TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

2007 NFL Playoffs

Saturday

Kansas City @ Indianapolis - 4:30 ET (NBC) (I assume Al & John have the prime time game, so who is calling this game?)

Dallas @ Seattle - 8:00 ET (NBC)

Sunday

NY Jets @ New England - 1:00 ET (CBS)

NY Giants @ Philadelphia - 4:30 ET (FOX)

Let the road to Super Bowl XLI begin. WHO YA GOT?

I've got Indy 41-35, Dallas 23-17, New England 30-10 and Philly 17-14.

Edited by KingPK

Collinsworth I believe is doing the play-by-play for the KC/Indy game

I'll take the Pats, Chiefs, Eagles, and Seahawks(tough call so I'll take the home team)

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Colts, Patriots, Cowboys, Eagles. Are we officially billing Dallas-Seattle as The Battle To See Who Makes The Bears Look Like High Schoolers yet?

Guest Smues
Colts, Patriots, Cowboys, Eagles. Are we officially billing Dallas-Seattle as The Battle To See Who Makes The Bears Look Like High Schoolers yet?

Even with their recent first round bye problems, and lack of a QB, I just can't see the Bears losing to either of those teams right now.

Guest Smues

I'll go with the "pick against the teams I want to win" method. It usually works pretty well.

Cowboys

Eagles (don't want either to win, but I'd prefer the Giants because I'm less worried about them winning in round 2)

Chiefs

Patriots

This is what I want to happen and is probably completely off from what will actually go down.

Seahawks by 7

Eagles by 10

Jets by 3

Chiefs by 4

I'm really excited. Every single one of these matchups could potentially be great.

Chiefs 27, Colts 17: Tough call here. The Chiefs are notorious playoff chokers (worse than Indy) and the Colts have good luck against AFC West teams. The Chiefs also also have serious consistency issues and "backed in" to the playoffs. With that said, my prediction reflects on how worthless I think Indy is. They've been completely exposed over the past few weeks to the point where they lose to the Texans. The trick is to run a lot and blitz Manning. The Chiefs have Larry Johnson and have a passable D with some blitz/fake blitz packages that have been effective this year. I think this will be the Larry Johnson show, and the Peyton will be good for a couple picks and a handful of sacks. I won't be surprised if I'm wrong, but my gut says KC.

Cowboys 23, Seahawks 10: Interesting matchup here with the two most bi-polar teams in the league. When they're on, they look unstoppable. But when they're off... Oh boy. This is as close to a 50/50 game I've ever seen, as I have no idea which team will show up. Then there's the possibility of both or neither showing up for a great or insanely ugly game. Gotta pick some road teams to win, so I'll pick Dallas here. It'll get people back on their bandwagon for a week before they lose again.

Patriots 21, Jets 17: I see SB Glory Days performance by the Patriots here. That being an unnecessarily close game where the opponents really have no hope, but the score stays close to fuck with their fans. Bellicheck gets the tiebreaker win over his understudy in frustrating fashion. The Jets have exceeded all expectations to make it into the playoffs, but it's reality check time. The Pats have looked better this season by avoiding so many injuries and are a real contender if their defense shows up. They'll at least show up for this one.

Eagles 31, Giants 14: The Giants don't deserve to be in the playoffs, but thanks to playing in the NFC, they slip in. Tiki Barber carried this uninspired group into the postseason, and he'll be their only hope here. Unfortunately for NY, the Eagles' D is too good, and the Giants could be looking at a really ugly offensive day. I think Tiki will generate what little the Giants get, while Eli gets beat up and picked. The Eagles' secondary will make Plax disappear like he always does in the post season, and I'm not sure Shockey will be too effective either. On the other side, the Giants's subpar run D will give Correll Buckhalter some good numbers, making life easy for the QB. The "Jeff Garcia Nightmare" continues for another week.

Im rooting for the Chiefs and Jets in the AFC just so the Ravens luck out and dont have to play the Pats or Colts but that wont happen. Haha. The Chiefs should definitely win though..no reason for them not to. The other game is closer and with close games you take experience and thats Tom Brady and the Patriots.

NFC-wise, I figure Seahawks and Eagles. Eagles cause they are playing the best football of any NFC Team in the playoffs and the Giants could barely beat the friggin Redskins last week. Seahawks because Romo is going to completely blow up by the 2nd quarter and I bet Bledsoe makes a late appearance to try and salavage the game.

KC really should win with Indy's pathetic run D but i fully expect Herm Edwards to blow it. How you mess up "Hand ball to Larry Johnson" repeated over and over i don't know, but as crappy as the Colts are i have even less faith in Kansas City. I'd gladly be wrong, but if Manning & friends can do one thing in the playoffs it's beat up on the AFC West.

In the other games, New England scrapes through in a low scoring game, Seattle i guess will win but who the hell knows/cares, and while i'm certain the Jeff Garcia Experience will come to a screeching halt sooner or later the Giants are sufficiently inept that it won't happen for another week at least.

Guest Princess Leena

Colts (-6.5)

Cowboys (+3)

Patriots (-9)

Eagles (-7)

When in doubt, I go with whoever the NFL wants to win.

Changing one of my picks to the Colts, Kansas City's gonna get roasted methinks.

Colts, Cowboys, Patriots, Eagles are my picks.

I wouldn't be shocked if Seattle just blew out the Cowboys, who have packed it in for the year.

LAW!.....my teaser was Chiefs +13, Seahawks +3.5,Eagles -1 and Patriots -2.5...its looking pretty good right now