TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
theintensifier

Indy wrestlers need to tone it down a notch

Yeah, I don't know where the Morishima hate is coming from. I've seen him twice this year at ROH events, and both times he delivered a dramatic and intense World title match.

Have there been any significant health updates on Danielson since the accident? The last match I really saw from him was back in late 2005, against Jack Evans. Danielson folded the poor guy in half, backwards, with a Boston Crab variation for the win. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Have there been any significant health updates on Danielson since the accident? The last match I really saw from him was back in late 2005, against Jack Evans. Danielson folded the poor guy in half, backwards, with a Boston Crab variation for the win. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

September 5th: Bryan Danielson had his eye examined today and recovery is going well. However, his vision is still blurry. He no longer has to wear his eye patch 24 hours a day and only wears it during the day. The good news is that he is healing quickly and will have another check up next week. We will have more news when we get it next week.

I hope McMahon doesn't hear about Danielson wearing an eye patch, or he'll try to sign him to do the pirate gimmick properly since Burchill made the mistake of using an modern interpretation.

It's not like Danielson wasn't throwing stiff shots either. Each men went into the match knowing that they were going to give and get stiff shots. It's how they wanted to work, knowing the risks.

Yes, injuries do occur. But is there really any reason why Morishima and Danielson were going at it like they've been feuding for a decade?

Also, look at PWG. Super Dragon using the Burning Hammer on someone on a steel chair. That's ridiculous, and unecessary.

Yes, injuries do occur. But is there really any reason why Morishima and Danielson were going at it like they've been feuding for a decade?

Also, look at PWG. Super Dragon using the Burning Hammer on someone on a steel chair. That's ridiculous, and unecessary.

Fuck Super Dragon. Any time I've ever seen a Super Dragon match, I feared for the opponent's safety.

In kayfaybe, Danielson feels that Morishima has "his" belt and had no qualms about making that fact known, even going as far as to pose with the belt while Morishima was fighting Nigel McGuinness. Morishima felt that Danielson was disrespecting his status as champion. I guess it was just supposed to be them trying to prove themselves.

A stiff shot to certain areas of the body is fine as some parts of the body can take more of a beating than other parts. The upper chest and back are the best areas to take a stiff shot, thats sorta why we see a lot of stiff kicks to the back now and hear the effect of a loud chop to the pec, but when it comes to other parts of the body a wrestler should protect himself so he doesn't get hurt. The way you guys kinda make it sound is that Danielson wasn't really protecting himself so that may have helped caused the injury along with the stiff kicks/punches he was taking to the face or head area.

There are ways wrestlers can protect themselves from moves or strikes so they don't get seriously injured, but unfortunaily a lot of wrestlers don't always do that anymore like they should.

Kayfabe?

We all know that's been buried for a long time now.

Huh? You asked why the match was so stiff. That's why.

"Kayfabe" may be dead, but you still have make wrestling fans believe. Both Dragon and Morishima knew beforehand they were going to be beating the shit out of each other because that was the story of the match

Am Drag wrestled Adam Peice up here in the NWA Title Tourney last month. He was light as a feather. He is only stiff if the match goes that way. Morishima is always a stiff bastard. Lets be clear on that.

Coz it's strong style! Headdrops and shoot strikes, that's the way forward man.

This Danielson pirate has potential you know. There's just one thing missing. Do you guys reckon he could grow a beard?

This Danielson pirate has potential you know. There's just one thing missing. Do you guys reckon he could grow a beard?

Didn't Danielson used to have a pirate gimmick back in the northwest? The Dagger or some shit. I remember Jack Evans bringing out a picture of it at Survival of the Fittest 04, trying to embarass Danielson, which in turn caused Danielson to tap Evans to the nastiest bearhug in recorded history.

Didn't Danielson used to have a pirate gimmick back in the northwest? The Dagger or some shit. I remember Jack Evans bringing out a picture of it at Survival of the Fittest 04, trying to embarass Danielson, which in turn caused Danielson to tap Evans to the nastiest bearhug in recorded history.

Danielson always kills that poor guy. I have an ROH video of him nearly bending Evans in half backwards, with some strange Boston Crab variation (he had Evans' legs tucked in what looked like a Texas Cloverleaf, but not), than after the tap, throwing him to the side like a ragdoll.

Guest jotumare

From today's ROH Newswire:

September 12th: We have major news for this Saturday's PPV taping in Chicago. The biggest grudge World Title Match in ROH history has been signed. ROH World Champion Takeshi Morishima will put the belt on the line against former World Champion Bryan Danielson THIS SATURDAY in Chicago. You can now save almost 30% on tickets until tomorrow morning at ROHwrestling.com. As documented in the latest ROH Video Wire, Bryan Danielson suffered a serious eye injury against Morishima during their 8/25 bout in Manhattan and needed emergency surgery. Danielson's doctor told him yesterday that he is recovering quickly and that he will probably be able to wrestle this weekend. Danielson will have one more check up tomorrow just to make sure. However, Danielson said he is feeling great and he wants Morishima back in the ring. Danielson said cannot wait to get Morishima in the ring. Danielson says that Morishima took his vision from him so he will get revenge by ending Morishima's over six month ROH World Title reign. Danielson proved his toughness last year when he wrestled for months with a severely injured shoulder. ROH officials are 100% confident that Danielson is ready to go for this Saturday's epic rematch. We will have more on this bout and another update on Danielson after his latest visit to the doctor in tomorrow's ROHwrestling.com Newswire. It simply doesn't get any bigger than this.

:lol:

Dragon is one tough and crazy mother fukker

i think this waaay to soon for a rematch though, considering that they have another PPV taping in a few more weeks, they could have save it for then....and use this Saturday's taping to warm up the feud.

Or how about have Danielson NOT wrestle. Considering he severely injured one of his EYES on 8/25. Twenty two days is not nearly enough time to recover from the serious injury Danielson received. ROH shouldn't allow one of their founding fathers to perform so quickly after his injury.

Or how about have Danielson NOT wrestle. Considering he severely injured one of his EYES on 8/25. Twenty two days is not nearly enough time to recover from the serious injury Danielson received. ROH shouldn't allow one of their founding fathers to perform so quickly after his injury.

He was cleared by doctors. If the doctor says he can go back out and perform and Danielson feels ready, then he can do his job. ROH isn't forcing Danielson into the match.

King Leonidas: Dilios, I trust that "scratch" hasn't made you useless.

Dilios: Hardly, my lord, it's just an eye. The gods saw fit to grace me with a spare.

King Leonidas: Dilios, I trust that "scratch" hasn't made you useless.

Dilios: Hardly, my lord, it's just an eye. The gods saw fit to grace me with a spare.

THIS. IS. RING OF HONOR! *Roderick Strong kicks Delirious into pit* BUY THE NO REMORSE T-SHIRT!