TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Refute this statement and I'll tear you a new asshole

Was Clone High some sort of Asian import or am I thinking of something else?

I think you're thinking of something else. I'm pretty sure it was an MTV show, about this school populated by the clones of various famous people. I really wish it had gone on for more seasons, just because there's so many potential jokes you can make when basically every historical figure ever has a reason to be on your show.

I enjoyed it. Anybody who doesn't get the connection in the final scene didn't deserve to watch the finale in the first place. Plus, Elaine telling Puddy "Don't wait for me" and Puddys immediate "Ok" was fantastic.

Yes to the Puddy thing...but I don't follow the final scene connection.

Can I assume what you mean is that they faded out talking about the very same thing they series began with?

Yup. In the first episode Jerry and George are discussing the merits of the placements of buttons on a shirt and which buttons are key. Same thing with the four of them sitting in the jail cell to end the show.

New Statement: Curb Your Enthusiasm is 100x funnier than Seinfeld was, on a bad episode.

Agreed.

Most underrated show? Blade: The Series. Basically zero acclaim, but it was better than 95% of the dreck on TV.

I liked that show. It started off slow but got better as it went along.

I agree with the Curb Your Enthusiasm statement. I don't know if it is suddenly "cool" or not to not like Seinfeld, but I honestly always thought the show was overrated, not a bad show, just not nearly as funny as people made it out to be, and I always felt NBC did a good job in artificially making it "the show everyone can't miss" That is also why I found myself shocked when I discovered Curb to be THAT damn funny to me.

Anyways, I also agree with the Blade comment. The series started off a bit slow, and being on Spike of all channels possibly hurt it, but according to reports, the ratings grew every week, but I guess not enough to get a second season....I really enjoyed the show and hope possibly Sci-Fi or another network gives it a second season.

New Statement: Curb Your Enthusiasm is 100x funnier than Seinfeld was, on a bad episode.

No way, Smart will always beat Wacky. Cuz wacky gets old.

Most underrated show is Sports Night. Sorkin at his peak, and that is saying something.

Plus Sienfeld gets all its love for a reason, because it reached all types. Young or old, man or woman. You could all love Seinfeld for one reason or another.

If it weren't cancelled and had been allowed its full six season story arc that it was intended to have, it would have transcended television and become the greatest piece of fantasy cinema/television/literature/whatever to ever be created. that's just my opinion, though.

Ok new statement....

Cheap Seats > Daily Show

Agreed. I loved that show.

It's not a hard job making sarcastic remarks about tv filler anybody can do what the Skylar twins did and do it better.

Statement bound to be shat upon but which I believe with every fiber of my being: Xena: Warrior Princess is the best television show of the 1990s.

Eh, I found Hercules: TLJ more enduring.

Ok new statement....

Cheap Seats > Daily Show

It's not a hard job making sarcastic remarks about tv filler anybody can do what the Skylar twins did and do it better.

It's the Sklar brothers and they were hilarious. They had some really funny sight gags as well. I saw their "series finale" I wonder if it really is over. It must have been cheap to make to begin with.

Ok new statement....

Cheap Seats > Daily Show

It's the Sklar brothers and they were hilarious. They had some really funny sight gags as well. I saw their "series finale" I wonder if it really is over. It must have been cheap to make to begin with.

Public access tv budget I would guess.

Statement:

Captain Sisco is better than Captain Kirk, but not as good as Captain Jean-Luc Piccard.

Well both Sisco and Piccard were sort of demi-gods themselves! Sisco became a religious leader for the planet Bijour being able to talk to the profits and Piccard had the Q following him everywhere putting him on trial for the evils of the human race. Kirk was more or less James Bond in space....having romantic relations with every known female in the universe and fighting the evil terrorist along the way.

Hercules was much better than Xena

Both were awesome, no doubt. "Resurrection" (the one where he goes to Ireland and gets his ass kicked by that red-haired chick) might be my favorite single episode of TV ever. Having watched both recently, however, I'd say Xena holds up better, and the characters still resonate more with me.

New statement: The first season of Lost is the best first season of any tv show, ever.

24: Season 1 begs to differ. Its slow points are highly surpassed by the utter BELIEVABLE (key word) greatness of Jack Bauer. Plus, it has arguably the best season-ending moment in the last 10 years.

Guest Starks
New statement: The first season of Lost is the best first season of any tv show, ever.

LOST Season 1 was good, but had some filler in the mid-section and a terrible conclusion.

Carnivale Season 1 is the best 1st season of show IMO, it knew exactly what it wanted to be, had HBO's full backing, swung for the fence and succeed brilliantly. Ron D Moore (BattleStar Galactica) was the show runner for season 1 - he left before Season 2 began, and while better then most things on TV, the show really lost some magic.

The final 20 minutes of the season 1 finale "The Day That Was the Day" is one of the best conclusions to a season ever made. The conversation between Ben Hawkins and "Management" is absolutely captivating.

Carnivale season 1 is a testimate to what genre television can be, I hope the Preacher series that is in development can equal its lofty heights.

Ok, I might have to reconsider my remark. I hadn't thought of Carnivale. The finale of season one might be the best hour of tv I'll ever see in my life and the last ten minutes had me literally on the edge of my seat.