New York @ Orlando, 7:00

Indiana @ Memphis, 8:00

Miami @ Milwaukee, 8:30

NO/OK @ Houston, 8:30

Minnesota @ Dallas, 8:30

Utah @ Phoenix, 9:00

Denver @ Sacramento, 10:00

Chicago @ Portland, 10:00

11 straight losses for the Celtics now and I don't see that freefall stopping anytime soon.

With their luck, they'll get the most ping-pong balls and end up with the 7th pick anyway.

Clippers up 33 at the end of 3rd against the Sonics

Great turnaround from last night's terribly disappointing loss to the Wolves

Well this is an odd stat:

The Clippers are 0-11 in the FIRST game of a back to back, they are 8-3 in the second

The Celtics have now emerged as a frontrunner to land Pau Gasol, offering Al Jefferson and "several draft picks."

It turns out the Grizzlies don't like the Celtics offer. I'd take Jefferson and draft picks for Gasol; although maybe that isn't exactly what they offered.

Skills Challenge participants:

Dwyane Wade

Kobe Bryant

LeBron James

Steve Nash

Jesus. How about getting some actual point guards in this thing, besides Nash.

EDIT: Nash's participation also surprised me, as I just read an interview a few days ago that Nash didn't want to do it last year, but apparently it's in the new CBA that the All-Star Saturday event winners have to defend their titles.

My guess would be so that you don't end up with a bunch of no names in all of the skills events.

Dwyane Wade

Kobe Bryant

LeBron James

Why couldn't these 3 do the dunk contest?

And fuck that CBA rule... I don't wanna see Lil Nate spend 30 minutes trying to successfully complete a dunk.

I wouldn't want to see Kobe in the dunk contest at this stage of his career. It should be reserved for the Gerald Green's and Fred Jones' of the world. That contest should be used to elevate (no pun intended) young, unseen talent, with maybe a guy like Jason Richardson.

Dwyane Wade

Kobe Bryant

LeBron James

Steve Nash

Jesus. How about getting some actual point guards in this thing, besides Nash.

EDIT: Nash's participation also surprised me, as I just read an interview a few days ago that Nash didn't want to do it last year, but apparently it's in the new CBA that the All-Star Saturday event winners have to defend their titles.

But it was Wade that won it last year. Nash won two years ago.

I know. That's why Nash had to be in it last year, I was just wondering what caused him to change his mind this year about not wanting to do it.

On another note, these are the All-Star jerseys from 1980 in Washington

malone_allstar80_JW_new.jpg

I wouldn't want to see Kobe in the dunk contest at this stage of his career. It should be reserved for the Gerald Green's and Fred Jones' of the world. That contest should be used to elevate (no pun intended) young, unseen talent, with maybe a guy like Jason Richardson.
I would rather watch AND1 guys challenge NBA All-Stars myself.

What the hell? Why is that in the CBA, among all things?!

The Craig Hodges rule?

I feel like Matt Hardy right now.

"Vince Carter, you ruined my life."

28 ft. 3 pointer at the buzzer beats Utah 116-115.

The Jazz were also without Boozer and had AK playing on a sprained ankle. Chin up.

What is the obsession with AND1?

SPYDA GOES UP AND HE THROWS IT DOWN! OOOOHHHHH BABY OH MY GAD

Entertainment? Shit... atleast the majority of the guys would hit the dunk on the first try and not have to take like, 15 attempts just to wind up nailing a shitty dunk.

That.. and dammit, who wouldn't want to see Tango and Bill Walton call the thing just for the hilarity that would ensue?

"Throw it down big-man!"

"OH BAY-BEE! MY GAWD-SON WIT THA 720! OH BAY-BEE!"

Bryant suspended for striking Ginobili

NEW YORK - Kobe Bryant was suspended one game without pay by the NBA on Tuesday for striking San Antonio's Manu Ginobili in the face.

Bryant was to miss Tuesday's game against the New York Knicks, leaving the Lakers without their leading scorer when they opened an eight-game road trip.

The incident occurred with 2.7 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter of the Lakers' 96-94 overtime loss to the Spurs on Sunday.

Bryant is averaging 28.4 points, 5.5 assists and 5.4 rebounds.

I didn't see the game, was it a punch or elbow? Kobe missing the Knicks game tonight is a great treat for the fans at MSG who won't get to see him play in person this year.

It was an accidental backhand because he was trying to draw a foul and swung his arms out. It's bullshit, but I'm not mad because the team's playing the Knicks.

Seriously, if he gets suspended for that, everyone should get suspended for a game.

The Memphis Grizzlies reached a buyout with G Eddie Jones. Once he clears waivers he's expected to re-sign with the Miami Heat, a team with which he spent five years with earlier in his career.

Having just seen the play in question, that may be the lamest suspension in NBA history.

I agree, but it leads to a discussion I had with my roommate the other day. I hate (it seems recently, probably gone on forever), but it seems like everytime D-Wade & Kobe are going to the hoop with the game on the line, they are looking for contact instead of just driving strong to the hoop. They are so explosive 80% of the time they'll get the call anyway, now they just look ridiculous with the pump fakes and jumping in about three feet into the defender.

Kobe wants immediate hearing to discuss one-game suspension

Jan. 30, 2007

CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

NEW YORK -- Kobe Bryant requested an "immediate hearing" with the NBA office to discuss the one-game suspension he was given earlier Tuesday for striking San Antonio's Manu Ginobili in the face. Advertisement

Bryant was to miss Tuesday's game against the New York Knicks, leaving the Lakers without their leading scorer when they opened an eight-game road trip.

However, since Bryant was already in New York, he was still hoping for a chance to play.

"I've been waiting to play here, it's always been a fun place for me to play here, and I'm surprised. Shocked, by it, actually," Bryant said. "I unintentionally caught Manu Ginobili. What do you say, it's a basketball game. You unintentionally catch people with elbows every once in a while."

Players association spokesman Dan Wasserman said a letter was sent on Bryant's behalf to the league office requesting the hearing, and that Bryant volunteered to review the videotape and talk to commissioner David Stern or the "appropriate league official."

"I'm blown away by it, I really am," Bryant said. "It just makes no sense."

Executive vice president of operations Stu Jackson is responsible for handing out the penalties for on-court actions.

"It's just unintentional," Bryant said. "I felt horrible about it. It's just basketball, it happens."

The incident occurred with 2.7 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter of the Lakers' 96-94 overtime loss to the Spurs on Sunday.

Bryant is averaging 28.4 points, 5.5 assists and 5.4 rebounds.

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

I guess Kobe REALLY wants to play in MSG tonight. I still haven't seen the play in question but given that it was against Manu, I wouldn't be shocked if he sold the blow like a gunshot. I doubt the NBA decides to rescind the suspension or let him play tonight and sit the next game out, but you never know.