TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

I wonder who's going to boycott the funeral. I also wonder if Vince is swaying people from going

Just an assumption, but I doubt many would attend the funeral. Perhaps Chavo, Dean and a few others.

I'd add Ron Simmons to that list.

If only, to say his catchphrase and cash another check

Denial... it ain't a river in Egypt.

So you really think that Beniot when he met Nancy was all "I am gonna choke that bitch to death....no...wait....I am going to wait for her to have my child first....THEN choke that bitch to death....AND the kid."

I don't think saying this was outside the realm of normal behavior for him is denial. Or else they need to check the yard.

Idea? the kid was mentally retarded. There is no theory on that one.

As for the crossface thing, the kid was tiny. Fucking dwarfish. He was too small for him to do that. Rear naked choke is most probably what was used, with the lack of bruising on the kid.

You know, i watched the tribute show last night, as I didn't get a chance to see it on Monday, and honestly, not one bit of it hit me as disturbing. you saw some matches with the guy, you saw the people that spent almost every waking moment with him for the past few years being completely honest about what he meant to their lives. Do I believe that he loved his family? Yeah, I do. I think he probably was a good father (don't know about husband). But the fucker went psycho and killed them all.

I know you guys are saying we don't know him and all that shit, but the kind of asshole that always had this type of violence in them doesn't start off by killing his wife and a 7 year old. You have guys that knew him that said they never knew him to lose his temper, let alone do this and I don't think they are just feeding bullshit. The guy they knew wasn't the same guy who choked his wife with a cable cord and suffocated his son.

thanks for posting the best post in this whole thing. I think as we become more removed from the sudden nature of this incident more people will come to realize that while YES, what he did we cannot forgive, it's highly doubtful that it was the same man we grew up with on our televisions, posters and minds.

I wonder who's going to boycott the funeral. I also wonder if Vince is swaying people from going

Just an assumption, but I doubt many would attend the funeral. Perhaps Chavo, Dean and a few others.

I'd add Ron Simmons to that list.

If only, to say his catchphrase and cash another check

If only they'd have interviewed him for the tribute show.

Oh, and why is it "fuck debra" for talking about her situation in relation to this one? because Austin didn't manage to beat her to death, just managed to beat her?

yes.

I do think people are in denial when they say they don't think there is anyway Benoit could do this. Nobody here knows him or anything about his state of mind. Blaming it on Eddie's death or steroids seems really short-sighted. These were two brutal murders. It's obvious that he wasn't emotionally stable anymore, but to not be able to allow yourself to believe that he could be a cold-blooded killer because he was a good wrestler is ludicrous.

Denial... it ain't a river in Egypt.

How is it "denial" to not assume he was a brutal psychopath his entire life? Especially when based on the testimonials of his closest friends and family? No one is denying that he degenerated into a sick and depraved individual during the latter years of his life.

Idea? the kid was mentally retarded. There is no theory on that one.

As for the crossface thing, the kid was tiny. Fucking dwarfish. He was too small for him to do that. Rear naked choke is most probably what was used, with the lack of bruising on the kid.

You know, i watched the tribute show last night, as I didn't get a chance to see it on Monday, and honestly, not one bit of it hit me as disturbing. you saw some matches with the guy, you saw the people that spent almost every waking moment with him for the past few years being completely honest about what he meant to their lives. Do I believe that he loved his family? Yeah, I do. I think he probably was a good father (don't know about husband). But the fucker went psycho and killed them all.

I know you guys are saying we don't know him and all that shit, but the kind of asshole that always had this type of violence in them doesn't start off by killing his wife and a 7 year old. You have guys that knew him that said they never knew him to lose his temper, let alone do this and I don't think they are just feeding bullshit. The guy they knew wasn't the same guy who choked his wife with a cable cord and suffocated his son.

thanks for posting the best post in this whole thing. I think as we become more removed from the sudden nature of this incident more people will come to realize that while YES, what he did we cannot forgive, it's highly doubtful that it was the same man we grew up with on our televisions, posters and minds.

The thing is, though, he was. Maybe the guy changed from when he was in Japan or ECW, but this is the same guy we were watching a week ago against Burke, not knowing he was capable of this.

I do think people are in denial when they say they don't think there is anyway Benoit could do this. Nobody here knows him or anything about his state of mind. Blaming it on Eddie's death or steroids seems really short-sighted. These were two brutal murders. It's obvious that he wasn't emotionally stable anymore, but to not be able to allow yourself to believe that he could be a cold-blooded killer because he was a good wrestler is ludicrous.

No one's saying that, because, obviously there was a way he could do it.. because he did it. They're saying it's hard to believe it's the same person they knew, grew up with, etc.. and that is hardly denial. It's like having a difficult time wrapping your mind around something you know is true.. you're trying to figure out why and how it could happen. Denial is flat out not believing that he did this.

A lot of people in this thread seem to have a problem with understanding the context of words and sentence structure lately.

This is turning something like William Golding's moral in Lord of the Flies!

Are all of manking inherently evil, somewhere under the surface does there have to be that evil, mad seed that when feed in the right way shoots to the surface?

Possibly.

WSB-13 out of Atlanta is now reporting that an empty wine bottle was found at the feet of Benoit's body.

His wife filed for divorce in 2003 and got an order of protection stating she feared he would hurt her or the child. That's two years before Eddie died. The guy was more than likely fucked up for a while. I remember his mom saying he would sit in his room for hours by himself. Everyone saying he kept to himself. Making guys do thousands of squats because they didn't "respect" him. Seemed like a nut for a while imo.

His wife filed for divorce in 2003 and got an order of protection stating she feared he would hurt her or the child. That's two years before Eddie died. The guy was more than likely fucked up for a while. I remember his mom saying he would sit in his room for hours by himself. Everyone saying he kept to himself. Making guys do thousands of squats because they didn't "respect" him. Seemed like a nut for a while imo.

Exactly. Just because we saw him on tv every week doesn't mean we know anything about his personal life or his demons.

All of this shit sounds like an episode of CSI or Law & Order.

Oh, they'll rip this off for an episode or two fairly soon.

Believe it.

Making guys do thousands of squats because they didn't "respect" him. Seemed like a nut for a while imo.

Not arguing with the rest or saying he was normal, but the "respect" stuff was normal when it comes to pro wrestling. Perry Saturn beat the shit out of a jobber for screwing up a spot, etc etc.

no, the squats thing sounds like something any of the veterans might have done, like Undertaker or a Vader or a JBL. Doesn't sound to me like a nut. In fact those guys are famous for stiffing the shit out of rookies for messing up.

And yes, domestic abuse is a problem, but losing your temper and smacking your wife is NOT the same thing as planning, PLANNING a cold-blooded murder. There is a GIANT leap in reasoning here. Steve Austin hit Debra, he's a wife-beater, and that sucks--but he's not a murderer suddenly.

But the problem is that, frankly, there is very little that shows he was a cold-blooded killer all his life. From reports heard, it seems like that he was having problems before Eddy's death, and after Eddy died he lost that friend that he could confide and balance him. Combined with obvious troubles of raising a mentally challenged child, along with a marriage that wasn't going right, and the effects of current and/or past steroid use, and it seems like he had all these problems and no way of venting things.

At least, that's a much more logical explanation than "He was just a dirty fucking child killer all along, and just hid it from everyone, including his other two kids and his previous wife", and DOES seem to be supported by what evidence we have currently. If anything, the more short-sighted answer is just condemning him outright without seeing the cause behind it. He was a very disturbed and troubled man, and most things seem to point at this.

Didn't he pull that on Daivari?

A lot of you guys are conveniently forgetting the part where JBL said Benoit did the squats with him both times. And JBL explained that the wrestler in question (Daivari) disrespected Shawn Michaels in some way.

Benoit clearly had violence and control issues for a while, going back to at least 2003. While it's possible that Guerrero's death sent him off the deep end, there's also his past record to go along with his rampant, long-term steroid abuse, so it's not just a matter of a "normal" guy becoming distraught over a close friend's death. All of these things (natural personality + heavy steroid abuse + stresses) stacked upon one and other likely contributed to the tragedy. Benoit was clearly a flawed man who had some serious issues that were in large part brought on by himself.

I think they're going to have a tough time selling that house.

It's worth close to a million right? You couldn't sell it for half that now.

Hell, as someone who doesn't believe in ghosts, I'd buy it ; it'd be a steal I'm sure. Course I've been living in an apartment for ten years.

Edge, I bet.

I think they're going to have a tough time selling that house.

It's worth close to a million right? You couldn't sell it for half that now.

Hell, as someone who doesn't believe in ghosts, I'd buy it ; it'd be a steal I'm sure. Course I've been living in an apartment for ten years.

It won't be hard to sell. People live in the house where the Amityville murders took place.

A lot of you guys are conveniently forgetting the part where JBL said Benoit did the squats with him both times. And JBL explained that the wrestler in question (Daivari) disrespected Shawn Michaels in some way.

But according to the story we heard at the time, Benoit already did the squats everyday as part of his workout. He was acclimated to the workout. Daivari was so destroyed physically that he was pissing out the liquified remains of his leg muscles. I don't care what he did to Michaels, that's sort of sadistic.

Look, at this point, we have no idea why Benoit did this or what his state of mind was. The natural reaction is to try and explain the causes and delve into his psyche. I've been quilty of it in this thread. But frankly, we cannot just pin these murders on the death of Eddie and his abuse of steroids. Many people lose loved ones everday. Tons of people use steroids. Very few go on a murderous rampage where they choke out their wife with a cable chord and then use pro wrestling chokeholds to strangle their retarded son. There has to be some fault assigned to the perpetrator.

the stories of the son being special needs, or physically/mentally disabled, is the most crucial bit of information that has leaked. working with tons of special needs students, i see the pain & distress parents go through watching their child struggle. by no means is this a justification of benoit's actions, but that would certainly explain being distant with people. not talking about his personal life. having a child like that leaves a permanent scar on a parent's soul. perhaps he & nancy had it out. and he simply did not want his special needs child to have two dead parents compounded on top of his own struggles. i don't see benoit as cold blooded. i can say that. i see him as a guy with a temper (caused by 'roids or not). it got the best of him. and after one person has died, the train just falls off the tracks. desperation will do that to a man.

Everytime I post in or read this thread I feel sick to my stomach thinking about the whole thing.

So yeah, last time visiting here or talking about the Benoit tragedy. I just want to say that for the time being I don't think I'll be able to watch another Benoit match, it's a shame that my ex-favorite guy to watch's life, family, and career is destroyed, and I'm sad for Nancy and Daniel.

I hope that if there is an afterlife, Benoit burns for all enternity. And is forced to watch the ending of WM XX with him rising to the top of the sports entertainment world a million times in his head. So he can see the greatness he had, and the love of his family, and realize how much of a fuckhead he was for throwing it all away.

R.I.P. Nancy and Daniel.

Look, at this point, we have no idea why Benoit did this or what his state of mind was. The natural reaction is to try and explain the causes and delve into his psyche. I've been quilty of it in this thread. But frankly, we cannot just pin these murders on the death of Eddie and his abuse of steroids. Many people lose loved ones everday. Tons of people use steroids. Very few go on a murderous rampage where they choke out their wife with a cable chord and then use pro wrestling chokeholds to strangle their retarded son. There has to be some fault assigned to the perpetrator.

Fault is assigned to Benoit. No one is disputing that he is at fault.

There is a difference between speculating whether or not someone is innocent or guilty of a crime before all of the facts come in (as was done early in this thread) and speculating what made a guilty man snap and kill his family. Everyone has a breaking point and people are just trying to figure out what Benoit's was. No one is going to stop doing that just because you seem to think that by doing so they're somehow justifying the murders in some way.