TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

Batman is more interesting when he's matching wits, not going toe to toe with hulking powerhouses.

Isn't Bane really smart though as well? Like he's freakin' huge and massive, but he's more than a meat-head. If anything they could go the arms dealer route with Penguin and have Bane as a new guy cutting into Pen's profits causing a turf war that Batman has to sort out.

Zsasz escaped from Arkham and wasn't seen since. So it's a distinct possibility that he's still out there. That would be a good contender.

Was he really? When?

In the first movie he's tried near the beginning and Crane gets him admitted to Arkham. And then later, he's the escaped prisonner that threatens Rachael and the little kid. Yuo can even see his trademark scars in a couple shots.

I could see Bane working in the next film if Nolan focuses more on Bane’s obsession with destroying Batman rather than the whole venom/steroid side of his character. Make him a deranged stalker of Batman that learns every single one of his weaknesses so that he can slowly chip away at Batman, soften him up so he can eventually destroy him.

Azrael, could perhaps be worked in as well, if they decide to continue with the whole 'Batman imitators' thing they started in TDK.

I think what Nolan's trying to tell you from having the fake Batmen in TDK, is that Batman has inspired people, but mostly a new breed of criminal. Enter the Joker. The Riddler and Catwoman fit well into this theme, which is why I think they should be in the next movie. I think this theme was in the Long Halloween as well. Its the price Batman has to pay for fighting crime, because he inspires a new breed of criminal (his rogue gallery).

Some of the "wearing Batman down" stuff from Knightfall could be attributed to Batman being wanted by the police now.

And if they have Talia in the movie, they should get Alison Doody to play her.

Just back from the theater.

Perfect. Absolutely brilliantly perfect.

I didn't believe it could live up to the hype but it supassed it. The Dark Knight brought a level of depth, complexity and intensity never seen in the superhero genre. When you see Ledger in the bank for the first time he immediately has you captured and every momenet after that is his descending into the madness that is the Joker. When these films work is when they take the essence of the characters and don't tamper with it and here Nolan did that seemlessly. Joker is insanity personified, Batman is the fanatic who has to come grips that he is fighting a war he will never win and the most tragic is Dent who becomes what he hated the most.

I mentioned the dual experience for a comic fan watching a comic based movie but here that wasn't present at all. I didn't know where each character would go and after I see glimpses of everything from Englehart, Miller, Kane and Finger I knew the movie was an all-time classic.

While it is selfish to focus on myself while Ledger's loved ones lost someone dear to them; I really wish I would've had the chance to see what he would've done next.

P.S. The Watchmen trailer on the big screen is incredible!

I seriously wonder if I'm ever gonna be able to see this.......all showings today at the local two screens were completely sold out from start to finish. Tried all day to no avail. Damn.

I'd probably be able to see it by now if I 1) bought a ticket in advance online or 2) would stop the habit of walking into the movie 5-10 minutes after the commercials start, in time to see the trailers and the movie but not the other BS, as by that time the theater sells out or 3) really don't like or want to be packed in the theater like a tincase of sardines, but it is what it is. Apparently single seats are available only for tomorrow too. Shit.

I've had a hard time getting into an IMAX showing, but I finally just went ahead and bought tickets for Sunday. That's advanced enough.

http://creativescreenwritingmagazine.blogspot.com/

terrific podcast interview with Jonathan Nolan where he explains many of the creative choices made in the film. Spoilers obviously. I found his take on Joker's origin particularly interesting.

RE: Bale. It might have been drugs. In which case he's probably going to be something like the 438th actor this year to go to rehab for substance related issues.

http://www.tmz.com/2008/07/22/bale-busted-...-mum-battering/

Bale's been arrested for assaulting his mother and sister.

Maybe he's trying to top the hype Ledger is getting for dying. Give it up Bale, nothing tops the serial pillist.

"If everyone really knew what a jerk I am in real life, I wouldn't be so adored in the slightest."

But he's a jerk, he's gotta try.

It's not who you are, it's what you do that defines you.

What might have happened, according to http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/07/22/ch...ments/#comments:

His mom and sister are alcoholics and drug addicts, they showed up at his hotel uninvited and highly intoxicated. they were calling him big shot and that he needs to take care of his own. His mom was yelling that he would be nothing without her and he owed her. His sister was begging for money and when he was pushing her toward the door his mother came from behind and started hitting him on his head and kicking him. He managed to push them both out the door and his mom fell, they called the police and wanted him arrested. I believe that Chirstian is the victim here not his mom or sister

My father works security at the hotel, and he said it was a mess. His mom and sister wanted the front desk worker to let them into his room to wait for him. When they were told no they started cussing and yelling. they sat in front of his door for an hour until he finally arrived.

I love how the story has developed to "Christian Bale was questioned (not arrested) and released (without any charges) over an ALLEGATION of VERBAL assault against his alcoholic and drugged out mother and sister."

And then if you check/listen to any major news source you get:

"ZOMG BATMAN IN JAIL FOR BEATING MOM!!!"

I'm sure I'm the only one who thinks so, but

timberlake_mad_hatter.jpg

That's, just plain awesome.

And two others I really like from the thread. Helena Boham Carter actually would be a good Harley IMO, considering how well she plays, well crazy.

scarface.png helenaquinnna4.png

Isn't that guy thats the Ventriloquist, from the Hellboy movies? I think the best choice for Harley Quinn is obviously Britney Murphy. She has the same exact voice!!!