TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

WWE/TSM Hall of Fame

Given the interest in the WWE Hall of Fame whenever the topic rolls around and interest in Hall of Fames in general, I thought it would be interesting to run our own WWE Hall of Fame. The Hall of Fame is nothing we could take seriously, but it would provide for some interesting discussions, particularly when we roll past the obvious choices. Second, it would demonstrate a little about how Hall of Fame voting works in general.

Voting would come in two stages. First, a "nomination" stage. Here we simply illicet wrestlers the voters feel worthy of induction. The top ten vote getters, regardless of percentage, would advance to the "election" stage. In this second stage, voters could vote for up to all ten wrestlers they see deserving of the Hall. Those who received 75% of the vote would gain induction.

While the primary focus is wrestling, promoters, managers, announcers, and others are eligible. A person (such as Gorilla Monsoon or Pat Patterson) can earn credit for the sum of his or her contributions. For the most part, only a person's work in WWE should be considered.

In order to merit induction, a wrestler should have debuted no later than March 29, 1987 (in other words, before Wrestlemania III). I think this time frame includes most of the valid wrestlers, while allowing for a few choice wrestlers to come up if the time period is extended, thus giving the HoF a longer shelf life. *Please Note* The following wrestlers are ineligible at this time: The Undertaker, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Goldust, The Rock, Kane, Steve Austin, Kevin Nash. That list is not exclusive of course. Votes for anyone who debuted after Wrestlemania III will be disregarded. By debut, not necessarily within WWE.

Any member of the forums is welcome to vote, but they must join before the current voting period.

A voting period lasts for one week. The nominations will run from Saturday-Mondays, with the elections running Tuesday-Fridays. Voting ends at midnight Eastern on each specified day. Elections will begin Tuesdays as soon as I get the ballot completed. We will run a new "election" every week as interest/candidates warrent.

Feel free to ask any questions. Consider the nominations open. Pick up to ten (10) you think deserve a place on the first ballot.

Hulk Hogan

Bobby Heenan

Jake Roberts

Bret Hart

EDIT: At first before I read the post and just read the title, I thought this thread was about nominating members of the board to a TSM HOF for the quality they bring in the WWE folder....and I was thinking "cool" and that we should do it for every forum on here, and then have an OVERALL TSM HOF.....LOL....Wow did I get ahead of myself or WHAT!?!

Terry Funk

Barry Windham

Mike Rotunda

Randy Savage

Ricky Steamboat

Ric Flair

Roddy Piper

Jesse Ventura

Gene Okerlund

Bobby Heenan

Andre the Giant

I'm suprised to see Dynamite Kid isn't getting votes...

Anyway, here is my list...

Dynamite Kid

Andre The Giant

Bobo Brazil

Ric Flair

Hulk Hogan

Terry Funk

Ricky Steamboat

Bob Backlund

Howard Finkel

Gorilla Monsoon

Bruno Sammartino

Superstar Graham

Hulk Hogan

Andre the Giant

Roddy Piper

Bret Hart

Randy Savage

Tito Santana

Gorilla Monsoon

Bobby Heenan

Hulk Hogan

Randy Savage

Bret Hart

Roddy Piper

Gorilla Monsoon

Bobby Heenan

Shawn Michaels

Ted Dibiase

Ricky Steamboat

Jimmy Hart

My nominations for the Class of 2007 TSM/WWE Hall of Fame

1. Hulk Hogan

2. Bruno Sammartino

3. Andre The Giant

4. "Superstar" Billy Graham

5. Bob Backlund

6. Greg "The Hammer" Valentine

7. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

8. "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff

9. "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka

10. "Macho Man" Randy Savage

Here are my votes based on their WWE contributions, that's why you don't see Ric Flair and Terry Funk on the list. I wanted to list the first 10 men that I thought should go in the HOF. In the WWE, Terry Funk was a midcard tag team wrestler. Ric Flair's contributions wouldn't come until the 90s so it isn't fair to short change all of these men just to put someone in whose main contributions during the 80s was with the competition.

Anyway, enjoy.

Basing my nominations on their WW(W)F/E body of work:

1. Hulk Hogan - Six time World Champion, catalyst of the first wrestling boom.

2. Bruno Sammartino - The driving force of the WWWF/WWF during his combined reigns of twelve years.

3. Andre the Giant - One of the world's biggest draws for years, and still remembered in pop culture today, either by being honored the Greatest Drinker Ever or through OBEY.

4. Billy Graham - The prototype of Jesse Ventura and Hulk Hogan.

5. Gorilla Monsoon (Commentator) - One of the most recognizable faces and voices in the WWF's history.

6. Bobby Heenan (Commentator, Manager) - One of the best managers ever, if not the best.

7. Bob Backlund - The last champion of the old version of the WWF, an accomplished amateur wrestler.

8. Bret Hart - The spiritual successor to Backlund, an excellent mat wrestler who got over on his in-ring talents.

9. Randy Savage - One of the biggest stars of the 1980's WWF, from his classic matches at Wrestlemania and feuds with Steamboat, Hogan, and Warrior.

10. Vince McMahon (Commentator, Promoter) - Took the WWF of his father and made it a national, then world wide power.

Here are my votes...

1: Hulk Hogan

2. Bruno Sammartino

3: Andre the Giant

4: Bob Backlund

5: Bret Hart

6: Vince McMahon Sr.

7: Chief Jay Strongbow

8: Billy Graham

9: Gorilla Monsoon

10: Pedro Morales

My list:

Hulk Hogan

Superstar Billy Graham

Andre The Giant

Bret Hart

Bobby Heenan

Shawn Michaels

Randy Savage

Capt. Lou Albano

Gorilla Monsoon

Bob Backlund

Hulk Hogan

Superstar Billy Graham

Bret Hart

Ricky Steamboat

Bruno Sammartino

Bobby Heenan

Ted DiBiase

Randy Savage

Roddy Piper

Curt Henning (was not sure of his debut date)

If I was wrong on Curt then put on there

James E. Cornette

Hennig debuted in 1979, so he far exceeds the requirement.

I'm using the PWI Almanacs for debut dates, wherever possible.

Hennig had already been one half of the AWA Tag Champions by the cutoff point and was only a couple of months away from becoming World Champion.

Hulk Hogan

Bob Backlund

Randy Savage

Roddy Piper

Jimmy Snuka

Superstar Billy Graham

Greg Valentine

Ricky Steamboat

Bruno Sammartino

Classy Freddie Blassie

Gorilla Monsoon

Randy Savage

Hulk Hogan

Howard Finkel

Jimmy Hart

Gene Okerlund

Ricky Steamboat

Bret Hart

Bruno Sammartino

Jake Roberts

That's a pretty good list. But take out Jimmy Hart and add Bobby Heenan and you have mine:

Gorilla Monsoon

Randy Savage

Hulk Hogan

Howard Finkel

Bobby Heenan

Gene Okerlund

Ricky Steamboat

Bret Hart

Bruno Sammartino

Jake Roberts