TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BruiserKC

What's The Deal With The Shield?

When last season ended...I was under the impression that the new season would start in Jan '07. Now "Dirt" has debuted in the timeslot reserved normally for "The Shield." Was I wrong or is there something going on?

Yeah, it sucks that Season 6 got bumped back to March. DVD info for Season 5 was released recently, though. It's scheduled for a 3/27 release...

ShieldS5.jpg

Features:

- Commentary on Extraction by DJ Caruso, Michael Chiklis, Walton Goggins, Kenneth Johnson, DavidRees Snell & Kurt Sutter

- Commentary on Enemy of Good by Catherine Dent, Guy Ferland, PaulaGarces & Michael Jaces

- Commentary on Jailbait by Michael Chiklis, Walton Goggins, Kenneth Johnson, Scott Rosenbaum & David Rees Snell

- Commentary on Tapa Boca by Liz Craft, Sarah Fain, Paula Garces, Laura Harring & Jay Karnes

- Commentary on Trophy by Catherine Dent, Laura Harring, Benito Martinez & CCH Pounder

- Commentary on Man Inside by Adam Fierro, Jay Karnes, Emily Lewis, CCH Pounder & Cathy Cahlin Ryan

- Commentary on Kavanaugh (participants to be decided)

- Commentary on Smoked by David Marciano, Glen Mazzara, Cathy Cahlin Ryan & David Rees Snell

- Commentary on Of Mice and Lem by Anthony Anderson, Gwenyth Horder-Payton, Michael Jace, KennethJohnson, Benito Martinez & CCH Pounder

- Commentary on Post Partum by Walton Goggins, Kenneth Johnson & Shawn Ryan

- Season 6 Prequel

- "Delivering the Baby"

- "The Shield Panel"

- "IAD"

- Scott Brazil Tribute

- Music Video

- Promos

- 25 Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Shawn Ryan

- All episodes have the option to play with or without recaps

- Commentary on Post Partum by Walton Goggins, Kenneth Johnson & Shawn Ryan

That should be interesting, if only for the end

Fuck, so here I am like a chump thinking that the next season's supposed to start up in like a week or two and now I have to wait till march? Lame.

It's unbelievable how good season 5 of this show was. I mean, most shows of this type will start to decline around that point but The Shield raised the bar so damn high. The last episode was so intense I don't know if I'll be able to watch it again.

Fuck, so here I am like a chump thinking that the next season's supposed to start up in like a week or two and now I have to wait till march? Lame.

It's unbelievable how good season 5 of this show was. I mean, most shows of this type will start to decline around that point but The Shield raised the bar so damn high. The last episode was so intense I don't know if I'll be able to watch it again.

Most shows run out of steam about 3 years in.

The Shield has managed to stay fresh because they take time to *logically develop* the kind of stuff thrown away by most series.

On most other shows, a minor one-shot character like Margos Dezerian would have been forgotten about, while The Shield used him as a boogeyman throughout Season 3 before bringing him back in the last two episodes to close out the Money Train storyline.

They also like to deal with long-term consequences of some of their actions. For instance, the combination of Terry's death (episode 1), the Money Train (season 2-3), and the fallout from Angie's murder (stealing drugs to pressure the guy who dumped her body and the repercussions of Antoine Mitchell's bust from season 4) were all used by IAD to pressure Lem in season 5.

That's indicative of VERY strong writing by Shawn Ryan and his crew, a determination to keep storylines consistent in continuity, as well as a solid idea of where they want the show to go long-term.

I've never seen Deadwood, so I won't comment on it but i have to watch it. I guess i found my new year resolution ... So maybe it will change my mind, the problem is that i really like the Shield's characters. I never have been *touched* by something on tv as Lem's dead for example, silly as that sound ...

Rescue Me, Rome, Six Feet Under, The Office ( the second season was pure genius ), the Wire ... Sometimes i know they make better episodes or better stories but they don't have the "it" factor. Arghh it's difficult to explain this in English, sorry my mother tongue is french ...

I try with an example... When Fonzie watch Six Feet Under, he said

hday1.jpg

Oh yeah great show but I need to take a ride with my girl, it's only tv

But when the Fonz watch the Shield ...

fonzie.jpg

Heeeeeeeeeeeey !

Here's the 15-minute prequel to Season 6 that will be an extra on the Season 5 DVD. It's a BudTV exclusive (until it gets to Youtube), so you just need to sign up. It basically covers Lem's funeral plus a flashback.

http://www.bud.tv/

I've never seen Deadwood, so I won't comment on it but i have to watch it. I guess i found my new year resolution ... So maybe it will change my mind, the problem is that i really like the Shield's characters. I never have been *touched* by something on tv as Lem's dead for example, silly as that sound ...

Rescue Me, Rome, Six Feet Under, The Office ( the second season was pure genius ), the Wire ... Sometimes i know they make better episodes or better stories but they don't have the "it" factor. Arghh it's difficult to explain this in English, sorry my mother tongue is french ...

I try with an example... When Fonzie watch Six Feet Under, he said

hday1.jpg

Oh yeah great show but I need to take a ride with my girl, it's only tv

But when the Fonz watch the Shield ...

fonzie.jpg

Heeeeeeeeeeeey !

Dr. Cox says.....

06043832ndp00bc5.jpg

You're Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong...............Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong!

Here's the 15-minute prequel to Season 6 that will be an extra on the Season 5 DVD. It's a BudTV exclusive (until it gets to Youtube), so you just need to sign up. It basically covers Lem's funeral plus a flashback.

http://www.bud.tv/

Just watched it and...was Shane doing the snoopy dance? :lol: