TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

Raw 10.1.07

just wanna reiterate how AWESOME London's running SSP was. Goddamn, it was the highlight of the night for me, and it was at the start!

That whole ending to that match ruled. The running 450 off the apron, the no-turnbuckle Sliced Bread, and then a perfect Swanton from Jeff for the finish. That was awesome.

The Dudleys were never good promos. Anyone can do "Your mom is a whore" rants for 15 minute and piss the crowd off. Taz was never great at promos either.

Oh, I used to mark out like a little bitch when The Dudleys and Taz were cutting promos. I haven't watched any of their promos since like.. 2002, so maybe if i go back they won't be as fantastic as i thought.

Taz cut great promos back in 1997, on the Pitbulls and Chris Candido. Those "torn towel over the head" promos made me an instant Taz mark right on the spot. That, and him punking out Paul Varelans in 1996.

Paul London has just disgusting agility. I guess Vince has decided to let him be the exclusive user of the move in the company. It was even mentioned in the issue of WWE magazine with Mr. Kennedy on the cover that the move is banned, so kudos to Vince for letting London continue to use it.

That whole 6-man tag was great. If they would just do Shelton / Rednecks vs Hardy / Londrick every week for eternity, I would be happy.

They replayed it at the end of the match, Spiff. It all happened so fast during the match so they showed what happened afterwards.

I don't like how TheScore's feed just showed a pink screen during what sounds like should have been a HHH technical difficulties screen.

Hmm, I don't recall my feed showing the replay of the SSP.

They only showed it once.

And the move was so fast/covered such a wide area, the camera was simply a still shot in the center of the ring for half of the replay. So it happened quick, but they did show it once.

The Dudleys were never good promos. Anyone can do "Your mom is a whore" rants for 15 minute and piss the crowd off. Taz was never great at promos either.

Oh, I used to mark out like a little bitch when The Dudleys and Taz were cutting promos. I haven't watched any of their promos since like.. 2002, so maybe if i go back they won't be as fantastic as i thought.

Taz cut great promos back in 1997, on the Pitbulls and Chris Candido. Those "torn towel over the head" promos made me an instant Taz mark right on the spot. That, and him punking out Paul Varelans in 1996.

The Dudleys backstage promos were great. So were Taz's. In ring, Taz didn't say much and the Dudleys were pretty much just "fuck your mother you piece of shit".

Spiff, I might be confused here, but isn't the 1st gif the hard camera spot slowed down COMBINED with the end of match replay, also slowed down, with the second gif being just the replay from the end of the match? They appear to be the same thing (and if nothing it going slow, forgive me... animated gifs tend to animate very slowly on my work computer).

The Dudleys backstage promos were great. So were Taz's. In ring, Taz didn't say much and the Dudleys were pretty much just "fuck your mother you piece of shit".

I loved both The Dudleys backstage and in ring promos. I'm not saying that they were the best ever or anything, but they always brought extreme heat (no pun intended). Same with Taz. His backstage promos were amazing.

Yeah, 1st .gif is the hard angle shot, followed by another angle from London's side of the ring (slowed down). 2nd .gif is that same shot from London's side of the ring (in regular replay speed).

The 2nd .gif replay is the one I don't recall seeing. I did see the hard angle replay.

Damnit. I knew I should have watched from the start. This is probably the only thing WWE related that I'm pissed I missed in a long time.

Just to give WWE another kick in the crotch:

RAW RATINGS DROPS AGAIN AS THEY NEAR THE 3.0 MARK

by Dave Scherer

Monday's Raw did a 3.2 cable rating, which is down from the previous week's 3.3. The show did hours of 3.10 and 3.26, so this week actually did a 3.18.

To be expected with MNF back in the hunt again. Within a month, they will probably not be hitting 3.0s and will hover in the high 2's possibly. I just am thinking with Cena out, UNLESS they pull a hell of a compelling followup champion and scenario/title program from that, they are going to lose some viewers overall.

Other than a few spots, I thought last night's show was crap.

I could watch that Running SSP all damn day. I love Paul London more than ever now.

by Dave Scherer

Monday's Raw did a 3.2 cable rating, which is down from the previous week's 3.3. The show did hours of 3.10 and 3.26, so this week actually did a 3.18.

so they have done a 3.3,3.4 and a 3.2 since doing a 3.9 the night Hornswoggle was named Vince's son...

More importantly, the ratings have not improved since HHH returned. BUT IT CAN'T BE HIM!

By WWE logic, that means he hasn't been on TV enough. Next week HHH will make a run-in in every match and proceed to bury the entire roster

More importantly, the ratings have not improved since HHH returned. BUT IT CAN'T BE HIM!

By WWE logic, that means he hasn't been on TV enough. Next week HHH will make a run-in in every match and proceed to bury the entire roster

Wrestlecrap.com added this last week:

Wrestlemania 24 Match

HHH vs The Entire Tag Team Division and a Tank

Not much to say here. With no discernable opponent slated for the big one, WWE has opted to instead book the Game against every single tag team on both brands, and a fully armored tank. From there, all the Tag teams, in a time saving move, will all pedigree themselves, whilst HHH commandeers the tank, runs them all over with it, then destroys it with a sledgehammer tipped with a warhead, before returning to the ring to give the now one, flattened, gelatinous blob containing all 8 men a DEVASTATING ARN ANDERSON SPINEBUSTER...only to then pry them all apart, and individually pin them, all while *obviously* putting them over. You see, HHH thinks about the FUTURE. Well, a future where he pins new people. Just because.

by Dave Scherer

To be fair to the E, there was a great MLB playoff game and a Patriots MNF game to contend with. That and Eva La Rue continues to show off her wonderful cleavage on CSI:Miami.

I'm sure the last part had nothing to do with it but it briefly caught my attention when I was flipping back from the football game.