TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pochorenella

SmackDown Spoilers

Credit: Richard Trionfo and PWInsider.com

Dark Match:

Funaki and Matt Hardy defeated The Gymini.

Smackdown:

Smackdown General Manager Teddy Long comes to the ring an announces that the Smackdown Beat the Clock Sprint will feature 16 competitors in matches over the next two weeks. WWE World champion Batista comes out and says he likes the idea.

In a Smackdown Sprint Match, Kane pinned Chavo Guerrero in a good match that went 7 minutes, 53 seconds live.

WWE Tag Team champion Paul London fought WWE Tag Team champion Brian Kendrick to a draw in a Smackdown Sprint bout. No winner.

JBL cut a promo ripping on Teddy Long for what happened to MVP. MVP cut a promo announcing he would return for the Smackdown Sprint and would face Batista at the Royal Rumble.

King Booker defeated WWE Cruiserweight champion Gregory Helms in 6 minutes, 24 seconds in a Smackdown Sprint Match.

Ashley Massaro pinned Jillian Hall.

In a Smackdown Sprint Match, Tatanka fought Jimmy Yang to a time limit draw, and then attacked and laid out Yang after the bell.

Vicky Guerrero cut a promo saying everyone turned their backs on her and she's confused as to why.

Ken Kennedy defeated WWE United States champion Chris Benoit in a Smackdown Sprint match at 5 minutes, 6 seconds, putting him in the lead. Teddy Long reminds him there are four more matches next week with Undertaker, Matt Hardy, Finlay, and MVP competing.

Looks like a decent Smackdown.

Surprised London/kendrick got into the SD sprint. Or even that they had to face other. Hopefully a draw, means time limit draw, which means we'll get 8 minutes of London/Kendrick.

Also surprised to see Booker/Helms (since they're both heels) but I enjoy both so I think it'll be a goodmatch.

I'm surprised that they let Tatanka/Yang go so long, but I guess they couldn't let it end faster than the main event matches, or else one of them would get the title shot.

I'm guessing that "logically" since London and Kendrick are both tag team champions, that's their placement in the Sprint. I can also see King Booker and Helms being touted as "Former World Champion" vs. "Longest Reigning Champion" on Smackdown. So while they're face/face-heel/heel, there is a semblance of reason to them.

I'm guessing that "logically" since London and Kendrick are both tag team champions, that's their placement in the Sprint. I can also see King Booker and Helms being touted as "Former World Champion" vs. "Longest Reigning Champion" on Smackdown. So while they're face/face-heel/heel, there is a semblance of reason to them.

I think it's more cause the WWE has been hinting at them breaking up and feuding over Ashley.

Are the losers automatically in the Rumble match?

They should've did this at No Way Out for the #1 contender spot at Mania. Then the winner pins Batista in 10 seconds.

Guest Toddiwod
JBL coming back would be disapointing..he should stay at the announce table.

I'm with you on that one, he's definitely the best they've got right now. He's consistently hilarious. I mean, its obvious the wrestling is better on Smackdown anyway, so I'm glad they've got the best commentator too.

Also... Matt Hardy... in a dark match? Come on WWE, be nice to Matt, even if he did used to refer to himself as "version 1.0".

It would be awesome if JBL keeps this up until next week, saying that he wants in on the tournament. Teddy would then book JBL vs MVP... they would both be outraged. Come match time, JBL would just lie down for the guy.

Doesn't JBL still hate MVP, though? I know he's sticking up for him in regards to being thrown in an inferno match, but when MVP debuted at No Mercy, JBL was tearing him apart, hoping that Benoit or Regal would kick the shit out of him.

It would be awesome if JBL keeps this up until next week, saying that he wants in on the tournament. Teddy would then book JBL vs MVP... they would both be outraged. Come match time, JBL would just lie down for the guy.

That would not be awesome in any way. MVP title shot at the Rumble? God no.

That would not be awesome in any way. MVP title shot at the Rumble? God no.

Well it's not as if the Royal Rumble has brought about the Greatest World Title competitors. As we all know the World Title matches aren't usually, the selling point.

Aka, Bob Holly, and Mark Henry. So I could totally see MVP.

Well...now I see why MVP wears a full body suit.

Atrocious tattoo(s) plural now that I've seen the shoulder one (at least for a wrestler) at least I assume that might be part of the reason.

And is it wrong for me to say I didn't hate that promo? It was better then all of Lashley's...

Atrocious tattoo (at least for a wrestler) at least I assume that might be part of the reason.

Do you realize what that tattoo on his chest is?

I find it humerous how the guy is cutting a solid promo that sounds like it's from the heart and people just boo him and an old fat lady waves her hand at him. Gotta love that, I remmeber a time when compassion would have gotten him over......not anymore apparently.

Atrocious tattoo (at least for a wrestler) at least I assume that might be part of the reason.

Do you realize what that tattoo on his chest is?

I find it humerous how the guy is cutting a solid promo that sounds like it's from the heart and people just boo him and an old fat lady waves her hand at him. Gotta love that, I remmeber a time when compassion would have gotten him over......not anymore apparently.

No, I don't.

I was watching while doing something else at the same time. I didn't get a good look, I just saw a man with glasses. Which I would have assumed would be himself (which I doubt) or his father. Obviously..I was wrong I'm guessing. I'm guessing it was a celebrity. (As it didn't look like a typical "parent" tattoo.) Although I half saw the one on his shoulder...and it looked like Shaka Kahn...:/

This show has been really bad, a trend Smackdown! has followed since the Kane acquisition, save for that one show w/ Regal/Kendrick and three other good matches.

What is Maryse's gimmick exactly...

It gets worse with evil Tatanka.