TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

Who Cuts The Best Promos Today?

With the exception of Vince McMahon, King Booker might just be the best promo guy in the company today. I disagree when people claim the "King Booker" gimmick has run out of gas. He easily generates heat with a mic in hand.

On a personal note, one of my favorite things about King Booker is when he gets mad in a promo, and drops the english accent. Case-in-point, when he wanted Jim Ross to kiss his ring the other week on RAW. He was being all elegant and well-spoken in telling J.R. to hiss the royal ring of King BooKAH. Then, when J.R. wouldn't do it, he got mad and yelled "KISS MY RING, MAN!" in his regular voice.

Regal is probably my favorite promo though. He has everything from his speaking tone, to his facial expressions perfected.

Or in another instance of King Booker doing that . . .

"Should Ron Artest be king? No. Should you, Jerome Lawler, be king? No. Should the self-proclaimed King of Kings HHH be called king? AWWW HELLLL NAWWWWWWW!!!!"

1. King Booker is the best right now especially when he gets mad and talks normal.

2. William Regal has a vocabulary that no one can match.

3. MISTER KENNEDY is the only person out of the 20 or so who tried to emulate the Rock actually get it right.

4. Elija Burke is growing on me.

5. El General de la Extreme Estrada es entertaining, haha.

6. Matt Striker was doing great as the manager for Visera.

King Booker, Triple H, (lets be honest, as a heel, he's pretty solid on the stick) Regal, and CM Punk (he hasn't had one yet, but I know for a fact he can cut one hell of a promo)

I can't get enough of Regal and BookHA at the moment.

In order of promosity:

William Regal

HHH

King Booker

CM Punk (just the little bit I saw in the New Blood storyline and his meeting with Vince were gold)

Mr. Kennedy

Armando Alejandro Estrada

No MVP mentions? I didn't see the PPV but I heard that MVP looked like a natural stand in for the Rock in his segment with Austin.

I was at the bar, so I couldn't hear what was really being said when MVP and Austin were in the ring, but from what I've heard from other people, MVP is pretty good.

Booker

Regal

Armando

Santino (slowly growin on me)

KENNEDY

Vince McMahon

MVP (he's underrated IMO)

HHH (hurt because he talks too long)

HBK (When motivated he could be the best)

Regal (anybody have that backstage promo he cut on Hogan back in the day?)

Edge (Comfortable on the mic and can get across what needs to be said)

Booker (Is a over the top gimmick, but works it really well. I believe he has announcer/commentator aspirations when he retires)

Punk (from his ROH work - I think the wwe is keeping him off the mic to slow his rise)

Kennedy (I loved his mic work while feuding with Undertaker)

John Cena is hit or miss, but he's so natural with the mic. Undertaker can sell any angle and get his point across. MVP is getting there, and will be a top promo guy eventually. Carlito is effective as a heel, Cody Rhodes was pretty natural at the HOF induction ceremony even if he does have a slight lisp. JBL would definitely be on the list if he was in the ring, Flair can be gold if he has something he can sink his teeth into and speak from the heart.

I just thought of the greatest announce team to ever work in announcing: Booker, Stevie Ray, Ron Simmons.

Booker: "what is this treason you speak of"

Stevie: "Book what the hell are you saying the yaks know you're from 125th street"

Ron: "DAMN!"

Edge sucks ass on the mic.

HBK's still the best in the company, eventhough he won't cut loose like he used to.

Booker = GOLD

Regal besmirches hulkamania