TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

Cloverfield

I along with the rest of you am anticipating just WHAT kind of monster this is supposed to be. I've heard everything from a depiction of Cthulu, to a serpent of sorts.

Cthulhu_and_R'lyeh.jpg

Cthulu.jpg

Cthulu would make one interesting movie monster.

While people have said that the ethanwasright website was debunked as fake, I did find something in the source of the website (which was a classic during the Lost Web-Game last summer).

...war came, no longer from the elemental nor from the star's rain of fire. The world was again remade, and the glow was as the coming of the sun upon the Earth. The children of the gods were again too few, scattered and divided and among them walked the ancients and those whose thoughts were not as to the towers and the marvels, but to the End and the destruction of the Earth and to the fires from which nothing could escape.

Thing is, you can usually tell if the sites are legit cos they'll have some ABC/JJ Abrams legal corporate site embedded into the source code to.

EDIT: Is that guy with the beard, the guy from Alias - the Friend who dates the black chick? Sorry, can't remember names, I pretty much sped my way through Alias.

From a YouTube post, which I found curious.

"In Jewish belief, Behemoth is the primal unconquerable monster of the land, as Leviathan is the primal monster of the waters of the sea and Ziz the primordial monster of the sky.

1) The first monster roar is accompanied by an earthquake (Behemoth)

2) The second monster roar is accompanied by a huge fireball (Leviathan, for it can breathe fire)

3) The third monster roar is accompanied by the flying"

It isn't a parasite, and it isn't a Japanese robot. So it could still be Gamera. Gamera is friend to children!

I wonder which kid gets to play his best friend Kenny in the movie...

"Can I have a Coke?"

Isn't today the day that somethings suppose to be announced about this?

I think that had something to do with the parasite movie website.. which turns out has nothing to do with Project Cloverfield.

And just to note www.parasitemovie.com now forwards to www.transformers2.com - which is pretty much a cheap attempt to make some money by offering the domain name up for sale. /lame

Guest Vitamin X

Updates from AICN!

Apparently 1-18-08.com has a clip of the monster's roar if you leave the window open for a little bit. Also, AICN reported this about the monster:

In short, the message I'm talking about said that the big monster that comes into New York is scaly. The message claimed that when a scale is dislodged from the monster (if it gets blown off by shelling, for example) the scales actually turn into smaller, raptor-like creatures that run around wrecking havoc. That could be very cool if true. It was also suck completely if real.

The fuck? I think we're talking about a completely new and different monster here. Not Cthulhu, or Godzilla, or any of that.

Yeah, so the official trailer is supposedly going to be attached with Beowulf.

I've heard everything from it being a giant mutated super intelligent sperm whale that births dozens of baby monsters within 20 minutes to it being a pissed off mutated giant squid with claws.

Updates from AICN!

Apparently 1-18-08.com has a clip of the monster's roar if you leave the window open for a little bit. Also, AICN reported this about the monster:

In short, the message I'm talking about said that the big monster that comes into New York is scaly. The message claimed that when a scale is dislodged from the monster (if it gets blown off by shelling, for example) the scales actually turn into smaller, raptor-like creatures that run around wrecking havoc. That could be very cool if true. It was also suck completely if real.

The fuck? I think we're talking about a completely new and different monster here. Not Cthulhu, or Godzilla, or any of that.

Huh. Well, they gets marks for creativity. Sounds like a pretty neat idea, but it all depends on how they execute it.

This reminds me of Sin from FFX...

Thanks for the reminder. When I heard of a monster with scales that fall off and turn into smaller monsters, I was trying to think of where I'd seen something similar before.

Sin2.jpg

I'd rather enjoy seeing this thing wreak havoc in New York.

I loved Sin as a monster in that game.

Just a couple of months away now. I'm really not getting caught up in the internet hype monster about this thing, I'll watch it when it comes out and hope it's good

Here's a cellphone grab of the new trailer (with title-it's officially called "Cloverfield"). It's not in very good quality, but you take what you can get.

If you want to see it on the big screen, it comes attatched to "Beowulf."

If you don't feel like clicking on the link:

better quality trailer

Here's a link that, as of now, is still up: Thanks, local Portland news!

My coworker's frat brother is in this--he was also in that terrible Carpoolers show--but he won't spill anything on the movie. Fucker. Ultimately, I think the marketing on this was screwed up a bit; the movie had titanic buzz after the surprise trailer in front of Transformers, but I imagine a lot of people have forgotten given the 4-month layover.

Here's a link that, as of now, is still up: Thanks, local Portland news!

My coworker's frat brother is in this--he was also in that terrible Carpoolers show--but he won't spill anything on the movie. Fucker. Ultimately, I think the marketing on this was screwed up a bit; the movie had titanic buzz after the surprise trailer in front of Transformers, but I imagine a lot of people have forgotten given the 4-month layover.

Ya. They fucked up big time with it. The buzz has died down to just a low rumble, if that.

I want the monster to be this guy.

chimera.jpg

Someone said something along the lines of their being shadows of the smaller monsters and that they look like rats? People bleeding from their eyes, and a few other things on youtube in a trailer summary.

I think the issue here is that the trailer that caused all the buzz during the summer didn't have any real sort of title attached to it.

Even Cloverfield isn't a very good title for a monster movie. 1-18-08 is a date, I suppose that's when the movie will drop. But while the trailer was memorable, it wasn't THAT memorable, and more importantly it wasn't easy to discuss without a title!