TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion for July 2007

Anyone seen the "I'm Michelle McCool......and I'm loving life!" promos on wwe.com? Tremendous.

They show those on Smackdown.......every time I see one I think she's about to try to sell some douche or tampons.

Also, JR's BBQ place in finally open. Here's the menu: I don't know if I want to eat something w/ JRs "Specail Sauce" on it.

Cross Face Chicken Wings

Lightly breaded chicken wings, golden fried and tossed in our special wing sauce.

I like this one the best

Señor J.R.'s Soft Tacos

Your choice of smoked chicken, chopped brisket or pulled pork topped with coleslaw, mixed cheese, roasted jalapenos and caramelized onions stuffed in two flour tortillas.

"USA Network has told WWE that they want Monday Night Raw extended to 3 hours on a weekly basis. USA also told WWE they want Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Undertaker to be featured prominently on Raw, even if they can't wrestle. WWE cited the failure of WCW Monday Nitro going to 3 hours every week, but USA was not budging. WWE is obviously dead against all of this since Austin's knees are in such bad shape, which means, unlike Vince McMahon, he couldn't ocassionally wrestle a match to blow off an angle. Also, Undertaker is likely out until the Royal Rumble. But WWE has a lot less leverage in their current TV deal than they did with TNN/Spike TV, so they may not have a choice."

USA gets all the ad revenue money, that's why they want another hour they could careless if wrestling sucks or not because of it....

"In the midst of the storm caused by the Benoit family tragedy, the news of WWE releasing referee Chris Kay a few weeks ago got lost in the shuffle."

-- PWI

USA is stuck in 1998. There is no other way to explain these bizarre demands. I don't get why they would think Austin means jack shit since as noted above he can't wrestle and frankly hasn't been even slightly entertaining since 2001.

As far as UT goes, WWE doesn't have to worry about that for the time being since he's hurt. I can see why USA might want UT back on Raw, but WWE can't put EVERYONE on Raw. Smackdown is going to need some major draws unless they plan to scrap the brand split.

That said, I don't think 3 hours of Raw is a big deal. If you go to a Raw taping you know that they start at roughly 7:45 so there's Heat stuff or dark matches that they could show during that 8-9 hour. Just televise the matches they are already doing in other words. I usually have to flip channels to kill time during that hour, so I wouldn't mind having an extra hour of Raw.

just move all the cruiserweights and the title to Raw, send others to Smackdown to fill the void...they can use up an hour total throughout the entire show...that's pretty much what Nitro did anyway.

USA Network must hate people. Three hours of RAW EVERY week? Dear god, that's just inhumane. And Austin to return to just stand there? Great, he can do the segments with Ron Simmons. For 10 minutes Ron can just say "DAMN!" and Steve can go "WHAT?" back and forth. Eventually they both agree to go get ice cream and USA gets what they wanted.

[uSAsecretplan]Maybe if we figure out a way to make Raw's ratings shtty enough, we can cancel them and void out our contract with them[/uSAsecretplan]

Well, it is no longer the top rated show on USA Network if it stays in the mid to upper 3 range. That honor would currently go to Burn Notice (3.9 back to back weeks). That's right, Bruce Campbell and Jeffrey Donovan have overpowered RAW.

[uSAsecretplan]Maybe if we figure out a way to make Raw's ratings shtty enough, we can cancel them and void out our contract with them[/uSAsecretplan]

Well, it is no longer the top rated show on USA Network if it stays in the mid to upper 3 range. That honor would currently go to Burn Notice (3.9 back to back weeks). That's right, Bruce Campbell and Jeffrey Donovan have overpowered RAW.

I'm not surprised. It's an excellent show.

Very much so. And I didn't realize RAW dropped to a 3.3/3.4 this week. Damn, that's gotta sting. I really cannot explain that much of a drop considering the Home Run Derby was rather lousy at the start and Larry King Live didn't do a good number at all. I guess Cena might have a pretty big case that he is the major ratings draw in the WWE. I figured he was a solid one but damn, the first RAW without him in a while and the rating plummeted.

Triple H had planned to wrestle Randy Orton at SummerSlam but those plans have been changed. Triple H will not be wrestling John Cena at SummerSlam either and they will be kept far apart until another date. Current plans call for Triple H to return to TV on the 8/13 Raw at Madison Square Garden.

pwinsider

Kennedy and Booker seem the most likely to go up first against HHH. And it already starts to feel like these SD guys stand no real chance.

The other possibility could be Carlito, given those kayfabe comments he made.

HHH wants a strong opponent to squash, so it makes him look better. Carltio's been languishing in mid card for too long.

USA Network must hate people. Three hours of RAW EVERY week? Dear god, that's just inhumane. And Austin to return to just stand there? Great, he can do the segments with Ron Simmons. For 10 minutes Ron can just say "DAMN!" and Steve can go "WHAT?" back and forth. Eventually they both agree to go get ice cream and USA gets what they wanted.

I would watch RAW every week if that happened. Honestly.

I would watch RAW every week if that happened. Honestly.

Yeah I think I would to.

Triple H had planned to wrestle Randy Orton at SummerSlam but those plans have been changed.

well surprise, surprise.

USA must be headed by Rachel Phelps, the Cleveland Indians' owner in Major League.

:lol: That would be sort of funny actually.

Very much so. And I didn't realize RAW dropped to a 3.3/3.4 this week. Damn, that's gotta sting. I really cannot explain that much of a drop considering the Home Run Derby was rather lousy at the start and Larry King Live didn't do a good number at all. I guess Cena might have a pretty big case that he is the major ratings draw in the WWE. I figured he was a solid one but damn, the first RAW without him in a while and the rating plummeted.

Or it could be the fact the show overall hasn't exactly been on fire for quite some time (no the mcmahon bullshit doesn't count) and they are pushing the steroid monster lashley down our fucking throats the entire show even though no one really cares about him.