft a strong heavy carry running back (which Reggie wasn't) and a solid DT, keep David Carr and give him a chance with an offensive line but sign a solid veteran back-up in case he falters, and find some cornerbacks who don't play like they belong in the AFL.

There. The best way to get a fan base is just win baby.

For all the talk about how crappy the Texans are, I would say they are a lot closer than a lot of other teams in the league. The defense is coming along and the skill positions are okay. Just get an O-line and ignore the media. Young and Bush are in the past. Don't let that dictate where you take this team.

I still can't get over how stupid this Marty firing is. They're a young team that barely lost to a very good Patriots team (a Pats team that barely missed yet another Super Bowl) in the playoffs following a 14-2 regular season...lose both it's coordinators which is bad enough, then fire their popular coach (whose lack of playoff success was nearly vanguished in January, and could have been a huge driving force for the team next season) and are staring at a total rebuilding of their coaching staff. And it's already half way through Feb when the firing happened. Mindbogglingly dumb.

They had a total rebuilding on their hands anyway. At least now they don't have a lame duck coach who everyone knows is gone at the end of the year. If Marty were to stay, they would only be offering the replacement coordinators and coaches a one year deal. That way it wouldn't interfere with the head coach they hire next year and the coaches he might want to bring in. They just sped up the process and hire a new coaching staff now instead of doing it twice in the next two years.

I agree, the Texans aren't really that bad off. I like their situation more than that of the Lions, Raiders, Browns, Bucs, and Redskins.

That all said, it's not easy to just sign offensive linemen and expect it to work. You have to develop some of your own, and I don't see that going on at all.

I agree, the Texans aren't really that bad off. I like their situation more than that of the Lions, Raiders, Browns, Bucs, and Redskins.

That all said, it's not easy to just sign offensive linemen and expect it to work. You have to develop some of your own, and I don't see that going on at all.

They drafted a few rookies who might develop if they can get a veteran on the line. Chester Pitts is actually a very competent left guard, but the left tackle Epharism Salaam is a piece of crap with zero upside. Eric Winston could develop into a strong one on the right side, that is if Fred Weary could figure out how to block for the center as well since Drew Hodgdon is horrid.

So they need a left tackle and a center. Weary, Pitts and Winston are decent and all have an upside. Although I think time has expired on the waiting for Weary upside. If they can find a way to sign a solid left tackle and a solid center then I think the line improves immensely. Their line right now is the island of misfit toys; a bunch of guys no one wanted.

They are fine on DE, DT is a mess, linebackers they are extremely strong and I think a lot of NFL teams would love to have them, cornerback is a serious question mark, and they need a free safety to give Earl some help. It's just a question of WILL they actually go get the pieces they need or continue to dick around for another season.

Last year they went and got two pieces they needed, a young defensive end and a linebacker. But only ONE offensive lineman.

This year they need offensive linemen, a strong young DT, and some secondary help. If they can acquire the line, the DT, and some secondary help then they will improve in a big way. They ignore the line and they are dead in the water another season.

Jamal Lewis gets a 5 million roster bonus next month so odds are good with the Ravens being really tight under the cap that they'll release him if just to free up some extra cap room. If not, they wont be able to resign Adalius Thomas..and I would be pissed.

I heard rumors he'll (Jamal Lewis) end up with the Giants.

Is it just me but I don't think David Carr is THAT bad of a quarterback. The poor guy just doesn't have much to work with when the O-Line keeps giving up sack after sack every season. It just makes me laugh when ESPN advocates he be benched so Jake Plummer can take over.

Pats put their franchise tag on Asante Samuel while the Bears did the same with Lance Briggs.

I hope a stupid team like Atlanta goes and signs Samuel. I wouldn't mind seeing the Pats with 3 first rounders, one of which is a top ten pick.

Pats put their franchise tag on Asante Samuel while the Bears did the same with Lance Briggs.

I hope a stupid team like Atlanta goes and signs Samuel. I wouldn't mind seeing the Pats with 3 first rounders, one of which is a top ten pick.

I really hope the Pats focus on finding some speedy linebackers and a good FS cause Hawkins is horrible. Other than that, I don't know what New England really needs. Jackson should be more used to the system this season, Gaffney really showed he can step it up and Troy Brown is Troy Brown so WR looks good enough for me.

But damn, the defense looked absolutely gassed by the third quarter of the Colts game. And Hawkins got lit up three or four times because he bought the play action HARD.

If some team were to sign Samuel then they've said they're considering moving Eugene Wilson back to his natural position of CB (since he seems to get injured too easily playing the safety position). If they lost Samuel then I think they could grab at least a couple out of the group of Jarvis Moss, LeRon Landry, Patrick Willis, and possibly Dwayne Bowe.

I'd laugh but the guy knocked up Bridget Moynahan and is now banging Gisele Bundchen. Plus paying child support for a kid to a woman he is no longer with just makes him more of an NFL player than ever.

I'd laugh but the guy knocked up Bridget Moynahan and is now banging Gisele Bundchen. Plus paying child support for a kid to a woman he is no longer with just makes him more of an NFL player than ever.

yeah, that should clear up that clean cut nice guy image....SINNER!

Guest Queen Leelee
Anyone know what Michael Irvin did to get fired from ESPN?

Supposedly his contract ran out and ESPN said it wasn't because Irvin did anything wrong.

When you're so stupid that you get fired at ESPN because of it, this isn't your career.

Of course, he'll be picked up by FOX, or something.