TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

RVD released early?

source: pwtorch

Wade Keller is reporting that RVD is officially done with WWE as of yesterday. WWE felt that keeping RVD around and burying him on TV was not worth it and it was better to get him off TV as soon as possible.

His contract wasn't going to expire until until late June at the earliest but WWE cut that short considering RVD said he would not resign and they had nothing for him until then.

He is expected to sign with TNA after a long deserved summer break, although he may end up back with WWE as the two are still on good terms. Never say never.

I think this deserve its own thread

Yea I'd say so. Well they did get in one last bury job, having Snitsky lay him out. but RVD did get the win.

What a difference a year makes, last year at this time they were pushing him to the top, now he quietly leaves the company. He never recovered from the "drug bust of doom", but damned if he isnt still over despite what WWE has tried to do to him.

hell he never really recovered from the burial by HHH or even late 2001 during the invasion when the fans were basically asking for him to win the WWF title and feud with Austin

funny how I just saw him at a househow just this past sunday night, getting beat by Corvon

I've been waiting a looooooooooooong time for this. RVD will have some fun feuds with AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels so long as the booking staff allows them to just go with what they want and not turn every meeting into some horrid gimmik match.

Probably the best thing for both sides. No need to screw up their relationship by jobbing him out for the next month and a half. RVD is one guy I could see having some impact in TNA if and when he goes there.

RVD and Sabu can feud with VKM in the fall.

Forget that, RVD/Sabu vs LAX would rock the house!

RVD and Sabu can feud with VKM in the fall.

Forget that, RVD/Sabu vs LAX would rock the house!

My comment was designed to make fun of TNA's worst feud of 2007 (VKM vs WWE reject tag team), not a serious booking idea.

Well, until this is confirmed I'm guessing this is just wildfire on the back of Sabu's release from WWE. Considering WWE.com have been jumping the gun with releases this year, seems odd they haven't had anything up on their site yet.

Personally, RVD/Sabu in TNA would piss me off at this moment in time - where's the space for them? Who would they replace? It would just make TNA even more of a watered down 'WWE Brand'. Hopefully RVD takes some indie bookings and stays away from TNA.

I'll wait until it's confirmed on WWE.com.

Just kill the promotion already. We get it Vince, you didn't like the "ECW" chants during wwe programming. How many non-jobber wrestlers do they have rostered anymore? Four or Five?

Yea it's Vince's fault they offered RVD a very good contract and he declined it............It's also Vince's fault that when they pushed RVD that RVD totally fucked it up.......

Let's just blame Vince though makes it easier.

When Orton's fucked up more times (and in more costly ways) than RVD and is still allowed to hover around the main event, then yes, we can blame Vince.

When Orton's fucked up more times (and in more costly ways) than RVD and is still allowed to hover around the main event, then yes, we can blame Vince.

They're such dicks that they offered RVD a raise in his new contract...........

Orton may do stupid shit but, he hasn't been arrested, especially while he was champion. RVD brought alot of the stuff on himself but in the end he's the one who declined a very good contract offer, it's on him.

Just kill the promotion already. We get it Vince, you didn't like the "ECW" chants during wwe programming. How many non-jobber wrestlers do they have rostered anymore? Four or Five?

ECW is not a "promotion", its a brand of WWE, and just because Sabu is gone and RVD might be gone at this point, doesn't mean the show should end or have to be re-named. For some reason, whenever something goes wrong with the ECW show or a wrestler whose on the ECW show, your first answer is "KILL THE SHOW!!!" It's a good thing your not a promoter or a booker, because your promotion would have already died once you got into a panic about something.

The ECW show will still go on with or without Sabu and Rob Van Dam, espically since Sabu and RVD hasn't been the main focus points of the show since Wrestlemania. The show has been going strong and will continue to go strong since everyone who is on that show works their asses off to make sure it works.

Why would WWE get rid of him early? Why wouldn't they just job him out until his contract expired? Never known them to let someone go early like that have we?

RVD's been my favorite since Austin left in 2001. I'll give TNA another chance after avoiding it so long, but I do fear for what will be coming.

Why would WWE get rid of him early? Why wouldn't they just job him out until his contract expired? Never known them to let someone go early like that have we?

You run the risk that jobbing him could make him a more over sympathetic character........I also think there's some thought of this ending on good terms on both sides because Rob may get out there and change his mind and decide he wants to come back.

Everybody masturbating in front of their computer screens thinking about RVD having classic matches with the TNA roster should put their penis away for a few months. Who is to say that RVD will not take the summer off and then start a bidding war between TNA and WWE before eventually resigning with Vince?

I don't want him to go to TNA, or really go to back WWE or even ROH. I'd really like to see him in Japan again. Think of all the possiblities on offer; KENTA, Marafuji, Kawada, CIMA... the list goes on and on.

Kurt Angle still hates RVD... right? Man, it's going to be great when TNA blows through all the cool matchups for him in the first few months... on tv... with the matches lasting only about 6 minutes.

If Rob doesn't go back to the WWE... I can see him tooling around in the indies, TNA, and Japan for a few years. After that, he'd probably just open up a wrestling school.

As much as everyone is blaming Vince for it, its mainly RVD's fault.

And as much as everyone thinks RVD will be fucked around in TNA. It would be great for the comapny, the need something like the angle signing last year to bring in some intrest. Its been pretty dead pan since then.

As far as the drug bust is concerned: What happened to RVD could have happened to anyone. I bet if you stopped any wwe wrestler and searched their car, there's a good chance you'd find something illegal.

I can honestly see TNA screwing up RVD like they screwed up with Raven.....twice.