TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathon

Ghostbusters...

I just saw the first two movies for the first time, and I love 'em! Murray is pure gold in these.

I vaguely remember the cartoon from back in the day, and some of the mythos were coming back to me while watching these.

"Because no HUMAN could ever stack books like these."

"You're scaring the straights."

Ackroyd wants desperately to make a third, but I don't know if it'll happen like I want it to (possible all CG movie)

This will just de-evolve into a thread of people posting quotes from the films-

I have no problem with this

"Ray has gone bye-bye Egon, what have you got"

"Sorry Peter, I'm petrified beyond the capacity for rational thought"

"I think we should split up."

"Good idea...we can do more damage that way."

Incidentally, I read on Wikipedia (and I'm not saying that they're always right) that a few of the actors have signed on again to once again try to make a Ghostbusters 3.

Though I personally don't expect things to pan out.

Dr. Egon Spengler: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.

Dr. Peter Venkman: What?

Dr. Egon Spengler: Don't cross the streams.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Why?

Dr. Egon Spengler: It would be bad.

Dr. Peter Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, "bad"?

Dr. Egon Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Dr Ray Stantz: Total protonic reversal.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.

I just saw the first two movies for the first time, and I love 'em!

A few years ago I watched these two films for the first time since I was a kid and realized all the adult humor that shot over my head back in the day.

I had the same experience with the Back to the Future movies a few years back.

They need to make a new Ghostbusters video game, a free roaming one kinda like the last 2 Spider-Man games would be good where you can do the main storyline missions or go around doing random ghostbusting missions.

Supposedly Evolution started as a Ghostbusters 3, but things fell through and the movie was heavily re-written.

And the new game looks fun: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/gho...tml?sid=6165346

Wasn't that just supposed to be some tech demo?

Check the link. They did plan to make a game out of it , but there were issues with the licensing . That seems to be sorted out and Ackroyd's going to be involved. Next year it will be released.

Glad to hear that Ghostbusters game is going into production.

*Venkman check's Dana's fridge*

Venkman: Oh, my *God*. Look at all the junk food!

Dana: Oh, dammit. Look, this wasn't here...

Venkman: You actually eat this?

Dana: Look, this wasn't here! There was *nothing* here! There was this... space! And there was a building or something with flames coming out of it, and there were creatures writhing around, and they were growling and snarling. And there were flames, and I heard a voice say "Zuul"! It was right here.

Venkman: Well, I'm sorry, I'm just not getting any reading.

Dana Barrett: Well, are you sure you're using that thing correctly?

Venkman: Well, I... I think so, but I'm sure there are no animals in there.

Venkman: We've been going about this all wrong, this Mr. Stay Puft's okay, he's a sailor, he's in New York, we get this guy laid we won't have any trouble (this is probably one of my favourite lines now but I didn't even get it in the 80s).

They want to make a part 3, but Murray is holding out for whatever reason. Probably because it will suck.

Wikipedia says (with some reference I didn't check) that the move to a CGI movie eliminated Bill's decision to not do a live-action sequel. He loves voicing CGI characters, afterall.

During his interview with CISN Country, Dan Aykroyd announced that Ghostbusters III: Hellbent will be CGI. "I can do all the things I wanted to do for much, much less money," he stated. Aykroyd wrote the script, which was described by IGN as being "too technical", with a new team of Ghostbusters that were not clearly delineated and had no group conflict or leading personalities.[19] Bill Murray has been thought to have held up the making of a third Ghostbusters movie, despite Aykroyd's enthusiasm, due to his desire not to do another live action movie and his dislike of sequels.[20] However, he has now signed on to make the movie now that it will be CGI.[21] Harold Ramis is already attached. Sigourney Weaver has not expressed enthusiasm at doing another sequel.[22] Harold Ramis mentioned in 2005 that he wanted Ben Stiller to take Bill Murray's part in the then titled Ghostbusters in Hell.[23][24] The plot was to follow the three Ghostbusters attempting to find a replacement for Bill Murray's character while dealing with ghosts rejected from hell.[25] Aykroyd later elaborated, now that Murray is on board, that in the movie "We go to the hell side of Manhattan, downtown, Foley Square. It's all where the cops are--they are all blue minotaurs. Central Park is this huge peat mine with green demons there, surrounded by black onyx thousand-foot high apartment buildings with classic red devils, very wealthy. We go and visit a Donald Trump-like character who is Mr. Sifler. Luke Sifler. Lu-cifer. So we meet the devil in it".[26] Jason Reitman, the son of Ghostbusters director Ivan Reitman, has stated little interest in directing the movie.[27]

"Are you Alice, menstrating right now?"

"What has that got to do with it?"

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."

Wikipedia says (with some reference I didn't check) that the move to a CGI movie eliminated Bill's decision to not do a live-action sequel. He loves voicing CGI characters, afterall.

During his interview with CISN Country, Dan Aykroyd announced that Ghostbusters III: Hellbent will be CGI. "I can do all the things I wanted to do for much, much less money," he stated. Aykroyd wrote the script, which was described by IGN as being "too technical", with a new team of Ghostbusters that were not clearly delineated and had no group conflict or leading personalities.[19] Bill Murray has been thought to have held up the making of a third Ghostbusters movie, despite Aykroyd's enthusiasm, due to his desire not to do another live action movie and his dislike of sequels.[20] However, he has now signed on to make the movie now that it will be CGI.[21] Harold Ramis is already attached. Sigourney Weaver has not expressed enthusiasm at doing another sequel.[22] Harold Ramis mentioned in 2005 that he wanted Ben Stiller to take Bill Murray's part in the then titled Ghostbusters in Hell.[23][24] The plot was to follow the three Ghostbusters attempting to find a replacement for Bill Murray's character while dealing with ghosts rejected from hell.[25] Aykroyd later elaborated, now that Murray is on board, that in the movie "We go to the hell side of Manhattan, downtown, Foley Square. It's all where the cops are--they are all blue minotaurs. Central Park is this huge peat mine with green demons there, surrounded by black onyx thousand-foot high apartment buildings with classic red devils, very wealthy. We go and visit a Donald Trump-like character who is Mr. Sifler. Luke Sifler. Lu-cifer. So we meet the devil in it".[26] Jason Reitman, the son of Ghostbusters director Ivan Reitman, has stated little interest in directing the movie.[27]

Man, this has to happen.

"I like her because she's a client and she sleeps above her covers. Four feet above her covers!"

No Erie Hudson=No Go

Ernie was at Horrorfind this year giving out and signing Twinkies some fan left for him. The one year I can't go is the coolest year ever. That's my way of agreeing with you, even though he was mostly in the background of part 1 and found his way into the background of part 2 after starting out in a more active role.

As for the CGI movie, a lot of that sounds really really bad. I'm fine with a CGI sequel but the stuff he is describing sounds a little bit boring and lame.

i'm not sure how to feel about a totally cgi sequel but then again, i'm not sure how they would go about filming a sequel with a new cast. i guess a cgi sequel is the better choice but still, i'm kinda skeptical

I thought people were really keen on Ghostbusters3 having Owen and Luke Wilson and co taking over the business, that would have been pretty cool.

And welcome to the world of Ghostbusters OP!