TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BorneAgain

ECW/Smackdown Spoilers for the 9/4 and 9/7 airings

It's not even a bittersweet deal that Punk won. It's just plain bitter. I mean he was only given the belt because Morrison is suspended.

I forget, why does Morrison have the belt?

Uh cause Chris Benoit went on a killing spree.

Boy, nothing gets past you.

regardles how and why the situation played out. I'am still shocked that CM Punk became a World Champion in the WWE before Samoe Joe in TNA.

when both signed with their respective companies. I thought for sure that Joe would win the World Title eons before Punk.

It's not even a bittersweet deal that Punk won. It's just plain bitter. I mean he was only given the belt because Morrison is suspended.

I forget, why does Morrison have the belt?

Uh cause Chris Benoit went on a killing spree.

Exactly. Punk, while they might have simply sped up the inevitable conclusion of Punk capturing the title at Unforgiven, it just comes off like "This guy went and killed his family, so the company gave this guy the belt, then he went and got himself suspended, so I have the belt, yay!". Not that I'm upset Punk finally has the belt or anything, but they should have put it on him at Summerslam or held off the suspension until Unforgiven with the idea that it's Punk's last chance at the belt, and Morrison has it put in that loser would have to leave ECW. It'd make for a better blowoff that way.

80132971xz8.jpg

What a great pic.

Fail to see how somebody who was handed a belt because the (then) champion was suspended=great picture. Should have given the belt to Burke, he's far more interesting than CM Punk is.

But hey whatever, if you wanna ride his dick, go ahead.

Boy, what a bitter person you are.

Besides, if Burke had gotten the belt wouldn't he just be in the same situation Punk is now? I suppose you wouldn't mind that though.

80132971xz8.jpg

What a great pic.

Fail to see how somebody who was handed a belt because the (then) champion was suspended=great picture. Should have given the belt to Burke, he's far more interesting than CM Punk is.

But hey whatever, if you wanna ride his dick, go ahead.

Perhaps it's a great picture because it's a great visual, and was a well taken shot.

Straight edge means I'm better then you

These words were never truer. Anyways, Batista gets ADDED in to the championship match at Unforgiven? He's be "rewarded' for being on the list?

Punk finally getting the title at a non PPV is unsatisfying to a large extent.

Eh...It's been a while since one of the World Titles changed hands on TV (I think the World Heavyweight did not too long ago, but besides that...), so this will be pretty cool to see.

I just hope this drug thing doesn't derail John Morrison. I think he was starting to grow into his new character and role. Much more interesting than when he was Johnny Nitro, anyway.

We're all missing the true highlight of the night:

- Kenny Dykstra beat Chuck Palumbo via forfeit. This will be edited out of the show as Palumbo's bike didn't start.

Smart move: Dykstra goes to the back "in search of Palumbo" while the bike is fixed; when it is, he hauls out to the ring in it and Dykstra has to comically dash from the locker room to the ring to make the match and avoid a countout.

WWE decision: Dykstra wins by forfeit, and then just have a completely separate match between the two for no apparent reason.

I believe Dykstra and Victoria were in the middle of the ring, Palumbo's music hit but no palumbo, and then Dykstra ad-libbed that no one wanted to face him he was so good and then announced himself winner by forfeit. Pretty decent ad-libbing on his part, given the situation.

80132971xz8.jpg

What a great pic.

This is very true.

80132971xz8.jpg

What a great pic.

This is very true.

But didnt Nitro win the title under the same cicumstances?

80132971xz8.jpg

What a great pic.

This is very true.

Benoit was suspended for being dead?

80132971xz8.jpg

What a great pic.

This is very true.

Why does the reason why CM Punk got the title earlier than planned matter?

I know...the only part of the story we should be worrying about is what they show on camera. On camera Punk just beat Morrison finally. I'm sure there have been countless title changed based on the former champion being a douche and getting punished for it throughout wrestling history, but that part really doesn't matter.

Because Punk's win should have meant something, if he'd have won it at Summerslam it would have been a perfect blow off to the fued. Only know the title win has been hot shotted and he's only got the belt now because of Morrison's suspension. It just feels like there was no blow off to the fued.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Punk got the belt and has truly deserved it, but it shouldn't have been like this.

So since the ECW title came back:

RVD, lost due to drugs bust

Big Show, lost due to retirement

Lashley, stripped as he went to Raw

Morrisson, won it due to Benoit going loco, lost it due to steroids bust

Crazy lineage

So since the ECW title came back:

RVD, lost due to drugs bust

Big Show, lost due to retirement

Lashley, stripped as he went to Raw

Morrisson, won it due to Benoit going loco, lost it due to steroids bust

Crazy lineage

What the hell will Punk do to follow up?

Because Punk's win should have meant something, if he'd have won it at Summerslam it would have been a perfect blow off to the fued. Only know the title win has been hot shotted and he's only got the belt now because of Morrison's suspension. It just feels like there was no blow off to the fued.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Punk got the belt and has truly deserved it, but it shouldn't have been like this.

The only reason why Punk's title win doesn't mean something to some people is because their to caught up in WWE's backstage happenings and politics, inestead of being intrested in the story Morrison and Punk have been telling, which has been a damn good one since Morrison won the title.

So lets say, Morrison didn't get suspended and Punk won the title at Unforgiven, would you have thought diffently about it? It was pretty obvious Punk was most likely going to win the title at Unforgiven anyways, so why does this change anything?

80132971xz8.jpg

What a great pic.

This is very true.

No, I meant that Burke's far more interesting than Punk.

80132971xz8.jpg

What a great pic.

This is very true.

Benoit was suspended for being dead?

you know what i meant...CM Punk had to lose to someone at Vengeance because Benoit had to take care of Family Matters

To be honest a title change on free tv will be seen by more people since the rating for ECW is still 2 times higher than a normal pay-per-views buyrate. Not to mention it's being advertised on WWE.com which might draw in the ROH fan who doesn't watch WWE regularly to tune in and see an ROH alumni get some national success. In the long run this is better in terms of story and character for CM Punk then winning at Unforgiven would be. Now if we were talking about Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble, or even Summerslam I might agree on the win waiting until the pay-per-view.

See, this is why I'm not a big Punk fan anymore. Because so many of his fans are ungrateful, irrational whiners who will apparantly never be satisfied.

So he won the title a few weeks earlier on TV? So what!? I think we're all in agreement that the guys on the suspension list should be punished ASAP, whether we like them or not. Maybe they're going to take time with the World and WWE Title involved guys, maybe they consider the ECW Title less important and able to deal with quickly. Is that right? Probably not. But I can see the logic. What percentage of the fanbase would be purchasing Unforgiven for Punk vs. Morrison and that alone? Honestly? 5%, maybe 10% at a stretch? It was expandable, just like Umaga and Hardy will be Monday.

I've been following Punk's career for 7 years now. He's made it to where he is through hard work and he deserves his moment. He's a 'World' Champion in the WWE. And you don't even have to pay to see it happen. So for crying out loud, quit bitching about every decision made in Punk's career and maybe grateful he's even got the opportunity to be where he is in the first place and ENJOY something for once?

I'm guessing Rey was put into the Unforgiven title match so Khali could pin him to win and then Khali and Batista can have their blowoff match at No Mercy, which allows them to put the title on Undertaker at Survivor Series. Putting the belt on Undertaker at Survivor Series is better than doing it at No Mercy, because he'd win the belt on his 17th anniversary with the company, and it would get over even more.

See, this is why I'm not a big Punk fan anymore. Because so many of his fans are ungrateful, irrational whiners who will apparantly never be satisfied.

So he won the title a few weeks earlier on TV? So what!? I think we're all in agreement that the guys on the suspension list should be punished ASAP, whether we like them or not. Maybe they're going to take time with the World and WWE Title involved guys, maybe they consider the ECW Title less important and able to deal with quickly. Is that right? Probably not. But I can see the logic. What percentage of the fanbase would be purchasing Unforgiven for Punk vs. Morrison and that alone? Honestly? 5%, maybe 10% at a stretch? It was expandable, just like Umaga and Hardy will be Monday.

I've been following Punk's career for 7 years now. He's made it to where he is through hard work and he deserves his moment. He's a 'World' Champion in the WWE. And you don't even have to pay to see it happen. So for crying out loud, quit bitching about every decision made in Punk's career and maybe grateful he's even got the opportunity to be where he is in the first place and ENJOY something for once?

The wrestling internet community is full of whiney little bitches, who have to always find a reason to complain about the WWE. Getting worked up over it is just a waste of time.

I'm guessing Rey was put into the Unforgiven title match so Khali could pin him to win and then Khali and Batista can have their blowoff match at No Mercy, which allows them to put the title on Undertaker at Survivor Series. Putting the belt on Undertaker at Survivor Series is better than doing it at No Mercy, because he'd win the belt on his 17th anniversary with the company, and it would get over even more.

I believe the plan is to give Batista the belt, and have Edge beat him for it when he returns.

I believe the plan is to give Batista the belt, and have Edge beat him for it when he returns.

It's supposed to be going from Khali to Undertaker who'll defend against Edge at Wrestlemania.