TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BlackFlagg

and the new Incredible Hulk is....

http://www.marvel.com/news/moviestories.99...oviestories.991

Edward Norton to star in The Incredible Hulk

ACADEMY-AWARD® NOMINEE EDWARD NORTON TO STAR IN MARVEL STUDIOS'THE INCREDIBLE HULK, OPENING 6/13/08

Two-time Academy Award® nominee Edward Norton has signed on to play Bruce Banner, who transforms into Marvel's renowned, larger-than-life Super Hero, The Hulk in Marvel Studios' action-packed, new big screen adaptation of THE INCREDIBLE HULK. The film, which is being directed by Louis Leterrier and distributed by Universal Pictures, is scheduled to smash into theaters on June 13, 2008.

"Edward Norton is a rare talent and one of the most versatile actors in the business. His ability to transform into a particular role makes him the ideal choice to take on the character of Bruce Banner/The Hulk. Edward is perfectly suited to bring one of the most popular and important Marvel icons to the big screen in a new and exciting way," said Kevin Feige, President of Production, Marvel Studios.

Under the visionary direction of Louis Leterrier (Transporter 2, Unleashed), The Incredible Hulk will return to the roots of the long-running comic series and television show.

The story unfolds when the pursuit for The Hulk – the world's most misunderstood, primal force of fury – heats up, finding Bruce Banner on the run attempting to cure his condition before his pursuers capture him.

Check out the

official Hulk

bio here

Edward Norton is widely recognized as one of Hollywood's most multifaceted actors. Having appeared in more than 20 films to date, he has garnered numerous accolades, including two Academy Award nominations. He received a Best Actor nod for his portrayal of a former Neo-Nazi in American History X, as well as Supporting Actor recognition for his role opposite Richard Gere in Primal Fear. He will next been seen in Pride and Glory (co-starring Colin Farrell). Other film credits include: Fight Club, The Painted Veil, The Illusionist, The Score, 25th Hour, Frida, Death to Smoochy, and The People vs. Larry Flynt.

Filming is slated to begin in Toronto this summer.

The Incredible Hulk film is being produced by Avi Arad, Gale Anne Hurd and Kevin Feige and will be executive produced by Jim Van Wyck, David Maisel, Ari Arad and Stan Lee. Mr. Norton is represented by Brian Swardstrom of Endeavor.

Universal Pictures will distribute the film domestically and in various international territories.

About Marvel Entertainment, Inc.

With a library of over 5,000 characters, Marvel Entertainment, Inc. is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies. Marvel's operations are focused on utilizing its character franchises in licensing, entertainment, publishing and toys. Areas of emphasis include feature films, DVD/home video, consumer products, video games, action figures and role-playing toys, television and promotions. Rooted in the creative success of over sixty years of comic book publishing, Marvel's strategy is to leverage its character franchises in a growing array of opportunities around the world. For more information visit www.marvel.com.

Except for any historical information that they contain, the statements in this news release regarding Marvel's plans are forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, including unexpected delays in the production of The Incredible Hulk film or that Marvel may be delayed in meeting its lender's conditions for funding The Incredible Hulk film under its film slate facility. These and other risks and uncertainties are described in Marvel's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including Marvel's Annual Reports on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and Current Reports on Form 8-K.

™ & ©: 2007 Marvel Entertainment, Inc. and subsidiaries, all rights reserved. Super Hero(es) is a co-owned registered trademark.

I like Edward and think he's a great actor but I just cannot see him in this role. I don't know, maybe he can pull it off but it feels like a miscast.

Director aside, i think Norton is good casting.

Funny, im watching Fight Club on the sci fi uk channel right now.

Very intriguing. This by itself already makes it a better movie than the recent Hulk movie.

Which isn't very hard to do actually.

If the previews look good I'll give it a shot. I need the last Hulk movie wiped completely from my brain.

2003 Hulk was fine...as long as you can get passed that wretched final battle and the side story about how his father was pumping him up with gamma when he was a child.

So this is a sequel?

Not exactly, i think Marvel are pretending that "Hulk" didnt happen and there just starting from scratch. Hence why this one is called "The Incredible Hulk"

So this is a sequel?

Not exactly, i think Marvel are pretending that "Hulk" didnt happen and there just starting from scratch. Hence why this one is called "The Incredible Hulk"

Which is just going to confuse the crap out of the audience.

So this is a sequel?

I believe it's a continuation of the first in that Banner is currently on the run from Gen. Ross (with Abomination being the main villain), but it's more or less closer to the spirit of the comics, at least according to Avi Arad, so it's a reimagining in that sense. They probably won't go into too much detail regarding the first movie anyway.

I wouldn't have minded the first were it not for the stupid shit with Bruce's father, mutated dogs, etc. As much as I love Ed Norton and believe his addition alone will improve the franchise, I'd like to see what Bana could do with this and I think he got a raw deal out of the whole thing.

Leterrier said that The Incredible Hulk will be Marvel's horror movie, describing it as "Frankenstein meets Jekyll and Hyde with a little bit of Edward Scissorhands.

That doesn't give me much hope, however.

I don't know if the people at the movie studio know what the fans want. The casual fan does not want a love story nor do they want a horror movie all they want to see is "HULK SMASH" Marvel should of gotten Jerry Bruckhemer to direct this movie cause all the fans want to see is non stop action and big explosions.

So this is a sequel?

Which is just going to confuse the crap out of the audience.

to late.

I expect this one to be Hulk SMASH instead of a story like the first one. I have to admit, Gamma Dawgs was stupid, and so was the final fight, but I liked the first movie. And it was beautifully directed.

I exepect this one to be Hulk SMASH instead of a story like the first one. I have to admit, Gamma Dawgs was stupid, and so was the final fight, but I liked the first movie. And it was beautifully directed.

totally agree with you.

Well, sucks to hear Bana isn't coming back, but Norton is a great replacement. I guess I'm one of the few people who actually liked The Hulk, of course I agree that the mutated dogs was incredibly lame and I HATED the change of

Bruce Banner's father becoming The Absorbing Man

Bob, it was a 2003 movie. If people haven't seen the movie yet, they probably aren't seeing it now.

And if it makes you feel any better, I think it was more of an amalgamation of Absorbing Man and Zzzaxx. I don't think it will though.

So this is a sequel?

They'll probably treat it like how the Star Trek movies were. It's a sequel, but feels more like a reboot since the first one is pretty much forgettable.

Yeah i think its more of a restart to the franchise. Hence why it's called "the incredible hulk" rather that "hulk 2".