TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

Super Bowl XLI

Guest Grossman=Fag
Agent, may I also have an Anti-Grossman name?

Anti Grossman names for all. I stuck up for him alllllllll season long based on him being young and inexperienced, and having a winning record. No longer.

Guest Grossman=Fag
It was like Neil O' Donnell out there.

This comparison just galvanizes my rage.

After I sleep off the drink, I'll come to my senses that the Colts won, which I'm more than fine with, and predicted.

grossman is done. he laid the largest egg on the biggest stage. i've seen 10 year olds throw better passes. and whats with the dump offs when they're 3rd & 9? just awful. lucikly, he played so awful that i was somewhat entertained. his fulitity made me laugh often. i especially enjoyed the fumble where he irish danced for about 10 yards to recover.

CBS' coverage was excellent, as usual. I usually hate Jim Nantz, particularly at golf and college basketball (although in basketball it's mostly Billy Packer that I can't stand), but he's good at calling football games. I even liked the opening, with all the friends and relatives.

Indy total yards: 430

Yards from Addai and Rhodes: 264 (with 12 1st downs rushing to 11 firsts passing, with some of those going to Addai)

Manning yards: 247

I would have gone the co-MVP route as well.

Edited by KingPK

but holy shit did pricne rock the fuck out at halftime. it made me forget how angry the first half made me. when the second half began i was almost tempted to turn off the television. i couldn't go through the pain again. but the aforementioned blunders turned my rage into laughs.

Guest Grossman=Fag

That cirque de soliel shit was retarded. Was that for the disinterested wives stuck at home?

Let me recap what I said would happen to the Bears.

Chicago's overrated 'D' exposed. Check

Chicago's overrated running game held in check. Minus that one big 52 yd run, check.

Hester providing most of Chicago's scoring punch. Check.

Sexy Rexy shitting the bed in the biggest game of the season and throwing a key pick 6 in the process. Check AND Check.

Peyton playing well and winning MVP. Check.

The Colts easily winning by double figures. Check.

I really wish I knew more about football so I could discuss the games rationally.

how was chicago's defense shitty? the game should have been 54-17. you know nothing. they kept the bears in the game when they only had like 4 first downs in three quarters. shut the fuck up & sit down.

Guest Kesh

I would have gone the co-mvp route as well, although its not as if manning was a bad choice, so it doesnt really upset me

congrats to dungy, he really deserved a ring

Well, that game was about as ugly as I was expecting. The Bears offense looked absolutely terrible, and their D wasn't up to carrying the load today, even with the weather seemingly in their favor. Manning should not have won the MVP, but it doesn't surprise me. At least we can stop hearing "Is he the next Dan Marino?" and "Can he ever win the big one?"

On that note, does else think Marino is pissed now that Peyton has passed him in status? He didn't look too happy during the post game show. Probably doesn't help that Favre is gonna take his big claim to fame next year either.

Just stop, naif. The Bears D forced a bunch of turnovers & very few big plays. Grossman played like he wanted to make a new Larry Brown for Al Davis to sign & that's the single biggest reason why the Bears lost. The D wasn't exposed, or anything close to it. Yeesh.

Let me recap what I said would happen to the Bears.

Chicago's overrated 'D' exposed. Check

Chicago's overrated running game held in check. Minus that one big 52 yd run, check.

Hester providing most of Chicago's scoring punch. Check.

Sexy Rexy shitting the bed in the biggest game of the season and throwing a key pick 6 in the process. Check AND Check.

Peyton playing well and winning MVP. Check.

The Colts easily winning by double figures. Check.

I really wish I knew more about football so I could discuss the games rationally.

Way to go out on a limb there (I'll give you credit for the Bears D comment though). I don't really care that I picked the Bears, I just thought they had the type of team that the Colts would have trouble with. There's two things I'm really interested in now. 1. What's the Bears QB situation gonna amount to now? 2. Where does Peyton rank on the all-time QB list now?

One thing-I really like Steve Young on T.V., it seems like he doesn't pull any punches.

EDIT-I take back the Bears D comment since they were playing against a great offense.

On that note, does else think Marino is pissed now that Peyton has passed him in status? He didn't look too happy during the post game show. Probably doesn't help that Favre is gonna take his big claim to fame next year either.

Misery does love company.

The D wasn't exposed, or anything close to it.

I wouldn't say it was exposed, but it definitely wasn't very good. The Colts were able to move the ball at will, but unable to score.

You know, like the Patriots. Bend but not break.

I'd look at the all-time top QBs being

Montana, Elway/Brady, Brady/Elway, Marino, Favre/Peyton, Peyton/Favre. Obviously either Brady or Peyton could end up at # 1 since their careers aren't over but I don't really think this win pushed Peyton into the top 5 yet and he was probably sitting firmly in the top 10.

The D wasn't exposed, or anything close to it.

I wouldn't say it was exposed, but it definitely wasn't very good. The Colts were able to move the ball at will, but unable to score.

You know, like the Patriots. Bend but not break.

when you're on the field for more than 3/4 of the game, i think we can say that only allowing 13 points or whatever was pretty good. the rest was from offensive mistakes.

Anybody else out their with a twisted mind like mine thinking to themself "Well all the Colts had to do was make a Satanic sacrafice in Dungy's son a year prior"? I know, I'm an asshole and blah blah blah.

Congrats to players like Bob Sanders but I can't stand Peyton Manning, Tony Dungy, or Bill Pollian. They've done too much whining and crying to have certain rules enforced more and manipulated the officiating system. I really never wanted any of those three to get a ring.

The Bears defense gave up a ton of yards but a respectable number of points (22), which is pretty much on par on how they've played this year and under the Lovie Smith regime as a whole. They caused turnovers, which is again on par with what they do. The difference? Rex's mistakes caught up with them. This loss is solely on sexy Rexy

I agree, but points allowed wasn't the most important thing. It's that the Colts were able to extend drives so that the Bears defense had to be out there for a long time.

Regardless, their defense wasn't the problem, it was the offense. Rex was putrid.

Just stop, naif. The Bears D forced a bunch of turnovers & very few big plays. Grossman played like he wanted to make a new Larry Brown for Al Davis to sign & that's the single biggest reason why the Bears lost. The D wasn't exposed, or anything close to it. Yeesh.

So allowing 29 points (22 if I feel like being generous), 8 of 18 4th down conversions, 191 yards rushing (4.5 YPC), 438 yards total and 38:04 TOP qualifies as a good game now? For the second coming of the 1985 Bears 'D' they didn't get shit done in "Bears weather" with an 8 point lead. The Colts could easily have put up 40+ if not for some early nerves.

Hey naif, there were some pretty good qbs around before 1980.

That guy Unitas couldn't hold Manning's jock.