TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

2007 NFL Playoffs

And you know ESPN is going to play the "Will this derail Tony Romo's career?" angle after basically licking his balls for the past 3 1/2 months. OMG he's not as CLUTCH as we thought he was!!

And you know ESPN is going to play the "Will this derail Tony Romo's career?" angle after basically licking his balls for the past 3 1/2 months. OMG he's not as CLUTCH as we thought he was!!

This is ESPN. They'll pretend like they knew all along he wasn't clutch and everything we heard them say before was an illusion.

Course, to be fair to Tony, didn't they say it was raining in Seattle? Perhaps the ball was slick from the moisture.

The question is, with ESPN's Team out of the playoffs, do they latch on to somebody else, or just write off the rest of the playoffs because we all know the Cowboys are the best team in the NFL anyway? (Which is how they treated USC's loss to Texas last year)

I thought it might have been a bobbled fake run, myself. Giving an offense like Seattle the ball back with a minute left and them only needing a field goal is a little dangerous.

The question is, with ESPN's Team out of the playoffs, do they latch on to somebody else, or just write off the rest of the playoffs because we all know the Cowboys are the best team in the NFL anyway? (Which is how they treated USC's loss to Texas last year)

They have already latched onto the Colts bandwagon I believe. Plus they still have Tom Brady with that group of guys whatever they are called who do nothing because it's all Tom and the inspirational DO IT FOR AMERICA Saints.

So I think they are fine there.

Are you kidding? The ESPN Hype Machine is already set to "New England" by default.

And Patrick, if it was a fake run, then Gramatica didn't get the memo. His "block" on Jordan Babineaux was hilariously bad and, ultimately, it probably kept Romo from salvaging a first down on the scramble.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Yeah ESPN has the Saints, Chargers, Tiki Barber, E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES! AH! AH! AH! AH!, The Disrespected Patriots, and Peyton Manning to run with from here on out. Basically everyone but the Bears, Ravens, and Seahawks.

And Patrick, if it was a fake run, then Gramatica didn't get the memo. His "block" on Jordan Babineaux was hilariously bad and, ultimately, it probably kept Romo from salvaging a first down on the scramble.

He is the kicker.

The Romo hate is gonna get strong, but fact is this team wouldn't be in the playoffs without him.

There's a lot of people to blame for tonight - Romo gets some blame obviously, but so does Terry Glenn for his colossal fuckup, as does Roy Williams for being the most inept coverage safety in the NFL.

Jerry Jones should just fire Parcells before he even gets on the plane. Tonight's game was a microcosm of the entire "Tuna era" in Dallas - heartbreaking losses, colossal fuckups, unbelievable chokejobs and coming up short in the biggest games.

Yeah ESPN has the Saints, Chargers, Tiki Barber, E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES! AH! AH! AH! AH!, The Disrespected Patriots, and Peyton Manning to run with from here on out. Basically everyone but the Bears, Ravens, and Seahawks.

I dont know about the Ravens..I cant see them giving the Ravens a shot vs Peyton since this is obviously "THE YEAR" just like every other shot he's had.

If the Bears, Ravens or Seahawks make the Super Bowl then ESPN will run with the, "Reasons you should care about these teams" like we think they are complete wastes of time.

Or we'll get constant stories on how the Bears are EXACTLY like the 1985 Bears and then specials on why they aren't as good as the 85 Bears immediately following the program.

And ESPN doesn't want the Eagles to win. Then what will happen to Donovan F. McNabb?

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

I dont know about the Ravens..I cant see them giving the Ravens a shot vs Peyton since this is obviously "THE YEAR" just like every other shot he's had.

That's what I just said.

In today's games, did ANY of the offenses look prepared at ALL? I'm trying to figure out if it was great defense by all four teams or just piss poor offense. Doesn't feel like it was a mix of the two.

That's what I just said.

I coulda sworn I didnt see Ravens between the Bears and Seahawks...

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
And ESPN doesn't want the Eagles to win. Then what will happen to Donovan F. McNabb?

It's more important that an NFC East team makes it in than any details like that. Fuckin' station LOVES the Eagles. Berman gets giddy every time he does that stupid E-A-G-L-E-S thing.

He is the kicker.

Right, and he ran up and stopped very awkwardly at the ball once he realized Romo had bobbled the snap. Also, Romo fumbled the ball trying to put it down on the ground, which is something I wouldn't think you'd see on a fake. If that's a fake run, then that's the most poorly designed fake run of all time.

Also, it's a bit of a stretch to presume that Parcells stakes his playoff life on a fake FG run, especially when he can take the "guaranteed" three points and the lead with a minute left in the ballgame.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
ESPN hates the Giants. They like Barber but not the team. But yeah they freaking love the Eagles for some warped reason

I dunno, it sure seems like they give the rest of them a fair deal of special attention.

He is the kicker.

Right, and he ran up and stopped very awkwardly at the ball once he realized Romo had bobbled the snap. Also, Romo fumbled the ball trying to put it down on the ground, which is something I wouldn't think you'd see on a fake. If that's a fake run, then that's the most poorly designed fake run of all time.

Also, it's a bit of a stretch to presume that Parcells stakes his playoff life on a fake FG run, especially when he can take the "guaranteed" three points and the lead with a minute left in the ballgame.

Hey, it was only a momentary thought. Replays showed differently after that.

ESPN hates the Giants. They like Barber but not the team. But yeah they freaking love the Eagles for some warped reason

I dunno, it sure seems like they give the rest of them a fair deal of special attention.

Attention on how bad the team is. There are plenty of bad teams in the NFL but ESPN always has to kill the Giants when they don't play well.