TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Favorite commentary track(s)

Heres mine

Dogma

Re-Animator (the cast one)

Any Arnold movie (especially Conan the Barbarian and Total Recall)

Cannibal! The Musical

Orgazmo

All the Mr Show commentary tracks

King of New York

The overall drunk off their assness of the Resident Evil Commentary where every 45 minutes they might say something about the movie, but mostly it was about how Mila felt Michelles ass looked in these leather pants she wore to some german club.

And the commentary to anchor man kicked ass. muthafuckin Lou Rawls for no reason whatsoever.

The commentary tracks for all three of the movies in the Evil Dead series are great.

Also, Hunter S. Thompson's track for the Criterion Collection version of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas." He screams, bellows, hollers, laughs, curses, calls Terry Gilliam "a fucking faggot", and so much more.

Cabin Fever and Hostel have good tracks. You can tell Eli likes what he's doing. And there seem to be a lot of tracks on his movies.

Mallrats was good.

The old Clerks one however is painfully boring. I heard they did another for Clerks X though. The Serenity track was also very boring

Chuck P. on Fight Club was awesome.

I also love the Mr. Shows and a lot of the Simpsons, and Futuramas. David X. Cohen is a surprisingly entertaining speaker for a dork.

James Gunn/Nathan Fillion on Slither

all of The Office's are good. Except the ones with Melora Hardin. She is awful.

Undeclared/Freaks and Geeks are usually best with Judd and/or Seth.

Donnie Brasco

Spaceballs

I love that one. Mel Brooks is great when he complains that you are listening to him instead of watching the movie, then in the next breath he talks about what is going on in the scene.

I like the Clerks commentary. I really find it hard to watch the movie without the commentary now.

Fight Club is great. I've listened to all of them and they are all great, especially Chuck's.

The cast commentary on Dawn of the Dead(original).

Anything with Eli Roth, including Bloodsucking Freaks.

2001 Maniacs and Freddy vs. Jason are both great due to the great and talented Robert Englund.

If we're talking about facinating informative commentaries, everyone should listen to Coppola talk his way through 9 1/2 hrs of "The Godfather" saga. He's just as much a master storyteller with his voice as he is with his camera.

Any of the Avenging Conscience crew's flicks (Trey Parker, Matt Stone, Dian Bachar, etc.). Cannibal! is great, but I feel that Orgazmo tops it, especially when they explain why they made Dian into Choda Boy.

I like the commentary for Aliens Special Edition, specifically from the Quadrilogy set, when the cast (Bill Paxton, Michael Biehn, Carrie Henn, and Janine Goldstein) are the ones doing it. Biehn sounds like he doesn't really want to be there, as if he's sick of being called Hicks; Goldstein brings up some favorite memories on the set; Carrie makes fun of her one movie role (and what a memorable role it was), including her friends making fun of her for the "they mostly come out at night...mostly" line; but the best is Paxton. He brings up all of the times he was drunk during shooting, and how much he loves working for James Cameron since he wouldn't have had a film career without him (Bill was working as a roofer for Cameron when he was casting The Terminator, and was asked to be in it; and then he was in just about every Cameron project from then on), and just generally jokes around with everybody. I think the one time Biehn actually sounds like he's having fun during the commentary is when he's trying not to laugh after Bill makes a joke at his expense.

Yes yes, Freddy vs Jason was a good one. Robert would go into Freddy voice and yell "You're gonna fuckin' die, bitch!" (or something) at the females on screen

If people haven't seen 2001 Maniacs go see it now. The commentary is great as I stated above, but the best line came from Englund when at the end Kane Hodder shows up towards the end in a cameo as a towns-person. Englund is in the scene as well and says, "Here is the REAL Freddy vs. Jason." I guess he knows who should have been in that movie as well.

Wait wait hold the fucking phone, you guys got a commentary track for Orgazmo?! Why the fuck do region 2 releases get stiffed on things like this? We didn't get a commentary track for Dogma either! It makes no sense! (I bought the region 1 of Dogma in the end, just for the commentary track)

As for mine, Any of the Kevin Smith films (Clerks, Mallrats and Dogma in particular) and the cast commentary of Jackass: The Movie is really good too.

Guest A.BUTCHER'S HOUSE OF RIBS

Any of John Waters commentaries are very good. But I think my all time fave would be Bruce Campbell as Elvis for Bubba Ho Tep. They should have him do that for other movies as well buy up a bunch of public domain flicks and let "Elvis" comment on them.

I like the commentary tracks where they're staged: Talledega Nights, Incident at Loch Ness, so forth & so on.

Also very amusing are the tracks where the people talking clearly don't like the movie they made, but seem to be forbidden from actually saying anything bad: Alien vs. Predator comes to mind.

Uwe Boll commentary tracks are hilarious, especially on Bloodrayne and Alone in the Dark. I don't think I've ever heard a director hate his audience so much.

I don't get around to watching many of the commentaries, but I do always enjoy the "Mini-Commentaries" on the South Park season sets.

The main ones I've heard good stuff on were I heard, as mentioned Cannibal the Musical and another commentary I've had people tell me was good was the commentary for "The Rules of Attraction" which for some reason features Carrot Top as one of the people doing commentary.

Uwe Boll commentary tracks are hilarious, especially on Bloodrayne and Alone in the Dark. I don't think I've ever heard a director hate his audience so much.

Really? I've never watched one of his movies because of hearing about them sucking. Please explain in further detail Boll's douchieness.