TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
migoli

You Favorite Alcohol

As a former professional drinker, I could talk about alcohol, even though I've recently vowed to never drink again. I don't have a lot to say about beer, but liquor I know about. If I was drinking beer, though, it was usually a 40 of Miller High Life, once I got out of Florida, cause they don't sell them there. Absurd, but hey, I don't really like beer. Cans, usually Coors. Fuck it. Sam Adams was pretty good.

I was always a big Jim Beam fan. Jack Daniels was ok, liked it more for mixing. I'd drink Beam straight and smoke a Marlboro red, made you feel like a man. I actually preferred to mix Pepsi with whiskey than Coke. If I was going for the cheap stuff, I didn't mind Old Crow. Old Crow is a good depression drink. You feel like sitting in the rain and listening to Tom Waits with that stuff.

Would occasionally get Wild Turkey. I honestly don't know why I didn't drink more Wild Turkey, I always liked it. Maker's Mark as well. I'd always order that in bars, although I usually drank outside of that setting. Part of my loyalty to Jim Beam is probably that GG drank Jim Beam. I would often drink the same things and my various rock idols and what not.

Got Bushmill's Irish whiskey for that reason, cause of Jim Morrison. I could take or leave it.

Now as for vodka, it's Grey Goose all the way, even before the Ying Yang Twins classed it up with that song. It really is very good, but not cheap. I tried Patrick Bateman's drinks, J&B and Finlandia. Finlandia really wasn't that good, I'm surprised he was written as drinking it.

J&B always just felt too Christmassy. Like drinking port or something.

The thing I like about vodka is that cheap vodka is just that. Cheap vodka. So if you really don't care and just want to get wasted, there you go. Vodka is the only thing I could ever lower myself to just getting the bottom shelf generic whatever.

If I wanted a decent vodka without paying for Grey Goose, Absolut was ok.

For gin, Bombay was good, and I enjoyed Beefeater, but if I'm drinking gin, it should probably be cheap gin. Seagram's was perfectly fine, and it has hip hop cred, much like the 40s. I actually rather enjoyed the taste of Seagram's.

The Big Lewbowski's tasty beverage, the Caucasian or the Clockwork Orange drink of titty milk with Volka. But nothing beats Barcardi with soda.

Lets see here.

I like disaronno for a amaretto. Good stuff.

For Vodka, I have to agree with Milky. Grey Goose is fabulous, but the 100 proof Smirnoff stuff and the 90 proof one are pretty good for less money. THey are in the blue and silver bottle respectively, the stuff with the red label sucks ass and you might as well buy Mccormick's.

I also will drink differnt Rums, and Schnapps.

Peppermint, cinnimon, melon, and peach are all kickass for mixing.

Any type of tequila will do.

But some shots of liquid crack, Margaritas, amaretto sours, any kind of martini's are my kind of drinks.

If I go somewhere I always order a grateful dead. they will make it correctly only 15% of the time, but if they do...hells yeah.

Guest Vitamin X

I stopped drinking liquor a while back in order to just enjoy the drink for the drink and not so much for the alcohol. But here's a tip anyways: If you buy a really shitty vodka, you can run it through a Brita Filter (in one of those pitcher things) a couple times and it'll taste noticeably better, as good as Grey Goose or any of that stuff.

But here's a tip anyways: If you buy a really shitty vodka, you can run it through a Brita Filter (in one of those pitcher things) a couple times and it'll taste noticeably better, as good as Grey Goose or any of that stuff.

This works, but in my experience it doesn't work quite that well. You can get 'crat or Bowman's up to Smirnoff levels; that's about the best results I've had. In terms of vodka, I'm a big fan of Chopin, which I'd put on the same level as Grey Goose (though it does taste considerably different, probably since it's a potato vodka).

Tanqueray #10 is probably my favorite booze overall. Disaronno is another big favorite, and I always like the versatility of a nice fifth of Jack. My favorite drink to order in a bar is probably a dirty martini, because I never seem to have a jar of olives in the fridge at home.

Will not touch any beers, but most all liquors I like. Favorites would include: Mojito, Brandi Alexander, Classic Jose Margarita, and a few others.

As a general rule I only drink at parties and then it's usually just the Smirnoff vodka or everclear my girlfriend brings. I've never had more than a couple of cans of beer in my life and didn't enjoy those.

As a general rule I should avoid vodka, and I've managed to for pretty much the last 3-4 years. Spirits in general are fairly rare these days, I drink pretty much anything else, but cider is currently dominating, just because I'm sick of mid-range lager and never really fancy wine in the summer as much.

Conversely to Mike, I drink basically beer and no other liquor. I make Tootsie Rolls (oj/creme de cacao) or screwdrivers at a Christmas party I attend every year, but other than that, very seldom will I have anything that's not beer.

Guest •

Dude, razazteca just ripped you. Coherently. I'd keep a low profile for like a year.

Beer on draft here is the pits (Tennent's and Carling is marketed urine) and I've never been one for Belhaven. Guiness is something I've never taken to, from tap or can. I'll only drink beer in a bottle - Corona, Sol, Brahma. I drank a lot of beer in Germany, but that's only because they know how to do it right.

For me, it's usually cider to start with - I'll take Magners or Kopperberg pear. I started on Strongbow and Blackthorne as a student but like my academic career, I went off those.

As for spirits, there's a time of the night where I'll drink anything sadly. No gin whatsoever, though. I used to be big on Southern Comfort and Coke, but I got sick of the stuff eventually - vodka and coke is an absolute surefire and like Milky says, cheap vodka is still vodka. For some reason, Jack is really cheap here and I can't go it. Truthfully, I'm not into whiskey enthusiastically, but if someone gives me a flask and goes, 'this is good stuff', I'll have a sip and pretend it's different from the rest.

Shots, cocktails, bring it on.

Who said we had a drinking culture?

Who's a better drunk, a Scotsman or an Irishman? I always wondered.

Well, I have never been with a drunk Irishman strangely - but I'm sure we're much the same...

Amaretto is my favourite, perferbably Disoranno

I like Malibu Rum for the occasional drink.

Vodka: Grey Goose is great, but I prefer Prince Igor. Finlandia is awful and so are most Canadian brands of Vodka.

Rum: Capt. Morgan spiced rum.

Rye: Forty Creek is generally the good shit, but almost every bar uses Canadian Club...ugh.

Gin: Bombay, and only Bombay.

So my resolve to not drink lasted a good two days. It just spirals and escalates until I get annihilated and say "That's it!" and then slowly climb the ladder back to that point. That once a year or so suicidal drunk is what keeps me alive. It's like I've heard a lot of junkies and street folk say: One month a year in jail, or one year every five, will keep you alive. It's how GG made it to 36. Same principal.

I drank in moderation today. Six dollar shots will do that to you. So I had four shots of Wild Turkey and two Bud Lights. $30, but that was a very comfortable drunk to me. Not wanting more... not puking and making a fool of myself. Cruising. So maybe I'll try to keep it around there.

Guest Vitamin X

That's my favorite kind of drunk, as well. I had myself a Pabst, 2 Tilts, and smoked a couple bowls, and I was chillin', but since I was biking I liked to retain a BIT of coherence and all. On the way home, I picked up some oysters and crab legs at Safeway before they closed, and ate them with this new Lagunitas Pale Ale (pint and a half, which is relatively weak all things considered but after all I had earlier, it got a nice buzz going).

I sometimes wonder if I would prefer drinking liquor instead, because after all it IS a lot less empty calories and just gets you drunk faster. I avoid it from time to time for that very purpose though, so I don't get immediately fucked and start wondering if I'm an alcoholic and need to slow down. A couple months ago, I got way too hammered off a bottle of Captain Morgan's and choked this one guy who was being an asshole- sure I was chastised later for choking him, but a. I was drunk and b. he was being a drunk asshole. You gotta neutralize, see.

I've just got into Leffe, which is a German beer, its pitch black and 6.8%, it fucks you up rotten, but in a good way!

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I drink almost nothing alcoholic but rum, and I don't care what kind.

My favorite alcohol hands down is Crown Royal. It is the one whiskey I like enough to just sip over some ice without any mixer.

For beer, I am really digging the new Miller Chill beer. (The one that adds a little lime/salt flavor to it)

My favorite all-time beer is Newcastle.

I drink almost nothing alcoholic but rum, and I don't care what kind.

Hells yeah! I love me some Sailor Jerry. Spent many nights drinking rum and coke watching Twins games this summer