TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion for July 2007

Just wondering here, since the WWF became the WWE, has a ring announcer ever called the WWE champion, the World Wrestling Entertainment champion when the wrestler came out? I know when it was the WWF title, 9 times out of 10, Finkel would say World Wrestling Federation Champion, as the champ was coming down the ramp. I ask this, because saying the "World Wrestling Entertainment" champion is just so tacky, I wonder if there is video out there of this somewhere.

Not that I know of. Finkel, Garcia, and Chimel would always address So and So as "The WWE Champion"

something i've been thinking about, i think its fairly obvious WWE doesnt wanna end the brand split, and with the rash of injuries that seem to happen so often, i think its high time that WWE does some massive call ups from OVW and FCW, i'm not talking in terms of 10 or so people i am talking like 20-30 people, i know that sounds really wacky but something needs to happen because the rosters are very thin right now, anyway here's some people i would call up/bring back to the main roster i only follow the developmental territories via the net so this is just based on observation:

Send To Raw:

Daniel Rodman: he's worked a few Heat shows so he has a little exposure within WWE right now

Hart Foundation 2.0 (Nattie Neidhart, Teddy Hart, Harry Smith and TJ Wilson) WWE has been missing a major faction for years, i think Nattie could run the Women's Division and have Harry Smith chase the IC title and maybe the WWE title down the road, and have TJ and Teddy be the tag team of the faction

Justin "The Ox" LaRoche and Charles "The Hammer" Evans: i've seen a couple of thier matches online and i think they could be a dominant team and maybe go blow for blow with Cade and Murdoch

Send To ECW, probably the smallest Roster, they could benefit from a few people:

Colt Cabana: i've seen alot of his ROH work and he is very entertaining and a very solid wrestler, and a possible feud with Punk would be money and make alot of smark fans jizz with joy

Mike Mondo: yes we all remember him from the Spirit Squad, i say bring him back and shed that image and make him a Chris Masters-esuqe gimmick, he's built pretty muscular if you seen recent pics of him

Nick Nemeth: another former SS guy i think he could be a good face to possibly feud with someone like John Morrison or Kevin Thorn

Send to Smackdown:

Paul Burchill and Steve Lewington: now i know they are not a tag team, but maybe bring them in and Dave Taylor could be a mentor of sorts for them and they tear through the tag division

Cody Rhodes: right now i dont think he's quite ready for Raw just yet, not sure on his weight but maybe he could be the one that takes the Cruiserweight title from Chavo if Chavo is gonna be on his way out soon

Johnny Jeter: right now poor Kenny Dykstra is gonna be wondering in jobber status at this point and a Jeter/Kenny team would be very entertaining

thats all i can think of right now

Get Cody, Cobana and Harry Smith up straight away for sure, but Rodimer? The guy has no talent at all.

After seeing Rodimer live a few months ago and watching a few Heat matches he's had I really wonder what it is anyone in WWE sees in him. Oh, thats right.....he's a big guy. But seriously, once he gets in the ring he is useless. He did a bearhug 5 times in an 8 minute match against Val at a house show....overkill anyone? I can't really recall anything else aside from the bearhug, kick and punch from his moveset now that I think of it. I think he did a couple of big guy power out reversals, but that was about it. Just release the guy already.

- Apparently the push Santino Marella is over, and is said to be on the endangered list.

But what will become of Maria?!?! That's all I really care about since this guy apparently has the finishing move set as roll-up and school boy pin 2

The problem with OVW call-ups is this: what gimmicks are you going to give them?

See, there is no way the RAW writers will call someone up with their OVW gimmick and the gimmicks they usually pick for them are horrendous. If a guy can't talk or doesn't look like he can lift a car, Vince is going to ask what the f*ck he's doing on his main RAW program.

Hart Foundation 2.0 would be buried, probably be defeated once and for all by DX and Vince. Cause come on, Vince's ego would never allow someone with a Hart last name to succeed for long. Neither him or Bret will ever let that day go only Vince has all the power to stroke his ego.

You are fighting a losing battle. The writers don't have the ability to come up with good gimmicks and Vince's (and Steph's now apparently) insane ideas of the perfect wrestler destroy what is left.

They need to just go all the way with Santino Marella and have him reveal that outside of wrestling he's a part time plumber, and then stick a big red hat on him with the letter "M" right on the front of it.

They need to just go all the way with Santino Marella and have him reveal that outside of wrestling he's a part time plumber, and then stick a big red hat on him with the letter "M" right on the front of it.

"It's a me, Marella!"

"It's a me, Marella!"

i would mark out for that, and i would LOL if he came out to the Super Mario Brothers theme

"It's a me, Marella!"

Gorilla Monsoon's rotational inertia has just shifted to overdrive.

They could bring in Captain Lou Albano to be his dad, uncle or grandfather.

The angle writes itself.

Well, as long as Steph writes it, it'll be great! ... right?

Obviously, Maria would have to be the Princess, too bad Khali is off Raw, he'd have made a badass Bowser.

Umaga is Bowser, just paint him green...he doesn't even need to change his mannerisms. Plus it fits in with the existing Marella/Umaga history.

Albano can be his uncle that's training him to finally beat Umaga for the IC title. They can make training montages where Marella breaks bricks with his head and eats a lot of mushrooms.

Of course, Marella's new finisher: top rope flying stomp.

Toad = Hornswoggle

Luigi = Shad

Wario = Trevor Murdoch

Waluigi = Stevie Richards

Of course, Marella's new finisher: top rope flying stomp.

He could even bust out a fireball or two, or maybe just leave that for Albano's outside interference.

Someone needs to pitch this idea to the WWE team or Brian Gerwitz specifically.

Toad = Hornswoggle

Luigi = Shad

Wario = Trevor Murdoch

Donkey Kong = Mark Henry

Plus he could be a ref like in Punch Out..

Goombas= Duce and Domino

Toad = Hornswoggle

Luigi = Shad

Wario = Trevor Murdoch

Donkey Kong = Mark Henry

Goombas= Duce and Domino

shyguys: london and kendrick

Toad = Hornswoggle

Luigi = Shad

Wario = Trevor Murdoch

Donkey Kong = Mark Henry

Goombas= Duce and Domino

shyguys: london and kendrick

Hammer Brothers: The Highlanders

I just noticed that WWE.com is a running "Bodog Fight" ad with Daniel Puder in it.

Thats not too big of a deal. It's not like they have to protect Kurt Angle anymore

Toad = Hornswoggle

Luigi = Shad

Wario = Trevor Murdoch

Donkey Kong = Mark Henry

And whenever Marella loses, they should play the "you died" jingle overhead from the original Super Mario Bros. When he makes his big comeback, they could play the "Star/Invincibility" music, and as soon as it ends, he gets crushed and pinned.

Toad = Hornswoggle

Luigi = Shad

Wario = Trevor Murdoch

Donkey Kong = Mark Henry

And whenever Marella loses, they should play the "you died" jingle overhead from the original Super Mario Bros. When he makes his big comeback, they could play the "Star/Invincibility" music, and as soon as it ends, he gets crushed and pinned.

this is brilliant, someone needs to e-mail WWE.com with these ideas

Except they'd need to get the rights from Nintendo first, they own all the trademarks on the characters and their likenesses.

WWE: "Hey Nintendo, we want to make one of our undercard wrestlers do a gimmick that mocks your most beloved and long-running cash cow."

Nintendo: " . . . "

I don't think they need permission to parody something. That's why having a big fat worker named Rosie O'Donnell was ok.

Besides, we all know the gimmick would last maybe a month before getting shelved. Poor Super Marella.

ARRGH. ANOTHER one?! Let's see: they fired the first winner, buried the second one after she gave up the goods for Playboy and proved she couldn't wrestle, and I don't even know what happened to the third one. WHY do they keep doing this waste of time?!