TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

2007 NFL Playoffs

Guest Legalise Drugs and Murder

WOOHOO, Colts haters, suck the shit out of my ass!

This is our country!

That was pure domination from the Colts defense. The Chiefs offense looked absolutely confused from start to finish. Dropped balls, poor blocking, HUGE missed chance at the goal line. The Chiefs offensive line was just taken behind the shed and beaten til their asses were red by the Colts defensive front.

Wasn't one of the complaints about Herman Edwards that his teams have no offensive life in the playoffs? Congrats Herm, living up to the expectations. Chiefs defense DID do the unthinkable though, they actually played cover defense with no blitz and shut down Manning. That was stunning. I honestly did not believe that was possible.

All I know is the Ravens Offensive Line will protect McNair a hell of a lot better than the Chiefs' did for Trent Green. That will be one of the biggest factors next week. The Ravens have only allowed 17 sacks all year. That will neutralize the Colts best defensive weapon. On the flipside, Im not sure the Ravens will get much pressure on Peyton either.

No way the Colts will have a 2:1 time of possession advantage over the Ravens like they did the Chiefs today either, as the Ravens lead the league in TOP alllowed (under 28 minutes)..no freaking way the Colts have the ball for 40 minutes next week. The Ravens are good for long sustained 10+ play/5+ minute drives that sometimes only result in a FG (or even no points) but it will keep the Colts offense off the field and the Ravens defense fresh.

Guest Smues
Ok, so I'm taking a shot every time that goddamn stupid truck commercial comes on.

I might just actually try this after kickoff of the Seahawks game. I have a feeling I'm going to need to be drunk to enjoy this game.

Guest Princess Leena

Oy...

And KC/IND was the one game we thought would be good, too...

I so hate the NFL now.

Grammatica gave the Seahawks a headstart at the 40 yard line but they could not convert in the redzone. Damn this game is going to be another low scoring battle of field goals.

Yeah.

Way to go Seattle. Cowboys basically march you down the field, and you manage a FG. That Mack Strong carry was completely spineless (on Holmgren's part)

Damn it, Mcdonalds. Don't fuck up Robocop. (Re: I'd buy that for a dollar!)

Jesus, that was some terrible playcalling on the goal line. With 7 minutes to go, why do you not kick the FG and give yourself a 3-point cushion, as well as possibly getting the go-ahead score on your next drive? Absolutely brain dead call.

Edit: Mike Holmgren is fucking lucky.

I thought it was a great call. There's no guarantee you're even going to get the ball back, and there's a good chance of having excellent field position with Dallas starting at the 1. Not to mention if you kick the FG, you STILL need a TD. Kick early, go for it late.

This should be a safety.

I think you have to play safe and take the 3. Then, hypothetically, if Dallas puts a drive together and gets a FG, it doesn't hurt you, whereas if they do the same thing after a failed 4th down try, you're in deep shit. A TD kills you either way, but a FG keeps you relatively safe.

Not that it matters with the safety and extra possession resulting in a Seattle TD, but I'd never go for it in that situation.

I see Seattle is playing NY Giants "defense" after taking the lead on a critical drive. Fags.

The safety shows why its worth it to go for it on 4th and goal; you put a lot of pressure on the offense to succeed and, even if they do, they have to drive a long way for another score. Of course, I think you'd like to see the Seahawks do something other than a full drop-back pass on that 4th down, but the decision to go for it still seems like a positive expectation move, IMO.