TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

NFL Week 2 Grizzled Cheese Chat Thread

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Grizzled cheese? I wanted this week to be "NFL Week 2 Dive Bar Simply Named "Old Style" Chat," to keep with the theme of places where one ought to watch a Bears game, or game of your choosing.

Redskins @ Eagles is a hard game to pick.

Eagles Defense is good enough to give a young QB fits, but the Redskins will probably pound the rock down their throats in order to limit Campbell's 3rd and long situations. Campbell didn't particularly have a good game last week, but it wasn't bad either. He showed why he only has seven starts, but also showed enough to believe he will be something special in the future. To me the Wildcard is Philly's offense. Was it just rust against the Packers, because I know the Redskins defense is a hell of a lot better then Green Bays, or is McNabb finally losing too many of the weapons he has had in the past...!?! Who knows, but my burgandy & gold blinders are enough to have me pick the Skins this week....

Redskins 20

Eagles 17

Looks like Chad Pennington's not going to be able to start this Sunday. As if this wasn't a tough enough game already, now Kellen Clemens has to make his first career NFL start against what is arguably the NFL's strongest defense. Not gonna be pretty.

Colts/Titans should be an interesting game on Sunday. Recall that last year the Colts won by 1 in Indy and the Titans got that insane FG in Nashville to win at the buzzer. Will Vince Young keep it up or are the Colts just going to make the Titans their bitch?

LT gonna fuck your shit up New England. Moss gonna be a non factor, and Brady prepare to face the greatness of the Slam Diego D

Is this a serious post? I think New England can slow down LT, but not as well as Chicago did. I hope Merriman eats Brady for dinner though.

Well, the idiot Jet fans who cheered Pennington getting hurt should be happy.

Haha, I was watching the game at the sports bar with no sound, so I didn't even get to hear that. Morons.

Well, the idiot Jet fans who cheered Pennington getting hurt should be happy.

Haha, I was watching the game at the sports bar with no sound, so I didn't even get to hear that. Morons.

It was horrible. Pennington saving a timeout by limping off the field and they're cheering. That pissed me off. You're lucky you didn't have to hear that crap.

I can understand the Jets fans frustration though. Chad Pennington is not probably a QB that can lead them over the hump. Sure he went to the playoffs last season, but that could be a fluke. The fact is he looked lost against the Patriots that was missing Seymour and Harrison. Now this is not to excuse their cheering a supposedly injured Jet.

When he hasn't been hurt, he's always gone to the playoffs. If it weren't for Doug Brien, they would've gone to the AFC Title game a few years ago. The dude wins. And it wasn't his fault we got beat down by New England either (last Sunday, or in the playoffs/he didn't look lost, he actually had a good game, with no running game).

You're right. I didn't look at his stats for Sunday (16 out of 21 for 167 yards and 2 TDs/0 INTs). That's not bad. I guess they want someone more "dynamic" that "creates" plays when needed to be. What I find odd is that the Jets' most famous and beloved quarterback is the guy that they probably would be booing if he played in today's era. Guess a brash guarantee can make or break a guy's career ("We want the ball and we're gonna score!" would attest to that).

Yeah, I could understand that mindset, but I wanna see the defense get it together first. I don't even know if Clemens could be that guy, but we'll see. And yeah, Namath was like Chad except worse.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

From watching the Philly game, the GB defense looked quite good, actually. Fuckers.

Is it wrong that I like the Niners a bunch, this season? Good young athletic QB, good coach, good lunchpail type of RB, and more young talent on the offensive side of the ball. I still hate Walt Harris, though.

Well my comment on Washington's Defense compared to Green Bay was based on more then Week 1 performances. Two out of the last three years Washington has had a Defense in the Top 10, and in the offseason they added London Fletcher, Fred Smoot, Shawn Springs and Marcus Washington got healthy, and they drafted Laron Landry(who is one of the favs for rookie defensive player of the year)who has become an immediate starter.

From watching the Philly game, the GB defense looked quite good, actually. Fuckers.

Is it wrong that I like the Niners a bunch, this season? Good young athletic QB, good coach, good lunchpail type of RB, and more young talent on the offensive side of the ball. I still hate Walt Harris, though.

Well, if all you watched was the last two minutes of the game on MNF, then yeah that comment is justified, however for the first three and a half quarters, the Niners offense was MISERABLE.

I don't know. I think Green Bay's defense is very underrated and I dare say almost an elite defense.

The Packers do have an elite defense.

Well yeah I thought so, but I wasn't sure about the numbers so I hedged my bets on that.

I don't know. I think Green Bay's defense is very underrated and I dare say almost an elite defense.

The Packers do have an elite defense.

Well yeah I thought so, but I wasn't sure about the numbers so I hedged my bets on that.

There is still a lot of youth and mistakes are going to happen, but the Packers should be a top 5 defense this year. Check what the guys at Pro Football Prospectus have to say on the matter. They are extremely high on the Packers D this year. It's the offense that is full of question marks.

Shit. Not only do I NOT get to see the Carolina game, but THAT game has Gus Johnson and I'm stuck with Solomon Wilcots and the Pittsburgh Steelers v. That Kevin Everett Team.

That's gotta be screwed up, why would they send Johnson AND Steve Tasker? Tasker was a Bill for god's sake.

And can someone tell me why there's only one game on FOX? Is it some sort of rule that you only get one late game?