TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nate

UFC 75

A couple of notes:

The Bisping decision was indeed ridiculous.

i don't know if the title fight has begun on the East Coast yet, but if not, you are in for a treat. It is a good fight IMO.

Yeah.

Rampage was very, very impressive tonight. I'd have it 49-46 Rampage.

His punches are so explosive. Every single one looks like it could send a head into the first row if it connects right. And he completely controlled Hendo on the ground.

Aside from the Bisping decision and Mirko not showing up (they should probably keep him off Spike telecasts from now on), a great night of fighting. Rampage should hit every talk show imaginable since he could be a great ambassador for the sport.

Everyone is going to put the focus on Cro Cop losing that fight, and ignore that Cheik Kongo is a bad ass fighter who completely dominated him out there. Seriously, I've been impressed by the strength and raw ability of Kongo since his first UFC fight, and all I ever see online is people badmouthing him for his lack of technique. Fuck that, that dude can throw down, he's a great striker, and I've yet to see anyone handle him wrestling wise, pure skill or not. Some of his fights have been 'ugly', but people always said Tim Sylvia's fights were ugly. Aesthetics do not always make a successful fighter.

The Hamill/Bisping ruling was brutal. Just embarrassing.

I'll use spoiler tags since I am not sure what exactly has aired where.....

Am I the only one that didn't feel like Rampage dominated as much as Rogan and Goldberg were claiming? I mean to me the most dominant round from either fighter was the first round, which Henderson dominated.

I do agree with the decision as after, round 1 Henderson never did enough to "take the belt" but I absolute hate the idea that just because a fighter is on the bottom, it means they are in a bad position. Sure, for most guys it spells doom, but I felt Henderson was making the best of it the most of the time, by constantly trying to work submissions and just not allowing Jackson to really do much. This isn't to say Jackson didn't get some good shots in while on top in the later rounds, but from what I remember, once the fighters hit the ground, it was either Henderson trying to work a submission, or two guys just kind of tired and jocking for position, yet if you listen to Rogan and Goldber, it was "Quintin Jackson dominating the position" and they kept going on how he was so amazing on the ground.....I just simply disagreed with that assesment.

Great Show!!!

Everyone is going to put the focus on Cro Cop losing that fight, and ignore that Cheik Kongo is a bad ass fighter who completely dominated him out there. Seriously, I've been impressed by the strength and raw ability of Kongo since his first UFC fight, and all I ever see online is people badmouthing him for his lack of technique. Fuck that, that dude can throw down, he's a great striker, and I've yet to see anyone handle him wrestling wise, pure skill or not. Some of his fights have been 'ugly', but people always said Tim Sylvia's fights were ugly. Aesthetics do not always make a successful fighter.

The Hamill/Bisping ruling was brutal. Just embarrassing.

Kongo still has a lot to prove to me, especially after that abomination he had in his last fight. His striking has always looked good, but it would be interesting to see him matched up against a Nogueira or a Barnett, somebody competent enough on the feet and able to test him on the ground.

As for Cro Cop, who knows. Usually he comes back from bad losses stronger than ever (Nog, Randleman, Fedor) but he just looked totally unmotivated in this fight. I don't know if it was Kongo's size or not, but Mirko was just sleepwalking through this fight.

The Rampage/Henderson fight went pretty much as I expected, with Quinton using his strength/ground control and standup to grind his way to the decision. Quinton did a good job of adapting his game plan as the fight progressed, slowly turning it his way. I wish we would have seen more striking, what we did see was exciting.

I'll use spoiler tags since I am not sure what exactly has aired where.....

Am I the only one that didn't feel like Rampage dominated as much as Rogan and Goldberg were claiming? I mean to me the most dominant round from either fighter was the first round, which Henderson dominated.

I do agree with the decision as after, round 1 Henderson never did enough to "take the belt" but I absolute hate the idea that just because a fighter is on the bottom, it means they are in a bad position. Sure, for most guys it spells doom, but I felt Henderson was making the best of it the most of the time, by constantly trying to work submissions and just not allowing Jackson to really do much. This isn't to say Jackson didn't get some good shots in while on top in the later rounds, but from what I remember, once the fighters hit the ground, it was either Henderson trying to work a submission, or two guys just kind of tired and jocking for position, yet if you listen to Rogan and Goldber, it was "Quintin Jackson dominating the position" and they kept going on how he was so amazing on the ground.....I just simply disagreed with that assesment.

Great Show!!!

This was probably based on the fact that Dan is usually very hard to contain on the ground, but Quinton did a good job of keeping him from escaping from his mounts, while Dan had a tougher time holding Quinton down.

Rampage should hit every talk show imaginable since he could be a great ambassador for the sport.

Agreed... he's one of their most marketable stars and has great charisma. I must admit I was slowly becoming a fan of his during the hype for the match with Chuck back in May... and then I RAPIDLY became one after he dropped Chuck like a bad habit.

Davis and Alexander were BEASTS out there.

It really broke my heart to see Cro Cop bullied once again. I really can't help but pull for the guy. I hope if he wants to continue fighting that he does, and he comes back with a different gameplan. He seems like he has no tricks left up his sleeve and the guys he fights are VERY prepared for what he's going in there to do. Hopefully DW is game on letting him keep competing and he retools things and makes a comeback.

Can't take anything from Kongo, he looked fabulous and much better than last fight.

Hamill was robbed. Bisping looked like a moron with his post-fight comments, and if this were in the U.S., the decision would have been different. Hamill got a bad rap from most of the TUF3 cast, but he was all class afterwords and you have to love his "he won the fight fair and square" comment. I consider myself a big fan of Bisping, but he really fell off with me throughout the fight and especially afterwards.

Didn't want to see Hendo or Rampage lose, so it was nice they went the full 25. Henderson looked impressive, but wasn't taking many risks. Great back and forth war. The better man won tonight, but Dan looked good in his re-debut and I'm sure he's not far off the top of the ladder as far as contenders go. It'll be interesting to see what both fighters do from here.

Fun show, but a couple of huge disappointments in the middle.

Wow.... im surprised to see that a lot of folks think Hamill was robbed. i thought Hamill dominated the 1st round (you could make a case for 10-8), but the last two rounds I thought Bisping controlled the fight. It's a shame because I was rooting for Hamill, and Bisping was such a prick after the fight.

I think Rampage is the best thing for MMA right now. Get his ass on the talk show circuit ASAP. Hopefully the rumored dec fight of Chuck v. Wandy goes down with the winner getting 'Page. Then it will either be 'Page going for redemption against Wand or Chuck trying to get his title back. Then who ever is standing when the smoke clears gets Shogun.

Bisping's post fight comments were so fucking lame. "He should go back to wrestling" Seriously what the fuck is wrong with this douchebag? I hope they give him Wanderlei at 205 or Anderson at 185. He's on my "fighters that are fucking pricks" list.

Main event was good if not a little slow at points. I guess Decision Dan doesn't get his way with the 10 point must system.

Fuck, I went from totally being into Bisping to hating him after the bullshit tonight.

Cro Cop proves that PRIDE protection can make anyone look great. I've never been so disappointed in a guy.

Kongo impressed me a bit more tonight, but I'd like to see him against a more well rounded fighter.

Bisping was one of my faves after TUF3.

It's not his personality that's souring me on him, but the fact that he NEVER looks impressive.

I think he'd be an instant title contender at 185, though.

Oh, and did anybody notice Joe Rogan practically pencil in a Fedor vs. Randy match during the main event when Goldberg was spouting off about dream matchups.

And about 30 seconds later, it was either Rogan or Goldberg that said..."Oh, and let's not forget Brock Lesnar."

Matt got jobbed. I had Bisping getting one round, not two, and sure as hell not two on two judges cards. He got a hometown advantage. The second round was close, but Matt got robbed plain and simple.

Good card overall, glad the UFC gave us that one. Hope they pull a good rating

- Good gravy Houston Alexander is one of the scarier dudes they have in any division. Just brutal. This was a step down for him after the Jardine fight but I think now they'll have to match him up with some of the upper-level 205'ers.

- Damn, for one round David/Taylor was some good shit. I thought Marcus was done after the high kick landed but he hung on didn't lose focus of what his game plan was (which was to submit Taylor).

- I don't hate Kongo or anything but Mirko just looked sad as fuck out there. Doing next to nothing during the third when it was obvious that he lost the second round, he let Kongo steal the fight plain and simple.

- Holy bullshit decision. I mean, I knew that Bisping was a bit of a cock in the past but he took it to an unneeded level tonight. He got straight-up tooled by Hamill and now he's not only going to have to deal with the fact that not only everybody knowing it but that he looked like a complete and utter prick in victory. I wonder how long it's going to take him to realize that he got badly exposed by a newcomer in front of his home crowd? Knowing the attitude he carries around, the sad answer is that he probably never will.

- Alright, the main event wasn't a bad fight by any means. It was good but there was something lacking. Maybe it was because both dudes know each other so well and had tons of respect for the other guy, maybe it was that so much was riding on the fight but neither guy seemed to want to do what was required to make a big impact. That was one of the more conservative Rampage fights I've seen and Henderson just died out in the later rounds. Still, a huge win for Quinton but the fact that they're marketing him as the best 205'er in the world is pretty laughable to me when there are two Brazilians waiting in the wings who've laid 3 of the biggest ass-whoppings in MMA history on him.

Yeah, Bisping was in uber dick mode for someone that took a beating and got a hometown call.

Looking very forward to the new season of TUF. Serra is a way better shit talker than Hughes. Should make for good tv.

Yeah, that preview had me going "OH SHIT" quite a few times, particularly when the one dude did a quick-as-fuck double leg shoot on the other guy in the bedroom and started brawling.

Hughes spittin' truth on Serra is awesome. "He knows he got lucky."

Yeah, and Matt Hughes knows he got lucky that he got in line for the title shot against Serra instead of GSP.

Hughes and Serra being dicks to each other looks good, and the kids in the house already look crazier then any other season

Props to the UFC for not giving Cro Cop as easy pass for a win and get him back into the title picture. But damn, I don't think anyone saw him dropping two straight like this

I actually really liked the main event. It was very strategic and was a war of attrition with flurries thrown in between to spice things up a little. Time will be kind to it. I thought Dan might have won and was surprised two judges only gave him one round but there was no BS decision here, just a close hard fought battle. Rampage ignoring Dan's handshake was awesome.

Carlito; I don't think anyone should be surprised. When someone pushes Mirko he folds. It's why he's NEVER won a championship anywhere. I think what makes everything worse is that Kongo actually took him down. If he just lost the fight on the feet it wouldn't have been so bad, but he was getting taken down by a guy many were calling one of the worst grapplers in the HW division.

I'll be interested to see the kind of heat (if any) Dana and Co. will get for the Bisping decision, seeing as because England doesn't have an Athletic Commission like in the states the UFC picked, paid for and flew over their own judges.