TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

The OAO ECW Thread for 11/21/06

Why is Heyman booking Punk and Kelly together?? Thorn vs Punk was given a whole three minutes?? Lemme guess,we'll get 20 minutes of Holly and RVD. I'd gladly take 5 minutes from the ME and give it to Thorn vs Punk...

Because Heyman isn't really booking anything. He's the writing consultant. Lagana is writing the show. Vince is big on Punk and especially Kelly.

The Punk/Kelly stuff hasn't been that bad since Kelly has gotten comfortable with the role and Punk isn't one of those whipped babyfaces with her. He's basically all "Oh, cool. She digs me. I wanna fight someone instead, but hey, cool". Which fits greatly with Punk's attitude and character.

RVD/Holly, the last time got rave reviews and I don't see why they wouldn't give it a 15 minute spot.

It got rave reviews because Holly was gutting it out with a huge gash on his back - take that out of the equation and it wouldn't have been nearly as well-recieved.

I thought Heyman had the book in ECW, of course with VKM having final say.

So who came up with the bright idea of having Holly dominate the match -- and repeat some of the same exact spots from the last one?

That's like giving some jobber a pedigree to finish with.

*(please, no Punk lines) - That finisher is gonna only be remembered for one guy.

God bless the Bulldog.

Dustin Rhodes did the running powerslam as well and I think of him before Davey in terms of the running powerslam.

I hate to say it but the running powerslam will always be known as Davey boy's move.

Even if Dr. Death Steve Williams did it better?

That's like giving some jobber a pedigree to finish with.

*(please, no Punk lines) - That finisher is gonna only be remembered for one guy.

God bless the Bulldog.

Dustin Rhodes did the running powerslam as well and I think of him before Davey in terms of the running powerslam.

I hate to say it but the running powerslam will always be known as Davey boy's move.

Even if Dr. Death Steve Williams did it better?

I would say yes.

Hardy Boyz reunion ruled. Jeff is does his job well when he's off the drugs, and Matt has had a great year.

The ridiculously stiff chair stomp during Holly/RVD to the face was great, though. So simple yet brutal.

Rest of the show was eh...

was this show actually live? cant tell between that and the taped ones

Lashley first used the dominator when he debuted.

Michael Cole's commentary: Lashley with a dominator-like maneuver!!

Hardys match was good, but there was no storyline reason for it, as neither are on the show and they didnt play up the SS teams like they did last night. I dont even think they advertise ECW on Raw much aside from the generic ad they aired before the debut about a new breed. (whatever happened to more vampires and going into other dimensions? thats why ratings are so low)

Sabu highlight clip after he gets squashed by Umaga. Come on.

love the BigSHow comment about Nassau being 5 years behind (because of the what? chants) when wwe is actually 10 years behind.

I dont get why hes doing the mic work himself and Heyman just stands there. Whats the point?

The EC montage looks like it has way too many pedigrees and superkicks in there.

Definitely loud TNA chants in the last few minutes of the show. The crowd was totally dead for RVD's comeback and started coming around before the TNA chants. Man, they must have been worn out from that MVP/Kane cage match, lol.

What kills me is that ECW has (supposedly) a brand only ppv in less than 2 weeks. One more week of tv left to set it up, and there is only one match booked! It is almost like they want this brand to fail.

An undercard made up of some combination of Thorn, Dreamer, Sandman, Striker, Davari, Terkay, Burke, Dupree, Moore, Balls, and Knox does not instill a lot of confidence. Mid-level heels and jobber faces in sub-par wrestling leaves me out on getting this ppv. They should make all of the matches "Extreme Rules" to give old school fans a reason to order this.

I thought last night's show was pretty good...a couple good matches, though the angle advancement was pretty nill.

RVD needs to win the Elimination Chamber. They've built him up enough...anyone else with the belt just isn't going to be accepted.

The Hardyz were awesome last night. I hope WWE puts them on the same show again, so even if they're not a regular tag team anymore, we can still see them team up. That match last night is how modern tag team wrestling should be. I thought the Holly/RVD match was also really good.

Lashley seems dead in the water as of right now. The crowd reaction to him was pretty tepid. They're going to have to do more with him than just standard "Goldberg squashes" to get him over.

The show was very good last night and as always RVD has shown why he is the man to carry the ball for ECW, the match against Holly was good and that 2 middle fingers salute frog splash was amazing.

Lashley is just not over or experienced enough to become champion but if he works hard enough to improve in the ring he might make it as a top guy.

Punk is good but he still needs to get build up for at least another year to be the future ECW champion, eventually he'll be given more time to showcase his wrestling skills that made him an indie sensation.

The only thing ECW needs is more top level guys like a Rey Rey or a Benoit, if Vince wants to keep those guys in SD then he should get wrestlers like AmDrag from ROH or try to pay Samoa Joe or A.J. Styles to jump ship from TNA, forget wasting time and money on an untalented turd like Monty Brown.

Something was bugging me throughout the entire broadcast. Joey and Taz kept mentioning how RVD put the 25 stitches in Holly's back. Wasn't it Holly that suplex'd RVD into the table on the outside, which caused the injury? So really, Holly screwed Holly.

Just kinda annoying to me.

The show was very good last night and as always RVD has shown why he is the man to carry the ball for ECW, the match against Holly was good and that 2 middle fingers salute frog splash was amazing.

Lashley is just not over or experienced enough to become champion but if he works hard enough to improve in the ring he might make it as a top guy.

Punk is good but he still needs to get build up for at least another year to be the future ECW champion, eventually he'll be given more time to showcase his wrestling skills that made him an indie sensation.

The only thing ECW needs is more top level guys like a Rey Rey or a Benoit, if Vince wants to keep those guys in SD then he should get wrestlers like AmDrag from ROH or try to pay Samoa Joe or A.J. Styles to jump ship from TNA, forget wasting time and money on an untalented turd like Monty Brown.

Move the whole cruiserweight division to ECW or at least have Paul London/Spanky vs FBI vs Hardy Boys to make the ECW tag division.

ECW was decent this week, but once again it looks like they are going out of their way to position Lashley for the win at the PPV which bugs the shit out of me.......and will cause me to meltdown if it actually happens.

These are great news,I hope Vince realizes that ECW will bring the ratings as long as they keep it live.

It's likely that the Hardy Boyz reunion also helped boost the rating, along the show being live.

From PWInsider.com, here are the quarter hours:

- ECW on Tuesday did quarter hours of 1.7, 1.9, 1.9, 1.6, and 1.8. As reported earlier, the show did an overall rating of 1.8

I'm not sure exactly which q/h belongs to the Hardyz but you can come to your own conclusion.

From PWInsider.com, here are the quarter hours:

- ECW on Tuesday did quarter hours of 1.7, 1.9, 1.9, 1.6, and 1.8. As reported earlier, the show did an overall rating of 1.8

I'm not sure exactly which q/h belongs to the Hardyz but you can come to your own conclusion.

1.7 Lashley

1.9 Hardy boys

1.9 CM Punk

1.6 Heyman/Bigshow/Lashley

1.8 Holly vs RVD part 2

RVD/Holly was good. I think they should have left the Hardy Boys reunion to Survivor Series, but it was still good. Lashley should have stayed on Smackdown. The fact that the 'extreme' elimination chamber has nothing more than weapons added to it is lame. Maybe they might add some more substantially new features, but it's unlikely.