Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

Drive

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah"

"What your name?"

"Brad"

Tremendous.

Wow, this show is like someone saw the Amazing Race and said "This needs to be scripted and not have exotic international locations and DEFINITELY not have Phil providing the exposition." I just hope Filly drops a "AAAAAAFRIIIIICAAAAAAAAAA" at some point and Boston Rob shows up.

Hour 2 is on. You really didn't miss much in the first.

OH SHIT THEY DONE GOT FUCKED UP.

Melanie Lynskey is fucking cute. Damn shame about that origin thing.

Oh and they are SO doing TWISTER here, with

this blonde chick being the lil girl who lost her parents to the

race and Fillion being The Extreme. Hell, he even has a truck. Now where's Dusty?

The Boyfriend was in Iraq and his Girlfriend has A-rack.

HAHAHHAHAHA. At least she has the chest. And the ass. Not so much with the face.

OMG they are following the Old Dude and his daughter. This IS the amazing race. OMG the milf is going to kill that chick that was in CROSSROADs. This too is exactly like the amazing race.

This show, by its own premise, cannot last long. I can't even see them getting beyond 1 season, assuming they don't get canceled.

This Phil is channeling Wallace Shawn like a motherfucker.

I'd say in terms of shows in the post LOST tv era, this is probably below Prison Break but above Jericho. Mainly because of Filly and the few times Minear busted out the humour. Let's say a 6.5/10.

I didn't see Brecken Meyer or Amy Smart.

I was mistaken - it was Nathan Filion and some blonde who could be Amy Smart. Given the premise of the show, I don't think it really matters.

So far so good. Anyone know how many episodes it's airing? Since it's only filling in for Prison Break's slot I imagine not too many. Which is probably good, cause I couldn't see this being stretched out 22 episodes or such.

Yeah, I am digging the show. But Minear doesn't have a very good track record and with a 3.2 rating on Sunday night, I don't see this doing very well. Unless it did great on Monday.

Yeah, I am digging the show. But Minear doesn't have a very good track record and with a 3.2 rating on Sunday night, I don't see this doing very well. Unless it did great on Monday.

To be fair, Fox stuck by Til' Death despite mediocore ratings, and the ratings did pick up. I like to think what happened with family guy and firefly maybe taught them a lesson.

Went up to a 3.5 but well below what 'Prison Break' (5.0) did and a 'House' repeat (4.9). It did get a rise up in the ratings so maybe it can keep gaining steam. So far for me Nathan is the only thing holding it together and now that he has one bad ass car, this could get a lot more interesting.

To be fair, Fox stuck by Til' Death despite mediocore ratings, and the ratings did pick up. I like to think what happened with family guy and firefly maybe taught them a lesson.

I imagine that Til' Death doesn't cost near as much to make as Drive does. Even if it doesn't last an entire season I hope that they have enough eps filmed for a DVD release

And hopefully the people making the show know whether or not they're closed to being cancelled and we won't get some random episode that solves nothing be the finale.

To be honest, I don't think Fox learned a damn thing. Family Guy was brought back because it's cheap programming. Firefly wouldn't have been brought back because Fox has no idea how to market Sci-Fi and it would've tanked. Again. X-Files was an exception, not the norm folks.

The good news is that with the Idol juggernaut in full swing and House doing so well Fox execs may not have noticed the other ratings at all.