TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Failed Bridge

Biggest Train Wreck of a Life

Guest Oedipus Rex

Yeah Marvin, stop piddling away your funds on HDTV and find some investors so you can start a restaurant. The culinary arts are your strong suit, after all.

Bob have you graduated yet?

Marvin, Kotzenjunge, that girl that posts slash and just about anyone else in here who is stuck in a dead-end job in their twenties with nothing to look forward to.

I'm going to be the President. Are you going to be the President?

Guest Princess Leena
anyone else in here who is stuck in a dead-end job in their twenties with nothing to look forward to.

:(

Im thinking about writing a cookbook..but then again any wackjob with enough time and the money can get a cookbook published, but it doesn't mean it will sell..I'll end up having to rent a storage unit to house all the unsold copies or start burning them for heat when Im broke and cold.

Guest Oedipus Rex

Sure, with an attitude like that. But seriously, try to run in that whole food direction.

Guest Princess Leena

Marvin really should work with food.

He has the advantage of not having to wear those silly hats and gloves.

Im thinking about writing a cookbook..but then again any wackjob with enough time and the money can get a cookbook published, but it doesn't mean it will sell..I'll end up having to rent a storage unit to house all the unsold copies or start burning them for heat when Im broke and cold.

No matter how many copies it would sell, its still money. Think about that.

Im a freaking cook now! 2 days a week, 13 1/2 hour shift (5 am to 7pm) ..breakfast lunch and dinner for 40 patients at a rehab hospital. Its a piece of cake really, I just wish it paid better than what Im getting now..only complaint I have about the place. That and the freaking health insurance they offer sucks. The company that owns the hospital is really tight with their money (hence my really small raises over the last 3 years). But I guess when you try to fraud the government and nearly go bankrupt, thats what happens.

No matter how many copies it would sell, its still money. Think about that.

You still have to sell a certain number of books to break even, or else you end up losing money and having a ton of worthless books to get rid of.

From the author that brought you "Gloomy Gourmet" and "Melancholy Meals", MarvinisaLunatic brings out his finest cook book yet "Dinner to die for" with brand new recipies for the average bachelor.

Nothing against Marvin, but I hope he wears gloves, what with the way his hands are.

Nothing against Marvin, but I hope he wears gloves, what with the way his hands are.

Theres nothing wrong with my hands, they're just..red splotched all over, but I do have to wear gloves.

And I get to wear one of my fitted O's caps to work...the one that says "O's" on the front instead of the actual bird. I hate that one and thus I wear it to work instead of my other fitted cap with the bird on it which I wear everywhere else (dont leave the house without it on). I also apparently have a big head since its hard to find 7 7/8s sized caps.

I was going to be a chef. Then I had kids.

At least being a butcher is kind of working with food...

I had a class about Meatcutting, but the guy that taught the class pretty much said, Butchers are going the way of the dinosaurs given most supermarkets buy their meats already cut (wal mart started the trend to cut costs and most of the rest have followed to keep up). I know of a few restaurants that have butchers on staff but for the most part 99% of restaurants get their meat precut too. And most meatcutting that is done is done assembly line style by laser guided machines that are even more precise than the best butcher and cheaper since butchers get paid pretty good.

I actually liked it cause you get to spend all day in a cold freezer room..which beats a 120 degree kitchen any day. Cold doesn't bother me at all.

Guest Vitamin X
From the author that brought you "Gloomy Gourmet" and "Melancholy Meals", MarvinisaLunatic brings out his finest cook book yet "Dinner to die for" with brand new recipies for the average bachelor.

:lol: Awesome! Marvin should name his books just that. Go with the whole Eeyore thing.

Hell that whole persona could work for him. Girls dig Eeyore.

Marvin, you should get a job as a cook at real restaurant. With your experience you could probably get a full-time job with better hours and better pay than the old folks' home. Unless there's no such thing in your desolate part of MD.

Guest Princess Leena

But..they'll laugh at him because of his alopecia and not hire him..plus he's blind and will have AIDS soon, so why bother..