TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion for July 2007

Guest Shylock

Wasn't there a report some time earlier this year sometime after Rey was originally slated to return that not only were there problems with him returning due to the horrendous shape of his knees, but there were some heart-related problems that were a concern to him as well?

So whatever to the talk of the WWE going around the globe? With WWE Mexico, Italy, Japan, etc........

I guess it's not going to suceed now with all the negative publicity WWE is receiving?

Wasn't there a report some time earlier this year sometime after Rey was originally slated to return that not only were there problems with him returning due to the horrendous shape of his knees, but there were some heart-related problems that were a concern to him as well?

His knees are so bad he's been told a number of times by his doctor to retire. I believe he's also been told that he's going to need replacement knee surgery at some point down the road. As for his heart, on a previous edition of Figure Four Daily, Sims said that there was some informal talk that Rey's heart was in 'terrible shape'.

So whatever to the talk of the WWE going around the globe? With WWE Mexico, Italy, Japan, etc........

I guess it's not going to suceed now with all the negative publicity WWE is receiving?

It wasn't going to suceed once they failed to met expectations on their last tour of Italy. It was more or less shelved after that.

What are peoples views on Johnny Nitro?

I think Johnny Nitro is mic skills away from being a mega star. Too bad Paul Heyman is not around any more to work with him. There are dollars to be made with Nitro.

I think Johnny Nitro is mic skills away from being a mega star. Too bad Paul Heyman is not around any more to work with him. There are dollars to be made with Nitro.

Nitro also needs a better gimmick. This "Hollywood A-lister" crap just smacks of midcardiness.

Nitro also needs a better gimmick. This "Hollywood A-lister" crap just smacks of midcardiness.

Yeah, he should just be a cocky asshole. I can't believe they still bother with that paperazzi crap.

Amen to that. He's a decent worker and many have said he deserves a push but man his gimmick simply sucks and is about as boring as it can get.

Apparently USA is pushing for Raw to be 3 hours full time this fall.......

- The USA Network is wanting to expand Raw to three hours this fall, as previously reported. USA has also suggested using Steve Austin and Undertaker as regulars on the show, even if they can't wrestle.

terrible idea

the show sucks at 2 hours. wrestlers get buried, they don't get over on RAW like they do smackdown.

i'm scared that another hour will just mean more cena and lashley

Amen to that. He's a decent worker and many have said he deserves a push but man his gimmick simply sucks and is about as boring as it can get.

The gimmick was fine, especially in light of how much attention/play in the mainstream media "stars" like Paris Hilton/Lohan/Spears get. Ahving a "cocky" wrestler has always been gold for a heel. The gimmick fizzled when A) he was depushed (sec. to Melina's backstage issues?) B) His was separated from his posse (Mercury b/c drugs and Melina). Obviously he needs improvment on the mike, but I enjoy his offense which is often unique, at least in the WWE. Heavyweight champ may be a little too much too fast, but he was really good as IC champ until he was made a whipping boy for a returning bloated Jeff Hardy.

Guest Diablo_Dor

The gimmick was fine, especially in light of how much attention/play in the mainstream media "stars" like Paris Hilton/Lohan/Spears get. Ahving a "cocky" wrestler has always been gold for a heel. The gimmick fizzled when A) he was depushed (sec. to Melina's backstage issues?) B) His was separated from his posse (Mercury b/c drugs and Melina). Obviously he needs improvment on the mike, but I enjoy his offense which is often unique, at least in the WWE. Heavyweight champ may be a little too much too fast, but he was really good as IC champ until he was made a whipping boy for a returning bloated Jeff Hardy.

The gimmick is great IF they decide who the A-Lister is, Melina or Nitro.

Listen if they decide that it's both of them then go with that, have Nitro be going down the "Charlize Theron in Monster route" of dirtying himself up to try and get main stream acceptance while Melina is happy to be a "PERSONALITY"

This could, if done right (OK they're F*cked) be a version of the Tommy Dreamer ECW acceptance route, where Nitro is trying to be seen as a "WRESTLER" but they NEED to have them meet at each PPV and discuss what's going on.

On top of that, they need someone to either complain or explain that it's more exposure for the brand or harder to protect from the crazed fans if they're on different shows and even have a full blown Entourage.

Here's an idea can you imagine the shit that would have happened if some how Paris Hilton had stumbled into an Oscar nominated movie?

Take that as a template and ramp it up to 11.

The gimmick was fine in the tag division. Hell, the gimmick was probably the reason they all got called up from OVW in the first place. It doesn't work now if they're trying to push him as a singles worker, it just reminds people of his tag career. Like if Austin had kept the Hollywood Blonde shtick his entire career.

Apparently USA is pushing for Raw to be 3 hours full time this fall.......

- The USA Network is wanting to expand Raw to three hours this fall, as previously reported. USA has also suggested using Steve Austin and Undertaker as regulars on the show, even if they can't wrestle.

Well, it worked for Nitro, right?

EDIT: The show Nitro obviously, not the wrestler.

Edited by King Cucaracha

Did it really work for Nitro? Maybes in the early runs where they used the extra hour on the cruiserweights, but from what I remember most of the extra hour of Nitro was all talking and recaps of what happened last weeks.

The possible problem with 3-hour RAW, if used correctly at all, is the number of feuds they will develop through the month, which will need more time on the PPV thus longer PPVs. Or they could just stick to random matches between midcarders and jobbers.

So with all these things going on with Rey's health, should Vince be perhaps recommending that he call it quits? The last thing he can afford is another dead wrestler. I mean, he did it with Kurt Angle. If Rey wants to kill himself, he can do it on TNA's watch.

I've liked Jeff Hardy's work since he's returned. Bloated Jeff blotches moves/spots alot less. Jeff and Matt deserve bigger singles pushes.

So isn't the summer the time where the WWE usually has mass firings? I know it would be extremely bad or suspicious if they do it now, but wasn't that the trent the last two summer's? 2005 had what? Like 20 different talent released?

January eh? In that case I hope the WWE hires Janetty and Goldust around November for them to be ready to be released again in January. We all need a good laugh and I'm sure WWE has that newslink saved since they've used it quite a few times on the release of Jannetty and Goldust.

Other then the Hall of Fame and the Benoit tribute show, has anyone seen Triple H lately? I'm just wondering if he's going to return jacked up or more natural like he's been in the last few years.

Out of arrogance they probably won't care, but it won't be good for WWE if Triple H 2002 returns.

He had a full beard thing going on for the Benoit show, but it looked like he had lost some weight in his face, chin, and neck. Hard to say for sure, but from that small glimpse I imagined he was very cut again.

Guest lo0p

10 years ago today was the canadian stampede 5 on 5 ppv. i decided to watch it again. .i miss those days .. the intensity of the crowd and wrestlers in the main event was nuts. the entire ppv was great .nothing will beat the summer of 1997 ..especially for canadian wrestling fans.

I think we have already seen the gimmick evolve a bit. When he talks about CM Punk he does not talk about how CM Punk is a loser because he does not party with Paris Hilton. He talks about how he is a loser because his body is not as ripped as Nitro's.

I do not anticipate a long reign for Nitro, but I think having him lose the title at GAB would be a mistake.