TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
treble

30 Rock

"Did you just try to control my body with your white hands?"

"This has nothing to do with my childhood. I collect cookie jars because we had no cookie jars growing up. We had no cookie jars because mom didn't bake. Mom didn't bake because she didn't think we deserved cookies".

"The jar says 'mom'"

"I've always viewed it as an upside down 'wow'"

My favorite line was when Earl said "Randy only uses a 17 letter alphabit, so I was a little surprised that he could write a better story than me."

I thought that the Randy story was good and fit his character perfectly. The rest were kind of throw away bits, IMO, although the Darnell song made me think of Flight of the Conchords, which is good, I guess.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
30 Rock was great. Man, "Super Computer" (1975-1975) sure spun off a lot of shows.

I wish they had made a reference to Supertrain instead, one of the all-time television failures back from NBC's nadir. It was The Love Boat. On a train. And the train had a mall.

30 Rock was funny this week, but the show still isn't that good. Most of the episodes this year have been depressingly bad

30 Rocc is great, they have pretty much swept up the bullshit that My Name Is Earl has dropped, I don't watch The Office though since I watch "The First 48" on A&E so I guess my opinion is null and void.

I think it's been pretty good this season, but I really don't like these Cops episodes. Really, none of the flashback episodes they've done over the past 2 seasons are that great compared to the regular ones.

Guest Pizza Hut's Game Face

I can't do hour-long Earl, I guess. Just lost interest.

I still enjoy the Earl episodes, but they clearly didn't have enough prison material to fill up the season, so they are stretching it out with flashbacks and other stuff. I figured Ribisi's character would have been recaptured by now, and they would have a few more people Earl needed to help in jail. I really thought this would be a good time to have Earl not be able to help people during the same show and change up the formula just a smidge.

I can understand why they needed to do flashback episodes last season, with Pressly being pregnant, but I think they can cut it out now. Speaking of that, when is Joy going to crank out that kid?

The writer's do seem to have quickly tired of "Earl in Prison". They've found a way to get Earl out of prison in half the episodes this season(flashback, fantasy sequences, etc.).

But what's with Darnell's grandmother living in Camden? Kinda goes against his whole witness protection storyline..

Didn't they have a flashback to Darnell living with her in Season 1? Regardless, that and his Family being at his and Joy's wedding is an inconsistancy they've never explained.

It was good to see Mimi, Timothy Stack and Mike O'Malley. MNIE is almost like the Simpsons in terms of the number of characters who make regular appearances.

The Cops episode was funny..but..it would have been better in 2 parts on seperate nights instead of all at once.

Next week is an Earl in Prison episode..