TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Epic Reine

Since when did clothes shopping...

I tend to stick to a handful of stores (Hollister, American Eagle, Express Men (formerly Structure))

dude.....

Guest Vitamin X

Look at who's posting that, and tell me you're honestly surprised.

Steve and Barry is fairly cheap if you have one around. Kohls as well.

Steve and Barry's is great, my parents are going to load up my brother on Starbury's gear when they visit.

I guess I'm in the middle. I won't throw down $100 for a pair of jeans or $50 for a t-shirt, but I also won't buy anything from the Marts of this world. For t-shirts, I stick to eBay, Pac Sun, and the occasional non-gay ones I can find at joints like Aeropostale. Old Navy's great for the low-rise boot cut jeans and sweaters and track jackets. I'll snatch up the pricier brands occasionally, but that's almost always on eBay at a significantly lower price than retail.

Guest Vitamin X

Aeropostale has some good shit. So do all the wussy type stores like American Eagle and all that, you just have to look around a bit.

Aeropostale has some good shit. So do all the wussy type stores like American Eagle and all that, you just have to look around a bit.

If you are a size of a toothpick, and like to look like a metrosexual, then sure, these shops are good.

Guest Vitamin X

If you are a size of a toothpick, and like to look like a metrosexual, then sure, these shops are good.

Yeah, it's a shame they don't go beyond a size XXL, huh?

I take an XL.

Unless you like shit plastered all over your shirt, these stores don't appeal to me.

Steve and Barry's is really cheap, eventhough im not into buying novelty shirts. Im loading with Marbury shoes/gear now. I've also shop alot at the Ecko outlet store where I live. Back in the day, I used to buy all that expensive shit from your typical Urban/Hip Hop stores, but now im just looking for deals or have my girl buy clothes for me.

Hey don't rip on those of us that aren't big fatties

(I don't know if you're a big fatty)

What's Express Men? Never heard of it, curious as to what kind of shit that they have there to pull the "dude" response from Ripper.

I generally go shopping for clothes rarely, so I'll buy in spurts I guess, but if I see something I like I generally buy it if it's something that I won't run into again (I have a few t-shirts like this). I wouldn't chastise someone who spends a little extra on clothes, though taste is another matter entirely.

Also have to point out that the latest trend for guys to wear shirts three sizes too long or have big block pictures ironed on is pretty lame. I'm sorry, but it looks so tacky to have a huge picture of DMX puffing a huge cloud of smoke on your chest.

Guest Vitamin X

I take an XL.

Unless you like shit plastered all over your shirt, these stores don't appeal to me.

I suppose it's harder to find things in your size. I go with either M or L, depending on the style and clothes, and last time I went to Aeropostale, I got jeans (not the lame "pre-ripped" variety, but just decent normal ones) and a nice pinstripe jacket. They don't necessarily have shit plastered all over them, in fact, I like to remain as fashion-neutral as possible, not proclaiming HEY I LOVE AEROPOSTALE/AMERICAN EAGLE/QUIKSILVER/etc. out to the world. Which is why I said, you've gotta look around a bit.

Hey don't rip on those of us that aren't big fatties

(I don't know if you're a big fatty)

What's Express Men? Never heard of it, curious as to what kind of shit that they have there to pull the "dude" response from Ripper.

I generally go shopping for clothes rarely, so I'll buy in spurts I guess, but if I see something I like I generally buy it if it's something that I won't run into again (I have a few t-shirts like this). I wouldn't chastise someone who spends a little extra on clothes, though taste is another matter entirely.

http://www.expressfashion.com/styles/mens.jsp

I'm sure there's more examples there, but Express is fairly expensive, "high end" fashion which in our culture is relegated to homo/metrosexuals and vain folks. It's just their taste, of course, but it does proclaim a certain image about them- Zack's shown himself off to be kinda preppy and whatnot in the past, so like I said, doesn't surprise me.

I think that's only for black people. I have yet to see non white trying to be black peeps rocking that look.

Yeah I know, but I run into it often enough that it warrants mentioning.

Checking out the Express site, it seems like it's just an expensive version of what you could find at a Mexx or Pinstripes or something similar.

I almost always wear medium t-shirts, so finding my size at these places isn't generally an issue. In fact, the only problem I usually run into when shirt or pants size is related is them only having sizes that are too big for me.

The graphic tees found in these stores are generally boring/terrible, but there's usually one or two good ones in the bunch. I hit the outlet mall yesterday and this was the case in the GAP and Aeropostale outlets; lots of graphic tees and maybe one or two from each I'd ever wear. Pac Sun on the other hand had dozens I'd have no issue wearing, yet I only walked out with one (splitting a 2-for-$25 deal with my brother).

Speaking of outlet malls, if you've got one near you, hit it up. You aren't going to notice much of a difference if you walk into a place like Calvin Klein (which should be renamed The Nothing Under $45 Store), but most of the stores house great deals. I picked a niiiiiice pair of Adidas kicks that apparently retail in the $80 range for $36. On top of that, it was buy one get one half off. Unfortunately, places like this generally don't stock up on a wide variety of size 13 shoes.

I think that's only for black people. I have yet to see non white trying to be black peeps rocking that look.

Where do you live? I thought the tall-T aka Night gown look was over and done with.

Guest Vitamin X

Not even in Miami, either, which is supposedly one of the leaders in fashion.

But I think he's talking more about those oversized shirts with like an enormous picture of a person, usually Bob Marley smoking weed, on it. You find those at a lot of head shops and stuff though, even here, though you'd probably get chastized for it here. Almost assuredly, in fact.

Checking out the Express site, it seems like it's just an expensive version of what you could find at a Mexx or Pinstripes or something similar.

I'm not familiar with either of the stores you mentioned. Like VX said, Express is more of a preppy/metro store, however if you hit them on the right day, you can walk off with some good stuff. Their solid colored button downs (dubbed 1MX shirts) are a really nice fit, great quality, and are seemingly once a month knocked down to $19.50 or so. Same with the jeans...they're comfortable, and on sale you can get them around $30. Paying full price in that store is ridiculous though, because I could get a whole 'nother outfit or two elsewhere rather than pay $80 for a track jacket or $60 for a dress shirt. They recently had a "box sale" (end of the season clearance, things marked up to 70% off) and I got a nice polo shirt that was originally $50 for $10.

As far as T-shirts go, I'm notorious for wearing some random shirts/band tees and whatnot, but the most comfortable T-shirts I own all come from Hollister. They're not supertight, but they're not baggy either, at least for my size.

As for outlet malls, we have one about a half an hour/45 minute drive up in Wrentham, MA. The name-brand stores don't tend to offer a lot (most of the "super sales" are what you'd find on a normal department store/mall store sale), but some of the lesser known stores offer great discounts. There's one store called Rue 21 which has a good guys selection (it's more of a casual/skate/surf/ selection), and you can get stuff like jeans for $5 if you hit them at the right time.