TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest solanoz

The Amazing Red

Guest solanoz

I never really watched TNA but only a few matches involving "The Amazing Red", he's one of my favourite wrestlers, so I was wondering if somebody knew where he is now? Is he in a new promotion? I've tried Google but I haven't found anything current. :(

I know he had been injured a few times and had to take a long break. Has he retired from wrestling?

Just taking a year off. I'd like to know how he's going to pull off his signature spots with a knee that has a lot of wear and tear on it.

Guest solanoz

Does he have like a official site or myspace (I know quite a few wrestlers have these)? I had found a MySpace which seemed official but I think it closed or something.

Last I heard Amazing Red has been pretty much phased out from most indys due to his style being so spotty, and there being workers who are able to work that style better while adding some story to a match at the same time. Plus as it's been said his knee was pretty fucked up, but I will say I enjoyed a few of his matches myself. A match from ROH with Low Ki in particular sticks out in my mind.

Guest solanoz

Oh... :(

I'm still hoping to somehow see him live someday or at least meet him for picture or something. But I doubt he'd ever come here. Only WWE comes here and I think TNA once or twice came to Australia, but... yeah... since he's no longer with them, even if they did come, I doubt he'd be on the card or anything. I read that he was like a coach in a wrestling school somewhere, but I don't know if it's true.

On a PWInsider hotline a while back they discussed Red and he's basically out of wrestling right now and working as a janitor at a NYC school. At least until he can hopefully heal up and all.

Guest solanoz

A janitor at a NYC school? You mean like a cleaner in a school? (NYC, does this mean New York City?)

A janitor at a NYC school? You mean like a cleaner in a school? (NYC, does this mean New York City?)

Yes and yes, you glorious Victorian schnozz.

Go and look at Jerry Lynn's myspace page... he has a spot with Red where he delivers the cradle piledriver and Red just goes sailing through the air like he's a rag doll.... funniest thing I have seen in a wrestling match in a while.

And if you want to find matches of his, just youtube him, I'm pretty sure he has a few on there, including the awesome match with Low Ki Buzz mentioned.

Definitely look for the 6-man from TNA with the SATs vs. Triple X. Apparently the office misplanned the structure of the show that night. Red & co. were main eventing, and they rather suddenly found out that they had to go twice as long as they'd planned for. Well, when in doubt, beat the shit out of Red for ten minutes, and that's exactly what XXX did. Hell of a match, and also the one where Don West literally stood up on top of the announce table and started screaming for the babyfaces.

I hope Red heals up and can continue with his career, because he had as much raw talent as anyone else I've ever seen. I don't know if I ever exchanged more than two words with Red, then again, I don't know if anyone ever did, he was so damned shy and quiet. Also he had the weirdest hair, under that dewrag lurked a Carrottopesque nest of curly red locks. Strangest damn thing, that hair on a Puerto Rican.

Guest solanoz
And if you want to find matches of his, just youtube him, I'm pretty sure he has a few on there, including the awesome match with Low Ki Buzz mentioned.

I pretty much saw everything there is on Red on Youtube, Dailymotion and some other similar sites lol

Unfortunately there is no promo of him. Don't even know what his voice sounds like. :ph34r:

I kinda wanna know more about the person really.

Thanks for the replies guys. If ever anybody knows anything more... please do post. :)

Like, does anybody knows the name of that school he works at? I wonder if we can send fanmail through them or something. I tried with TNA but they don't do that with wrestlers not on their roster anymore or something like that. :(

Try e-mailing someone from PWInsider or the Observer or Figure Four Weekly. They may be able to point you in the right direction.

I pretty much saw everything there is on Red on Youtube, Dailymotion and some other similar sites lol

Unfortunately there is no promo of him. Don't even know what his voice sounds like. :ph34r:

Thanks for the replies guys. If ever anybody knows anything more... please do post. :)

Like, does anybody knows the name of that school he works at? I wonder if we can send fanmail through them or something. I tried with TNA but they don't do that with wrestlers not on their roster anymore or something like that. :(

Jesus, sounds like you have a crush on the guy. We may have another WP on our hands.

Guest solanoz

Jesus, sounds like you have a crush on the guy. We may have another WP on our hands.

Actually, yes, I do think he's good looking. Definitely my type of guy. :)

Guest bleedingmonk

If you can find the TNA weekly PPV's for download on one of the first 20 episodes they did a little interview with him not much but a little one.

Definitely look for the 6-man from TNA with the SATs vs. Triple X. Apparently the office misplanned the structure of the show that night. Red & co. were main eventing, and they rather suddenly found out that they had to go twice as long as they'd planned for. Well, when in doubt, beat the shit out of Red for ten minutes, and that's exactly what XXX did. Hell of a match, and also the one where Don West literally stood up on top of the announce table and started screaming for the babyfaces.

Of all the stupid things that Don West does, I marked the fuck out during this match. At the time, I had never seen an announcer get so into a match that he stood on the table, leading the fans to cheer for Red during that beating. A great moment in early TNA.

Yeah I quite liked Red's early TNA work, but then I prefer that early TNA stuff in Nashville to the prepackaged Orlando stuff complete with the douchebag crowd.

Red wrestled for an indy fed in NY that I used to go to all the time. I used to hang out in a wrestling store by my college and the owner of the store ran the fed. I would hang out there with friends for hours on end and every so ofter some of the wrestlers would come in. Red, SAT and others. My friend and I had a good conversation with SAT and Red was basically to himself. He was very nice and spoke to us, but he didn't say a lot. I thought both Red and SAT were good for what they were, and indy versions of RVD. If you like spot-fests then they are right up your alley. I'm more into wrestlers that tell a story in the ring. I enjoyed their matches for what they were.

Red wrestled for an indy fed in NY that I used to go to all the time. I used to hang out in a wrestling store by my college and the owner of the store ran the fed. I would hang out there with friends for hours on end and every so ofter some of the wrestlers would come in. Red, SAT and others. My friend and I had a good conversation with SAT and Red was basically to himself. He was very nice and spoke to us, but he didn't say a lot. I thought both Red and SAT were good for what they were, and indy versions of RVD. If you like spot-fests then they are right up your alley. I'm more into wrestlers that tell a story in the ring. I enjoyed their matches for what they were.

I didn't read your post ... I saw your Halloween III signature and I, finally, for once, felt good...

what can I do for you?

What fed and what store?

What fed and what store?

The store was in Queens and called The Ultimate. The owner ran a fed originally called UCW, then he found out it was copy-written so he changed it to ICW. It was fun to go to and talk to the wrestlers. He girlfriend then made him choose the fed or her, so he shut down the fed. Plus he was known for not paying the wrestlers from what I know. He closed the store, but then reopened it in College Point about 2 years later.

Ahh, I know who you're talking about. That's Jac Sabboth. I used to go to the UCW/ICW shows at the Elks Lodge, which is where I first got introduced to guys like Low-Ki, Homicide, Xavier, etc. I had to go to the store once to get advanced tickets...it was a pretty cool place. Just hard to get to.

Dames

Guest RyanRider

I miss Amazing Red, he destroyed his body for pennies in the early days of TNA...they should have kept him on the payroll.

Ahh, I know who you're talking about. That's Jac Sabboth. I used to go to the UCW/ICW shows at the Elks Lodge, which is where I first got introduced to guys like Low-Ki, Homicide, Xavier, etc. I had to go to the store once to get advanced tickets...it was a pretty cool place. Just hard to get to.

Dames

That is exactly it. He was a nice guy when I was talking to him. He really did have love for wrestling. I got a lot of videos from him as well. It would have been cool is he kept the fed alive since it was really the only fed running in Queens. Now I have to go to Deer Park in LI, or out to NJ, and I don't feel like commuting.