Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

The Annual WWE Mass Firings Thread

from Observer

WWE fires 7 today

Tony Mamaluke (FBI)

Doug Basham (Paul Heyman's security)

Danny Hollie (Danny Basham)

Al Snow (only fired from his talent contract with ECW, he is remaining with the company as a trainer at OVW)

Gymini (Mike & Todd Shane)

David Heath (Gangrel)

WHOOPS, 3 more

Three more WWE firings today are Sylvester Terkay, Rodney Mack and Jazz.

WWE releases Superstars

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of the following talent. WWE wishes them all the best in their future endeavors.

Sylvester Terkay

A decorated Mixed Martial Arts fighter and three-time All-American, the man-bear Sylvester Terkay is the 1993 NCAA Division I National Heavyweight Champion. While in WWE, Terkay registered several notable victories.

Jazz

An ECW original, Jazz left her mark on the WWE's Women's Division. A former champion, her biggest win came at WrestleMania X8, where she defeated Trish Stratus and Lita to retain her title.

Rodney Mack

Rodney Mack's most recent tenure with WWE was spent as a mentor to the Superstars of tomorrow. A veteran of the squared circle, Mack assisted in the development of the careers of several young members of the ECW roster.

Tony Mamaluke

Extremist Tony Mamaluke earned his greatest achievements in the original ECW, capturing the ECW World Tag Team Championship. Alongside his fellow Paesan Little Guido and ECW Diva Trinity, Mamaluke competed with new breed Extremists as a member of the Full Blooded Italians.

The Bashams (Danny and Doug)

As two-time WWE Tag Team Champions, the Bashams were at one-time regular competitors in SmackDown's Tag Team division. An appearance at WrestleMania XX, and an extensive role as part of JBL's Cabinet remain as highlights of this veteran tag team's career.

Al Snow

ECW Original and former WWE Hardcore Champion Al Snow – along with his unique ally, Head – became a fan favorite with his unorthodox antics in the late 1990s. Snow is also known for his training of sports-entertainment hopefuls in WWE Tough Enough. While he will no longer compete in the ring, he will continue in his duties as a trainer.

The Gymini

The powerful pairing known as Gymini debuted on SmackDown in January 2006 and earned several victories over a slew of SmackDown teams including ring veterans Scotty 2 Hotty and Funaki.

Gangrel

David Heath, known to many as Gangrel, made his WWE debut in the mid 90's as the vampire leader of the Brood. With blood dripping from his trademark fangs, Heath created a memorable image for WWE fans.

Christopher W. Anderson

The rugged southpaw Christopher W. Anderson found his greatest successes in the original ECW before he returned with the new breed this past summer.

Christopher W. Anderson

The rugged southpaw Christopher W. Anderson found his greatest successes in the original ECW before he returned with the new breed this past summer.

FUCK THEM! I was looking forward to seeing him have some kind of interaction with Arn!

I want to point out how FUCKING STUPID WWE were about Terkay.

No one is going to sit here and claim he was a workrate dynamo, but they hired him for one specific reason: He was The Predator, a very good Bruiser Brody clone who did the entire gimmick with chains, furry boots, so on...They bring him up...and turn him into a MMA FIGHTER, with a hold that anyone ever put into a legitimate submission hold could tell you "...That shit don't hurt" due to being so loosely applied, not to mention being labeled as a "rest hold" or "Transition move" to another spot for the LAST TWENTY YEARS.

They took away every single part of Terkay that made them sign him in the first place, and for whatever reason thought they could rebuild him. The problem is, the idea of what "MMA" is for the WWE is so far and away from what real MMA is, that Terkay just looked silly. Not to mention he had to seriously pull his good looking strikes so not as to hurt anyone, let alone he be "stiff". Terkay could have worked in that role, but he wasn't allowed to go shoot style on his opponents with credible strikes, suplexes and submissions and ended up in no-man's land of being a mishmash of different things to appease the WWE.

So much wasted potential. Terkay in the Predator gimmick could have been a top heel with the wildman antics. It fucking worked in Japan, why wouldn't it work in the US if you don't fuck it up? I dunno where Terkay goes now. If he goes back to K-1, he'll end up doing shoots (Which he was NEVER allowed to really train for, yet did exceptionally well in KICKBOXING MATCHES given that. and if he goes to TNA he'll be misused. He's not a good enough worker for the two top Japanese feds, and would clash in ROH in less he just randomly beat the piss out of people with a chain and never wrestled. He COULD work in AJPW though possibly.

What's sad, is Terkay is legitimately a decent/good fighter, who has exceptional toughness. Given how little he was allowed to train to compete in MMA, he did damn well in both MMA fights and K-1 kickboxing fights. WWE couldn't find a way to actually USE that to their advantage.

Alot of wasted potential here.

Heh, husband & wife (Mack & Jazz) fired from WWE again. Jazz never made another WWECW appearance after the WWE vs. ECW show against Mickie James, right?

I find it funny they made that effort on ECW to put over how talented Terkay was and how bright his future is in this business only to fire him two days later. That's just classic.

Terkay does have his one big TNA feud should they choose to sign him: Angle. I'm amazed that in all this time the only promotion who thought of putting these two former NCAA rivals against each other was OVW. And that was in 2000 for a special show at Louisville Gardens.

Here is one thing about Gangrel I don't get. They constantly put Viscera on TV, release him, put him back on TV, and the guy has never shown any signs of being over in 14 years. Gangrel was a decent worker that was at least kinda over at one time....yet he never gets on the main roster?

He's not 500 pounds. If youre that big you gotta be over, even if the crowd is silent! How can he be eliminated from the battle royals/Royal Rumble??

Guest rvd420

How the HELL do they book the next "One Night Stand" ppv now?

Why's left??

I mean....Tna has more "Ecw originals" than wwecw has.....

They fired Rodney Mack a long time ago, then they rehired him last year to be a "ring veteran" to help teach the younger guys. They hired about four other guys at the same time for that same reason.

Am I the only one who wouldn't be shocked to hear that they fire Roadkill, or whatever the hell they changed his name to?

How the HELL do they book the next "One Night Stand" ppv now?

Why's left??

I mean....Tna has more "Ecw originals" than wwecw has.....

Use the roster they have now?

Do you think ECW will get fattened up any or are they going to keep it at around 20 on the active roster (not counting announcers and women)? According to reports Sabu will probably be gone in the next few days and RVD in a few months when his contract is over. With such a small roster I would think it is making a profit even though the ratings have dropped 50% from when it first started airing.

One Night Stand in NYC is starting to look more and more like a train wreck of epic proportions.

Terkay does have his one big TNA feud should they choose to sign him: Angle. I'm amazed that in all this time the only promotion who thought of putting these two former NCAA rivals against each other was OVW. And that was in 2000 for a special show at Louisville Gardens.

I'm not amazed...

1. From what I heard, Terkay was originally signed to a developmental deal BECAUSE of that NCAA match with Angle.

2. Cornette has done storylines based off this kind of stuff quite a few times.

He believes that storylines are believable if you can see that the wrestles are into them deeply. Doing an angle like this makes that intensity easier for the wrestlers to pull off in interviews, as it's based on something that's really happened with them rather than some theoretical "The heel pissed on my leg" situation.

3. WWF doesn't like to build off of "real history" in doing angles unless it involves Mick Foley (Ric Flair feud), Triple H (Clique "Curtain Call" incident), and/or HBK, OR unless it's something like Matt Hardy and Edge where the fans insist on it so much that they turn characters like Lita and the WWE can't do much about it.

They can be given certain things on a solid gold platter (Vader and Foley over Foley's missing ear, Angle and Terkay's match in the NCAA tourney, etc.) and will not use those because they didn't happen within the WWE. Instead, they try to come up with a way to do it in the WWE so that they can take credit for it instead of building off what already exists.

Do you think ECW will get fattened up any or are they going to keep it at around 20 on the active roster (not counting announcers and women)? According to reports Sabu will probably be gone in the next few days and RVD in a few months when his contract is over. With such a small roster I would think it is making a profit even though the ratings have dropped 50% from when it first started airing.

One Night Stand in NYC is starting to look more and more like a train wreck of epic proportions.

ONS will be so horrible in the best possible way with no Heyman, Sabu, & RVD and Lashley and or Test up in the ME.

I hope ECW doesnt exist come June but thats being rather hopeful.

Off that list, Terk-eye was the only one that was actually getting any screen time and it was just as the big bear of a man behind Elijah Burke. Angle leaving screwed him over but odds are good they would have never gotten around to doing the match anyway.

And its not like your casual fan is going to miss any of them anyway.

ECW has a deal through December with Sci Fi.......and oddly even as bad as it's been it's still atleast on level with TNA and still does a better rating........how sad for TNA.