TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

oAo Monday Night Raw Thread -- 4/9/2007

Yeah, this really needed to be the main event.

Anything involving McMahons=Mainevent, over the champion even.

So Umaga hits 5 or 6 spikes on Lashley at Backlash, and Vince pins him to get the ECW title.

And then is flattened 2 minutes later by Mr Kennedy.

I like how Vinces idea of making a new star is to fued with them himself in the 870th rehash of Austin vs Mcmahon.

Was this a episode of Nitro or what the undercard was somewhat entertaining but the main event was pure crap.

Yeah I was waiting for Sting to come from the rafters to save the day, but then folks, we would've been out of time.

Does anyone know if the Make-A-Wish thing was the start of an angle?

The only really possible thing IMO, is the rumored a while back Nitro/Foley (Almost Edge/Foley like) feud.

Although, I don't really think that's going to happen either. I think it actually might have just been a random make a wish kid getting his wish...

Was this a episode of Nitro or what the undercard was somewhat entertaining but the main event was pure crap.

Yeah I was waiting for Sting to come from the rafters to save the day, but then folks, we would've been out of time.

as the tape machines were rolling it was revealed that it wasn't the real Sting it was really Kane wearing the Sting mask.

Stay tuned for the New Adventures of Robin Hood!

3 things:

1. They missed a great chance for Brutus Beefcake to come out tonight and fill the Austin role.

2. Why does Umaga have the IC title? I am convinced it was just for the press covering Wrestlemania so Umaga would look more important.

3. I hate when they have top stars go even steven (stephen) with Shane. It was so much better when X-Pac beat him up for a whole match and Shane had to have a lot of interference to win the match.

I'm going to RAW tonight- I hope it's good. Last RAW I went to had the Kane-Snitsky streetfight.

Ha ha, Bob.

And Vince needs to start wearing a zoot suit w/ the huge shoulders, those black/white shoes, and swinging a watch on a chain whenever he appears on camera.

Khali was absent. Shocked they didn't do a skit with the kid meeting Khali and not being afraid.

He could climb him like scaffolding and bungee jump.

...and I'd rather see Film Noir Vince than Zoot Suit Riot Vince. Better visual effects.

The Cena/HBK/Edge/Orton/Coach/Foley/Kid segment was horrible. Very poorly done. The writing team must be starting their annual nine month break after Mania.

You know, I think I could do without ever having Shane on my screen again. It's not that he isn't impressive when he does one of his crazy stunt matches, but it does nothing but show up the workers who actually have to wrestle the next day. And it seems like he is hell bent on showing up the wrestlers in the matches as well, getting entirely too much offense and burying talent.

Seriously, if they just did Lashley/Umaga in a hardcore match for the ECW title that might be a decent match. What is the point of including Vince and Shane? A part of me wouldn't mind Shane actually winning that, if nothing else because I wouldn't mind seeing him defend against RVD and tasting the other end of a real Van Terminator.

Stay tuned for the New Adventures of Robin Hood!

I was more of a fan of Witchblade. Yancy Butler was hot!

After Raw went off the air, all four continued the assault on Lashley. They then strapped the ECW Title around Vince's waist and held him up on their shoulders.

This was a really good show, except for the main event. Two good tag matches, a SWEET semi-main event in Orton/HBK (I'm calling it ***+ even with the terrible finish), a decent women's match (even Candice wasn't terrible), and honestly, I thought the Make-a-Wish kid thing was very cool, and classy, and I thought it was entertaining in a sugary sort of way. All the major players were on their game (the Cena promo was FINE, not "horrible" at all), and the show was genuinely fun to watch.

I had a really good time.

The main event sucked, but I loved HBK v. Orton. As usual, I got way worked up and began booing and heckling HBK like crazy.

I also yelled at Orton to RKO the Make a Wish kid. I couldn't help it. I'm also glad they played it straight and didn't turn it into an angle