TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - September 2007

I didn't think it was a great "wrestling" show (but I did like the oddly competitive Flair vs Tito match), but damn was it a nostalgic mark out trip. I thought the Funeral Parlour was going to be tops for me, but then Taker HAD HIS MUSIC PLAYED LIVE on the organ. At that moment, I realized this was an awesome show.

Guest bp2007

24/7 Online updated their second half schedule a day early and they got some fun stuff. The second episode of RAW, another History of the Intercontinental Title (including the classic Tito/Valentine cage match where Valentine smashed the Championship) and a Hair vs. Hair tag match from WCCW. I think there's also a Florida Championship Wrestling Match with Ron Simmons but it doesn't say if it's from Florida. Here's the schedule below:

Raw: Episode 2 January 18, 1993 | Approx. run time: 38 mins.WWE Raw was quickly living up to its legend as being unpredictable. This episode was no different with Ric Flair and Mr. Perfect in action. Also, Bret Hart makes his first appearance on Raw and The Repo Man decides to repossess a few items around the arena. Check out this can't miss episode of Monday Night Raw.

J.R.'s Pick of the Month: Raw, Ric Flair vs. Triple H May 19, 2003 | Approx. run time: 24 mins.Find out why J.R. considers a match only four-years-old to be an "old-school" classic. Ric Flair goes after his World Championship number 17 as he battles "The Game" Triple H. Would Flair's experience overcome The Game's ego? Find out in this classic encounter.

Bonus Features: Post Raw celebration with Ric Flair is featured.

Wrestling Hot-Beds: MSG in the '80s September 1, 2007 | Approx. run time: 51 mins.What does Hulkamania, the hit single "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun", Pitying the Fool, and Roddy Piper all have in common? They are all linked to WWE's live events at Madison Square Garden in the '80s. This month on Wrestling Hot-Beds we look at how each of these moments has permanently made their mark in history and helped lead to the birth and success of WrestleMania.

History of the Intercontinental Title - Part IV September 1, 2007 | Approx. run time: 41 mins.It's back to school, and WWE has filled your courseload with twice as much History of the Intercontinental Title. In this edition you will witness the first-ever title defense at WrestleMania, a tremendous Cage Match between Tito Santana and Greg Valentine, and so much more. This is one chapter of the History of the Intercontinental Title you don't want the Cliff Notes for!

Unforgiven: Trish Stratus vs. Lita September 17, 2006 | Approx. run time: 23 mins.Trish Stratus and Lita undoubtedly have the most storied rivalry between any two Divas in sports-entertainment history. Trish was ready to retire at Unforgiven and was hoping to go out on top as Women's Champion. Lita of course had other intentions. Find out who would walk out as champion by the end of the night.

Bonus Features: WWE Uncut interview with Trish Stratus minutes after her final match.

Unforgiven: Ric Flair vs. Carlito September 18, 2005 | Approx. run time: 19 mins.Cocky up-and-comer Carlito was strutting his stuff early in 2005. After being drafted to Raw in the 2005 Draft Lottery, Carlito made history by winning the Intercontinental Championship in his Raw debut. At Unforgiven, he put the gold on the line against the legendary "Nature Boy," Ric Flair. Would Carlito be taken to school by the "Dirtiest Player in the Game?"

Unforgiven: Shawn Michaels vs. Randy Orton September 21, 2003 | Approx. run time: 23 mins.Back in 2003, Randy Orton was attempting to cement himself as the Legend Killer. One of this earliest targets was Shawn Michaels. Would Randy Orton be able to knock off the Heartbreak Kid this early in his career, or would Shawn Michaels prove as he has in the past why he's the Showstopper?

Old School Classic: Ron Simmons vs. Bad News Allen December 17, 1986 | Approx. run time: 12 mins.Ron Simmons was the reigning NWA Florida Heavyweight Champion in 1986 and was taking on all challengers including Bad News Allen (known to most WWE fans as Bad News Brown). Could Ron Simmons pull off another victory, or would he utter "DAMN" in defeat?

Old School Classic: Smokey Mountain Wrestling, The Rock-n-Roll Express vs. Heavenly BodiesDecember 15, 1992 | Approx. run time: 7 mins.Another classic tag team battle is featured this month on 24/7 Online. This time it's coming out of Smokey Mountain Wrestling. Which team of veteran superstars would come out on top in this all out battle?

Old School Classic: WCCW Cotton Bowl Extravaganza II - Kevin & Kerry Von Erich vs. The Dynamic DuoOctober 6, 1985 | Approx. run time: 23 mins.You can't go "old-school" without heading to Texas and visiting WCCW. The Dynamic Duo (Chris Adams and Gino Hernandez) wanted to end the reign of the Von Erichs being on top of World Class Championship Wrestling. This rivalry could only be settled one way and that was in a tag team "Hair vs. Hair" Match. Check out 24/7 Online's WCCW debut with this classic match you won't find anywhere else.

Guest bp2007

I just finished watching it and that's the next episode. Both Perfect and Flair have matches on the show. Flair vs. Tito Santana and it's already slipping my mind who Mr. Perfect fights.

Yeah that Raw ends with Flair and Perfect yelling at each other and they agree to fight the next week. Flair/Perfect from the 3rd ever Raw is one of my favorite matches of all time. Why is this stuff just available online? The real 24/7 should show these old Raws, cause that 1993 period is a treasure trove full of stuff waiting to be rediscovered.

Another great Dibiase segment on Prime Time. I anxiously await another.

Agreed. He was just such a natural playing that character.

Funny 24/7 Online editing moment: One Raw Episode 2, "Terrific" Terry Taylor comes to the ring to The Red Rooster theme. IIRC, Taylor didn't even have theme music during that run.

Guest flairfan

what is everyone voting as PPV of the month? I am voting for Halloween Havoc 89..Would love to see this complete PPV as the VHS was only 2 hrs 5 min.

what is everyone voting as PPV of the month? I am voting for Halloween Havoc 89..Would love to see this complete PPV as the VHS was only 2 hrs 5 min.

That's what I picked. I'll take any opportunity to see the NWA in 1989.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

After that PPV, I find it stunning that they blew off Flair/Funk at Clash of Champions that next month instead of a mega-fight at Starrcade in Atlanta that year (They opted for the Iron Man tournament to set up Sting as the next contender). I understand setting up Sting, but he could have had an equally important match on that card (One against Luger or another one against Muta where he went over) to set him up as Flair's #1 contender.

Guest flairfan

That's what I picked. I'll take any opportunity to see the NWA in 1989.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

After that PPV, I find it stunning that they blew off Flair/Funk at Clash of Champions that next month instead of a mega-fight at Starrcade in Atlanta that year (They opted for the Iron Man tournament to set up Sting as the next contender). I understand setting up Sting, but he could have had an equally important match on that card (One against Luger or another one against Muta where he went over) to set him up as Flair's #1 contender.

Yeah, I thought the Flair/Funk Fued should have had one more match as well. (Cage Match of course!!!)...

ok everyone, get to voting for Havoc 89!!!!

Wasn't the failure of that Starrcade the reason that Flair was relieved of booking going into 1990? I too think it's odd that they blew off Flair/Funk on free TV at the Clash instead of maybe doing the goofy tourney thing with Sting winning as an undercard with Flair/Funk "I QUIT" as the main at the PPV.

I haven't been paying attention to many of the updates lately, but I have Vengeance 07 and European Rampage for Big Ones, and I did get the 3/17 MNW updated tonight. Raw is awesomeness, obviously... at least the main event.

Guest heyguesswhatidid

During the first segment of the 3/17 Nitro on MNW, they didn't blank out Chris Benoit's name.

I'm hoping the match is in here then, perhaps the brain damage thing is making him slightly forgiven.

Just watched the Santana/Flair match on Rampage.....good match but kind of funny that Danny Davis is reffing Tito's match after he screwed him and there is no mention. Sir Robert of Heenan is great on commentary though

Just watched the Santana/Flair match on Rampage.....good match but kind of funny that Danny Davis is reffing Tito's match after he screwed him and there is no mention. Sir Robert of Heenan is great on commentary though

For anyone who didn't catch the Hall of Fame ceremony, Nick Bockwinkel called Heenan "sir Robert" for 15 years. Lord James Blears knighted Heenan with the AWA World title belt.

Mini Goldust is awesome! Also, it would seem Tony mentioning Benoit was a technical slip up since he's still edited (as is an advertised segment with Flair that was to cover Uncensored results).

I don't know if I plan on doing it tonight or tomorrow night, but I'll be writing a MNW report for WO.com. Looking forward to this episode.

I hope the episode gets loaded soon... I can't wait to see that Bret/Sid cage match again.

Guest WWE247FanaticSeries

The WWF slip up happened too. I noticed every other word in Hart's promo at the end was beeped.

The NWA show this time around was really good at the beginning, but it tapered off at the end. The first hour was about as good of a TV show you could watch in that time period.

Guest WWE247FanaticSeries

I was at the bar Hammerjacks in Baltimore 15 years ago and watched a guy walk up to Shawn Michaels and ask him where his partner Robert Gibson was. Michaels laughed until he realized the dude was serious.

well they have the October schedule up:

http://www.sunflowerbroadband.com/cable/on...ng/?network=wwe

they are splitting the Tombstone DVD into 6 parts

The shorties sound pretty good... can't wait to see J-Tex reform with Buzz Sawyer and Muta. The stuff on the Samoans should be entertaining as well.

The NWA shows should put us extremely close to the formation of the Horsemen as well. I wonder if Tully Blanchard hiring J.J. Dillon as his manager happened in December of '85 or January of '86. I can't remember.

The NWA show this time around was really good at the beginning, but it tapered off at the end. The first hour was about as good of a TV show you could watch in that time period.

Flair lacing into Crockett was great... as was the 6 man match that featured 3 of the 4 soon to be Horsemen.

that ending to Raw is still one of my favorite WWE moments ever. It's too bad the Austin/Hart feud never had a proper blow-off, those guys could amost have you convinced they really hated each other in real life.

Well there was a blowoff to the Austin vs. Harts feud but it wasn't Bret that Austin beat. I'd say it was blown off at Survivor Series 1997 with Austin basically squashing Owen. But I don't recall Austin ever getting a win over Bret via pin or submission. Remember what I mentioned about Bret not putting many people over in the other thread?