TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

2007 NFL Survivor Pool

I'd say Pittsburgh over Cleveland is pretty safe.

That's the only match up I felt good about.

Ditto

Guest Vitamin X

I was going to say Pittsburgh over Cleveland looks safe, but the Steelers' offense looks like ass so far in preseason.. And the Browns, if anything, have an okay enough defense to maybe keep it close.

I don't feel confident about any of the games on Sunday, but that's the closest. Seattle over Tampa and Denver over Buffalo are close, as is San Fran over Arizona.

I feel safe about Seattle over Tampa.

This is about the only one I feel good about besides maybe KC over Houston or Denver over Buffalo.

Guest Vitamin X

KC is fielding a terrible team this year, and LJ held out for a long time before finally coming into camp. 90% of the time, that usually means he'll get a knee injury and be out for the year, plus he just came off a 400+ carry season. What do the Chiefs have going for them?

At least Houston has a defense. I think that's a tough game to call, personally.

I'm fairly confident that Dallas will beat New York.

All signs point to a YAY on that, but as a Redskins fan, NFC East divisional games scare the shit outta me with their unpredictablity

Guest Vitamin X
JAX over Tennessee?

Vince Young, plus both teams can be very unpredictable.

All signs point to a YAY on that, but as a Redskins fan, NFC East divisional games scare the shit outta me with their unpredictablity

Maybe, but between the Cowboys and Giants, it's all going to come down to who's shittier. Don't forget the Cowboys have Wade Phillips coaching now instead of Bill Parcells. Major, major downgrade. And the Giants no longer have Tiki Barber.

I only see one game on the schedule that I am remotely confident about and no one else here has even mentioned it. People picking road teams is baffling to me.

Michigan lost to App State! Home field means nothing.

I only see one game on the schedule that I am remotely confident about and no one else here has even mentioned it. People picking road teams is baffling to me.

I'm pretty sure that it's Minnesota over Atlanta, and I just don't know enough about Jackson to make such a pick.

KC is fielding a terrible team this year, and LJ held out for a long time before finally coming into camp. 90% of the time, that usually means he'll get a knee injury and be out for the year, plus he just came off a 400+ carry season. What do the Chiefs have going for them?

At least Houston has a defense. I think that's a tough game to call, personally.

I'd always pick against Houston until they prove me wrong. I'm not saying that KC will be GOOD this year, but I think they can pull this one out of their ass.

JAX over Tennessee?

Vince Young, plus both teams can be very unpredictable.

Maybe, but between the Cowboys and Giants, it's all going to come down to who's shittier. Don't forget the Cowboys have Wade Phillips coaching now instead of Bill Parcells. Major, major downgrade. And the Giants no longer have Tiki Barber.

I think Dallas is pretty good team, and I don't think much of New York. So I'd call it an upset if New York wins.

I picked the Lions over the Raiders myself. I remember winning a similar contest on here a few years ago taking similar risks, so I figure it couldn't hurt. Worst case scenario is that I have another "Fuckin' Lions!" story to tell people. Best case is that I get through week 1 without using up any team of note. I can't lose.

Yeah, I'm pretty confident the Seattle will win their match but I don't want to waste them in the first round. I'm currently considering going with the Rams. The argument could be made that it might be worth picking Seattle as at least that way I'm probably going through to the next round rather than possibly being knocked out.

I went with Denver in week 1, for what it's worth.

I'm staying far away from Denver this week. Not after the last two years, where they opened on the road against inferior opponents both times and didn't even bother to show up.

I agree with saving the "obvious wins". Take a questionable game, make a call and hope for the best. Save the NE, Denver, Indy and Chicago level teams for the later part of the season to assure some saftey.