TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 10/2 - 10/7

Unbelievable. I can't even begin to imagine why Meyer waited THIRTY FUCKING SECONDS to call that timeout. That's Zook like.

I can't even explain how angry I am right now. The fact that the Hester 4th and 1 play wasn't even reviewed is highway robbery.

It's a coach thing......they all go old school and think they're gonna get the stop.

I don't think they'd have overturned the 4th down spot, it was so borderline.

Fuck.................

Great to see the refs wanted to see lsu win. Overturning the call on the out of bounds play, no calling pass interference, letting time run off the clock, not calling delay of game when lsu layed on top of the Florida receiver after the catch for 6 yds...... Kinda reminded me of the Cowboys vs bears game on SNF.

And 30 fucking seconds.......... are you serious?

I really have no idea what is going on with Florida's coaching lately. The past two games, it's been mind blowingly bad playcalling, and silly decisions (waiting 30+ seconds to call a timeout, WTF?) I think Meyer got very cocky thinking the defense would stop LSU, but even still, complete bone head decision.

I think Florida should have won this game by two touchdowns or more. The fumble by Moore was costly, but once again, conservative ass playcalling costs Florida a huge game.

I think Florida loses probably one, maybe two more games before the season's out.

Hats off to LSU though, I think they win the national championship with ease at this point. They've got a few teams that could give them some trouble, but this game showed their character and congrats to them.

Great game tonight.

Florida's schedule till the end

10/20 at #8 Kentucky TBD

10/27 at #12 Georgia 3:30 PM

11/03 Vanderbilt TBD

11/10 at #11 S Carolina TBD

11/17 FAU TBD

11/24 Florida St 5:00 PM

lsu's

10/13 at #8 Kentucky 3:30 PM

10/20 Auburn 8:00 PM

11/03 at Alabama 5:00 PM

11/10 La Tech 8:00 PM

11/17 at Ole Miss TBD

11/23 Arkansas 3:30 PM

Hopefully auburn can upset lsu if kentucky cant.

Florida's got 2 tough games right after this loss. Hopefully we can get it together and at least get to a bowl game.

Ah well, the week wasn't a total loss. At least USC managed to embarrass themselves worse than U of L has at any point this year (which takes some doing, believe me). They were favored by 40 in that game tonight, which I found insane to begin with. I figured they would win by like 28, but 40???

There were other positives. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Rutgers eat a dick again, now Cincy is going to beat the piss out of U of L next week. That one won't be pretty at all.

It was also nice seeing Wisconsin finally go down. That said who is left to take out OSU? This is starting to disturb me greatly.

Ah well, the week wasn't a total loss. At least USC managed to embarrass themselves worse than U of L has at any point this year (which takes some doing, believe me). They were favored by 40 in that game tonight, which I found insane to begin with. I figured they would win by like 28, but 40???

There were other positives. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Rutgers eat a dick again, now Cincy is going to beat the piss out of U of L next week. That one won't be pretty at all.

It was also nice seeing Wisconsin finally go down. That said who is left to take out OSU? This is starting to disturb me greatly.

Michigan will fuck it all up and throw everything into a gigantic mess.

Heh, USC was way overrated this year anyway. Their skill players are green and need another year to develop. John David Booty is a fucking fraud and the media onslaught in LA will commence with Bill Plashcke firing the first shot. Their defense while good still, didnt come up big tonight at all. This year is the real rebuilding year for USC. What kills me is that if USC beat UCLA last year, I have no doubt that USC would have beat Ohio State. I don't know why this team was rated number one in the polls, but I guess repution is what matter in college football.

At least UCLA lost tonight. Fire Karl Dorell, NOW

Gotta give Stanford credit. Came into the belly of the beast and didnt buckle like many other teams would have. Kept it close and made the plays in the end to pull of the great upset. This win is HUGE for the program and hopefully Stanford can be a little more competetive in the Pac 10

Ah well, the week wasn't a total loss. At least USC managed to embarrass themselves worse than U of L has at any point this year (which takes some doing, believe me).

No sorry. Louisville is still more embarrassing seeing how they lost to Syracuse, Utah and Kentucky (who South Carolina exposed) and probably will lose 3-4 more games this year. If you mean by the fact that USC was higher ranked and lost to a bottom feeder, then yeah but Louisville had the same kind of loss (to Syracuse). That said, Cal probably wins the conference and faces LSU in the national title game.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

I don't follow college football, so I don't know the score or any of that, but is there any chance that Wisconsin's loss is somehow less of a loss in the style of their wins being less than a win? Or was this a really lossy loss? I have a lot of buddies at Madison and it would break their color-coordinated hearts if their season was just ended by the school that mourns the loss of a white kid in an Indian costume.

Still putting out my Top 25:

(previous week's rank in parenthesis)

1. LSU 6-0 (1)

2. Ohio State 6-0 (4)

3. California 5-0 (3)

4. Oregon 4-1 (6)

5. South Florida 6-0 (5)

6. Missouri 5-0 (15)

7. Boston College 6-0 (7)

8. Oklahoma 5-1 (8)

9. South Carolina 5-1 (11)

10. West Virginia 5-1 (10)

11. Cincinnatti 6-0 (14)

12. Florida 4-2 (17)

13. Kansas 5-0 (24)

14. Southern Cal 5-1 (2)

15. Illinois 5-1 (25)

16. Arizona State 6-0 (16)

17. Kentucky 5-1 (9)

18. Virginia Tech 5-1 (NR)

19. Auburn 4-2 (21)

20. Tennessee 3-2 (NR)

21. Florida State 4-1 (19)

22. Wisconsin 5-1 (13)

23. Texas 4-2 (23)

24. Georgia 4-2 (12)

25. Mississippi State 4-2 (NR)

Close: Wyoming, Boise State, Virginia, UConn, Colorado, Kansas State, Michigan

Let's assume that LSU runs the table...any guess as to who plays them in the BCS Championship Game?

Ohio State's definitely the favorite at this point. They've still got 4 reasonably tough games (at Penn State, Wisc, Ill, at Mich), but they should be favored in all four.

I still haven't figured out why the Badgers decided to go with a Brett Favre-style downfield passing scheme almost the entire 2nd half. Yeah, Hill was banged up but he was still going & the 3rd string guy was doing alright. At least trying the running game seemed like a decent concept.

Probably going to be like 15 or below with that.

Czech - Even Badger wins are pretty lossy.

I'd be lying if I said I was surprised that USC would lose a game this year. I knew that would happen. I'm not shocked, honestly. I'm only pissed off at Booty.

I'd also be lying if I said I thought we would lose to Stanford. John David Booty can eat a pile of shit. That said, at least we lost to a team with a win. Haha, UCLA.

1. USC losing to Stanford helped make my day.

I already liked Jim Harbaugh for giving Michigan shit earlier this years about the academic programs it tracks its players into, then he and Carroll got into it this week.

2. Urban, the 4th-and-1 play with Hester for the TD WAS reviewed in the stadium, though I'm not sure that's the 4th down play you were screaming about. (I'm not going back to track time-stamps against the game-clock.)

3. Wisconsin's loss is a "lossy-loss" because they've looked like shit all year on defense, so they had to win out in order to get ANY respect.

Losing to an Illinois team coached by the Zooker pretty much kills their respect unless they can upset Ohio State.

4. Boston College will have problems with Virginia Tech this year, either when they play them the first time or in the likely re-match in the ACC CG.

It's not that V-Tech has an offense that's worth a shit as much as their defense can possibly shut down their QB, Ryan, and make them have a VERY long day.

5. If South Florida gets past Cincy in a few weeks, they're undefeated for the year. It still depends on the computers and polls whether they'll get a BCS title game bid, though. (If 2 of LSU, Cal, Ohio State, and Boston College are undefeated, they'll get in over South Florida.)

6. Ohio State looked good this week in smacking Purdue around, but I still feel they'll lose to someone like Illinois or Wisconsin.

5. If South Florida gets past Cincy in a few weeks, they're undefeated for the year. It still depends on the computers and polls whether they'll get a BCS title game bid, though. (If 2 of LSU, Cal, Ohio State, and Boston College are undefeated, they'll get in over South Florida.)

They have to get to Cincy undefeated first. Their next three games (UCF, at UConn, and at Rutgers) are all losable. Remember, they didn't put Florida Atlantic away until the final minute today. As soon as they try to overlook anyone, they're going to get tagged. Also, Louisville's not going to be anywhere near as bad as they were this week if they ever get healthy.

UCF is iffy... They looked good against Texas but EVERYONE has looked good at Texas this year.

UConn has played a lot of shitty teams so far, so I'm debating whether they can pull it off.

Rutgers has the talent, but apparently not the mind-set to pull it off this year. (They're believing too much of their own hype, thinking they can roll teams like Maryland and Cincy just by showing up.)

Guest huss
Colt Brennan went down with a knee injury...not sure how serious it is.

Amazingly Graunke came in and his numbers don't look nearly as horrible as they've been before.

2. Urban, the 4th-and-1 play with Hester for the TD WAS reviewed in the stadium, though I'm not sure that's the 4th down play you were screaming about. (I'm not going back to track time-stamps against the game-clock.)

It was the one before that, when they came out and measured.

The funny thing is that the LSU crowd actually thought Hester got a bad spot on that from the ref, which almost cost them the 1st down.

(They only got it by a football length.)

The MTSU game was hilarious. We're retards on the road, but got it done. Considering I didn't think we'd have 5 wins all year after the Wyoming debacle, I'll take 5-1 anyway I can get it.

One more win, and the Cavs are bowl eligible. Might as well do that at home next week against UConn.

Harley Quinn's FCS Rankings

Notes: Montana holds onto the top spot with a hard fought win over Eastern Washington but I'm just waiting for them to falter. New Hampshire stays at 13 mainly due to their record and their inability to play any defense whatsoever it seems, even if the competition is very stout. They had a 21-3 lead at halftime at one point and nearly let Delaware win. Nicholls State, San Diego, and Yale all make big jumps due to record and strong showings all season (esp. Nicholls State). Alabama A&M gets ranked after a big win over Southern while Sam Houston State and Eastern Illinois are both on the verge of getting knocked out of the rankings.

1: Montana (5-0) - Won over Eastern Washington 24-23 [1]

2: Massachusetts (4-1) - Off Week [2]

3: Northern Iowa (5-0) - Off Week [3]

4: North Dakota State (4-0) - Off Week [4]

5: Appalachian State (5-1) - Won over Gardner-Webb 45-7 [5]

6: McNeese State (5-0) - Won over Texas State 41-20 [6]

7: Southern Illinois (6-0) - Won over 10 Youngstown State 24-17 [7]

8: Wofford (5-1) - Won over Citadel 28-7 [8]

9: James Madison (5-1) - Won over Northeastern 21-14 [9]

10: Hofstra (5-0) - Won over Maine 38-13 [12]

11: Youngstown State (4-2) - Lost to 7 Southern Illinois 24-17 [10]

12: Delaware (5-1) - Lost to 13 New Hampshire 35-30 [11]

13: New Hampshire (3-2) - Won over 11 Delaware 35-30 [13]

14: Yale (4-0) - Won over Dartmouth 50-10 [18]

15: Montana State (4-1) - Won over Southern Utah 7-3 [14]

16: Nicholls State (4-1) - Won over Northwestern State 58-0 [22]

17: Delaware State (4-1) - Won over Bethune-Cookman 24-10 [19]

18: San Diego (5-0) - Won over Valparaiso 41-27 [23]

19: Western Illinois (4-2) - Won over Indiana State 19-7 [21]

20: Drake (5-1) - Won over Butler 37-19 [25]

21: Alabama A&M (5-1) - Won over Southern 33-18 [uR]

22: Sam Houston State (2-3) - Lost to Central Arkansas 35-14 [15]

23: Eastern Illinois (3-3) - Lost to Eastern Kentucky 28-21 [16]

24: Richmond (3-2) - Lost to Towson 23-21 [17]

25: Southern (5-1) - Lost to Alabama A&M 33-28 [24]

You have something against Hawaii, iggy?

I wouldn't have them ranked either. They're 6-0 but have two wins over I-AA teams and haven't beaten anyone good. I'll rank them if they go unbeaten, because then they'll have gone unbeaten and beaten both Boise and Washington, but I can't be impressed with a team that's essentially kicking babies as they crawl out of a burning orphanage.

John David Booty is horrible. The "Rex Grossman" of college football. What was it, 4 interceptions against an unranked Stanford? Come on.

Anthony Morelli would like a word with you.