TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Epic Reine

Live Free Or Die Hard (Die Hard 4) trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztfShRH5YYw

I remember when they mentioned a Die Hard 4 movie back in 2003 and I was thinking no way, then they shelved it, then they apparently brought it back and it's coming out July 4th.

It honestly doesn't look too bad but still, uneccessary. Most likley will be rated PG-13 as well which kills off any hardcore DH fans.

I'm also upset that they didn't wind up calling it "Die Hardest".

What's up with all these actors making sequels to movies they should have done like 10 or 20 years ago? First Arnold with Terminator 3, Sharon Stone with Basic Instinct 2, then Stallone with Rocky 6, now Bruce Willis with Die Hard 4 and coming soon Harrison Ford with the fourth Indiana Jones movie?!!

Edit: I love Bruce Willis, but IMO he's going to get his ass kicked by robots that weekend.

I agree, it doesn't look too bad. Looks more like a generic action movie with the Die Hard name slapped on it, but so did With a Vengeance, and I liked that one. And there's only so many times I can believe John McClane is "going to be in the wrong place, at the right time" or is right place/wrong time, I forget. I can forgive that. I'll be there, but yes, Transformers takes priority.

It's only a teaser, so technically I can't get too annoyed, but honestly, if you hadn't told me it was a trailer for Die Hard 4, I would have figured this was another generic action flick that happened to star Bruce Willis.

Die Hard set a standard. The two sequels weren't as good but at least they kept the Die Hard forumla, the reluctant hero, thrown into situations he would not have chosen to be in. Throw in some comedic relief, usually of the sarcastic nature and BLAM-O.....you have the Die Hard series.

I liked Vengeance just as much as the first, but a lot of that has to do with Jeremy Irons. As long as there's a decent villain, I'll give it a go.

Yippee Kayay Motherfucker!

I love the Die Hard movies (DH, DH:WAV, DH2 in order of favorites).

I even liked the Die Hard Arcade game and Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza game that came out from Sierra (that nobody really knew about).

It's only a teaser, so technically I can't get too annoyed, but honestly, if you hadn't told me it was a trailer for Die Hard 4, I would have figured this was another generic action flick that happened to star Bruce Willis.

Die Hard set a standard. The two sequels weren't as good but at least they kept the Die Hard forumla, the reluctant hero, thrown into situations he would not have chosen to be in. Throw in some comedic relief, usually of the sarcastic nature and BLAM-O.....you have the Die Hard series.

Yeah, I agree. It could just as well be a sequel to any of Willis' movies. I still can't wait to see it though.

Let's forget for one moment that it's a sequel well-past its sell-by date, and take a look at the sparkling resume of the new director.

Director - filmography

(In Production) (2000s)

Untitled Underworld Prequel (2009) (announced)

Live Free or Die Hard (2007) (filming)

Underworld: Evolution (2006)

Underworld (2003)

... aka Underworld (Germany)

Filmography as: Director, Art Department, Writer, Producer, Self

Art Department - filmography

Godzilla (1998) (props)

Men in Black (1997) (props assistant) (uncredited)

... aka MIB (USA: promotional abbreviation)

Independence Day (1996) (assistant props)

... aka ID4 (USA: promotional abbreviation)

Stargate (1994) (property assistant)

... aka Stargate, la porte des étoiles (France)

Wasn't Tears of the Sun originally a Die Hard movie but got changed into whatever that was?

I would have preferred Get Rich or Die Hard Trying as a title. Or It's a Die Hard Knock Life. and I don't even like rap music.

they were going to call Die Hard 3 "Tears of the Sun" but changed their minds...Bruce Willis liked the title and thought that's what they should name his untitled military action movie...a fine movie, by the way.

I agree, it doesn't look too bad. Looks more like a generic action movie with the Die Hard name slapped on it, but so did With a Vengeance, and I liked that one.

Yep, and Vengeance was a generic action movie that was then rewritten to have the protagonist be John McClane and the villain be connected to the Die Hard story.

All this chatter reminds me that it's almost Christmas, and about time to watch the original for the 20th or so time.

i think the action movie elements need some sort of gimmick to be a real Die Hard movie. Trapped in a building, an airport, the trick-scavenger-hunt thing around the city.

the other thing is needs is John McClaine's white undershirt/tanktop that gets dirtier and bloodier as the movie goes on.

OK, I finally saw the trailer and I will see this flick but...

Little disappointed by the lack of any one-liners in the trailer!

Let's forget for one moment that it's a sequel well-past its sell-by date, and take a look at the sparkling resume of the new director.

Director - filmography

(In Production) (2000s)

Untitled Underworld Prequel (2009) (announced)

Live Free or Die Hard (2007) (filming)

Underworld: Evolution (2006)

Underworld (2003)

... aka Underworld (Germany)

Filmography as: Director, Art Department, Writer, Producer, Self

Art Department - filmography

Godzilla (1998) (props)

Men in Black (1997) (props assistant) (uncredited)

... aka MIB (USA: promotional abbreviation)

Independence Day (1996) (assistant props)

... aka ID4 (USA: promotional abbreviation)

Stargate (1994) (property assistant)

... aka Stargate, la porte des étoiles (France)

The Directing was the only thing not wrong with the Underworld movies. Seriously...fuck those movies.

But yeah, I will definately see this because...well... Bruce Willis does great action flicks. There is just no denying it.

they were going to call Die Hard 3 "Tears of the Sun" but changed their minds...Bruce Willis liked the title and thought that's what they should name his untitled military action movie...a fine movie, by the way.

You're close on that, and the only reason I know the full reasoning behind this is because I recentely watched Tears of the Sun on FX with their DVD on TV thing.

This new Die Hard was suppose to be called Die Hard: Tears of the Son, but in order to get Bruce to sign off on doing the film they had to let him take that title and use it for the movie BL just mentioned, with of course Son being changed to Sun.

But yeah, I will definately see this because...well... Bruce Willis does great action flicks. There is just no denying it.

oh no doubt, Rip...I think I own more of his movies than any other single star in my DVD collection.

Unfortunantly, it comes out the same day as Transformers, which gets the ace over Die Hard.

When I was in NYC I noticed some viral marketing (I guess that's the term now that I understand it's not about computer videos with viri in them) for the movie that was pretty amusing. They were speech balloon stickers that said "Yippie Ki Yay M" and then half of an "o". These were stuck all over the garbage can and Subway poster ads for other movies and things, I thought it was funny. It's also listed as being quote "John 6:27".