TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

The Worst Band On The Planet

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I tend to do this annually. Consider what rock bands are on the radio, and find out which one I want to stab the most. Although Hinder weighed heavily on my mind, based on their newest single, I have a repeat winner.

Saliva. Stab them.

1.) Hinder

2.) Saliva

3.) Nickleback

I've already mentioned this before, but Hinder sucks so bad, that their name should be filtered on these boards.

-Pussycat Dolls (if they count as a band)

A female lead and a bunch of dancers? Sure but they can dance very well and they serve their purpose well.

Hinder offers no redeeming value. It isn't a case of a band getting overexposed and thus becoming hated, they are a case of tremendously shitty band that got ever worse with every single replay.

Linkin Park hasn't done anything in at least a year or so, they don't count. I figure the purpose is current acts with regular airplay. Otherwise, the winner would be Crazy Town every time.

Of course it's Hinder. Outside of that, there's a bunch of those emo/poppy punk bands that have generic names that are just absolutely horrible. I think there's enough good (not that there's even 1% total good, but still, a slight percentage of good) in Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance is leaps and bounds better than alot of other bands in that genre. Nickelback, yeah I could go that route. Crazy Town if they ever release anything else will definitely be the worst band on the planet and could possibly be 'Eternally Worst Band on the Planet Ever' for that song "Butterfly". However, if I can't put LFO (not the techno band, but the *ahem* Lyte Funky Ones) on the list since they haven't done anything in several years, I won't put Crazy Town on there. So, yeah, it's Hinder...or maybe that country guy who actually has a cover of the Hinder song out now, but he's a guy and not a band, so I don't know if he counts.

Is Limp Bizkit still around? Last I heard (maybe 12-18 months ago), Fred Durst was talking about recording an experimental concept record that railed against The Bush Administration and The War. It might have already came out. If they're still together, I think they're a contender.

And I used to be a fan of them. Ah to be a dumb middle schooler. Really though, did anybody have good music taste before the age of 16 ?

I had better taste in music in elementary school than middle school. Up until about 6th grade I mostly listened to old 70's bands, then between 6th and 9th grade something horrible happened to my brain and I started listening to awful music. I still listened to old 70's bands, but I also listened to stuff like Korn and Linkin Park (though in my defence I only listened to Linkin Park in 9th grade, and then later I had to put up with their shit because this twat I was dating was obsessed with them). I came to my senses in 10th grade and started listening to bands that didn't suck again. So, I guess I started having good taste in music again right before I turned 16.

Man, I just shoulda said "yeah"

Some band out there that exists... they haven't hit it big yet, but when their first ready-made single hits the airwaves, it's really going to suck

I also had better taste in elementary school than junior/senior high school. In elementary school, I mostly just listened to what my parents liked. In 3rd grade, my favorite band was Aerosmith. That was in like..1992, when "Pump" had just come out. I also was really into Nirvana/Pearl Jam/Alice in Chains/Soundgarden etc. And there was the steady diet of 60s and 70s rock from my Dad's side-Led Zepplin, The Who, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Band, etc. and more poppy and R&B stuff from my Mom-Jackson 5, Al Green, Marvin Gaye, et al. When I got into junior high, I started rebelling and getting into Marilyn Manson (like 96 or so, back before he had breasts) and other stuff like that. I also, I'm sorry to say, got really into emo and punk at one point, mostly Fat Wreck Chords stuff, even though I still really like NOFX, Lagwagon, and a few others, the rest is pretty bad. I have a buncha punk and emo samplers from back in the day. I used to work at Burger King and spend my entire paychecks buying crappy punk and emo CDs. I should find some 16 year old with eyeliner and a skinny tie to give em to.

Yeah I hate to make this topic of "what was your music taste like when you were younger?" but I had a better taste of music (not great but tolerable by today standards) when I was an elementary schooler than middle schooler and the first two years of high school or so. In elementary school, I loved Michael Jackson, The Beatles and oldies (Particularly 60s pop and R&B) with a smattering of Weird Al Yankovic and weirdly enough, Alice Cooper.

But in middle school, it was a combination of classic hard rock (Van Halen, AC/DC, KISS, which wasn't too bad but I also liked hair metal stuff like Quiet Riot and Warrant *shudders*) and nu-metal with a little bit of awful rap (I remember being obsessed with that Ja Rule/Bobby Brown song in 9th grade for some reason).

From underneath the trees, we watch the sky

Confusing stars for satellites

I never dreamed that you'd be mine

But here we are, we're here tonight

Singing Amen, I, I'm alive

[Chorus:]

If everyone cared and nobody cried

If everyone loved and nobody lied

If everyone shared and swallowed their pride

Then we'd see the day when nobody died

And I'm singing

Amen I, Amen I, I'm alive

Amen I, Amen I, Amen I, I'm alive

And in the air the fireflies

Our only light in paradise

We'll show the world they were wrong

And teach them all to sing along

(I'm alive)

[Chorus x2]

And as we lie beneath the stars

We realize how small we are

If they could love like you and me

Imagine what the world could be

If everyone cared and nobody cried

If everyone loved and nobody lied

If everyone shared and swallowed their pride

Then we'd see the day when nobody died

When nobody died...

[Chorus]

We'd see the day, we'd see the day

When nobody died

We'd see the day, we'd see the day

When nobody died

We'd see the day when nobody died

Is Limp Bizkit still around? Last I heard (maybe 12-18 months ago), Fred Durst was talking about recording an experimental concept record that railed against The Bush Administration and The War. It might have already came out. If they're still together, I think they're a contender.

I think they released an EP that was supposed to be a series. So far, part 2 hasn't come fortunately.

Fall Out Boy could compete for this distinction.

oh, come on.

citing them and my chemical romance is both lazy and incorrect.

cocentrate your hatred elsewhere. at least they have a soul. hinder & nickelback are souless, passionless tripe. fall out boy wants people to dance dance. the others just want to get paid.

Saliva is a decent rock band that made a niche in producing entrance and stadium music for sporting events. Or even just workout music. With the money they made off of that angle, they'd freely admit it themselves. I can't fathom a setting in which I'd hear a Nickelback song that'd fit the mood I was in, or the place that I was at.

Korn and Hinder with 30 Seconds to Mars quickly gaining steam after I thought they started pretty decent. Course they may not suck really, it might just be Jared Leto is a moron.

I'm yet to figure out why Hinder is so popular. They reached SOAD levels of overplay recently here though. Every fourth song on the rock station near me is Hinder. I've had to listen to CDs and tapes lately because I got tired of hearing them.

yeah.

i forgot how squeeling 'dance, dance!' is passionate music.

sentence fragment.

lets all agree that people who make emo songs arent all bad. maybe they really do care. yes. radio rock bands are passionless tripe. but the stuff on mtv can be pretty soulful. another sentence fragment.

Hinder's just one of those Creed-clone type bands with a radio friendly sound and marketable image, I guess.

At least Creed had that whole "Christian Rock but we're aren't christian!" angle going for them for awhile that gave them some understanding of how they were so popular. What does Hinder really have? I never actually SEEN this band, are they really good looking guys and thus, popular with girls? It really baffles me.

I'm shocked no one tried to be cute and say Daughtery just for AI hating purposes.

What about The Fray? Where do we stand on that band? Is it better to be a Coldplay clone then it is to be a Creed Clone? Is that what kept them from being mentioned on this list? I don't hate them but I know some people do. Outside of that Hinder song, I don't think any song got more play then Save A Life.

Anybody that says Daughtry is just...wrong. He's so intense; he can't be the worst band on the planet. When he sang the National Anthem at the Saints/Bears game a couple months ago, a single tear fell onto his cheek. That's intensity.

I just looked at a picture of Hinder, and I can say that they're not getting by on their looks. And the lead singer's name is *ahem* Austin Winkler.

I'd also like to introduce Buckcherry for consideration. That uh...song they have out now..."Crazy Bitch" or whatever. Yeah, it's terrible.

Good Charlotte.

I heard one minute of their latest song. It's about as shitty as expected.

I used to kind of like Buckcherry way back when they came out in 97/98ish. I still maintain that "Lit Up" is a good cock rock song. Everything they've done since their comeback a year or two ago has sucked and they haven't done anything good since "Lit Up" but "Lit Up" saves them from being one of the worst bands on the planet.

In the vein of Hinder, Saliva and Nickelback, I'd like to put Crossfade in consideration. When you're considered a second tier band of an already crappy genre, that should at least put you in the running.

Oh and how could I forget Hoobastank?