TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The OAO RAW Thread 10/08/07

Monday, Oct. 8 is Columbus Day in America, celebrating the discovery of the New World in 1492.

Monday will also be a day of celebration for a couple of WWE Superstars in Grand Rapids, Mich., as they hold their newly-won titles aloft in front of the Van Andel Arena crowd, while others celebrate successful championship defenses.

Just one night after No Mercy’s championship matches, Beth Phoenix and Randy Orton have won the titles they've both sought for so long.

After a pectoral tear injury ended WWE Champion John Cena's year-long title reign, WWE officials declared a new champion will be crowned in Chicago. And after a roller coaster ride of an evening for Randy Orton, the Legend Killer emerged with the WWE Championship gold.

Orton was awarded the gold, only to be challenged by Triple H. The Game defeated the Legend Killer to recapture the title for the 11th time. But The Game's reign would be short-lived. Mr. McMahon insisted on pitting his nemesis against Orton in a Last Man Standing Match. After a brutal battle, Orton emerged victorious, clutching his precious WWE Championship. How will Triple H avenge his loss at the hands of Orton? How far is Orton willing to go to retain his newfound title?

The Glamazon powered past Candice Michelle at No Mercy and will raise the gold in Grand Rapids. Candice left everything she had on the mat, but Phoenix proved too powerful to contain. Will the Candy-coated Diva seek revenge on the Glamazon? Or, as Phoenix said, has the "Era of the Glamazon" officially begun?

We’ll find out the answers and more on Monday Night Raw, live at 9/8 CT on USA Network.

I actually think Orton will keep the title till WM where he will job it to the returning Jericho. If I'm Jericho that would be something I'd want in my contract, to main event WM and get the title. Maybe Michaels will get some title shots prior to WM.

I actually think Orton will keep the title till WM where he will job it to the returning Jericho. If I'm Jericho that would be something I'd want in my contract, to main event WM and get the title. Maybe Michaels will get some title shots prior to WM.

So you think they are going to build up this 222 thing until Jericho returns @ Mania?

or does he return @ The Royal Rumble??

Monday, Oct. 8 is Columbus Day in America, celebrating the discovery of the New World in 1492.

Monday will also be a day of celebration for a couple of WWE Superstars in Grand Rapids, Mich., as they hold their newly-won titles aloft in front of the Van Andel Arena crowd, while others celebrate successful championship defenses.

Just one night after No Mercy’s championship matches, Beth Phoenix and Randy Orton have won the titles they've both sought for so long.

After a pectoral tear injury ended WWE Champion John Cena's year-long title reign, WWE officials declared a new champion will be crowned in Chicago. And after a roller coaster ride of an evening for Randy Orton, the Legend Killer emerged with the WWE Championship gold.

Orton was awarded the gold, only to be challenged by Triple H. The Game defeated the Legend Killer to recapture the title for the 11th time. But The Game's reign would be short-lived. Mr. McMahon insisted on pitting his nemesis against Orton in a Last Man Standing Match. After a brutal battle, Orton emerged victorious, clutching his precious WWE Championship. How will Triple H avenge his loss at the hands of Orton? How far is Orton willing to go to retain his newfound title?

The Glamazon powered past Candice Michelle at No Mercy and will raise the gold in Grand Rapids. Candice left everything she had on the mat, but Phoenix proved too powerful to contain. Will the Candy-coated Diva seek revenge on the Glamazon? Or, as Phoenix said, has the "Era of the Glamazon" officially begun?

We’ll find out the answers and more on Monday Night Raw, live at 9/8 CT on USA Network.

I was reading the NM thread as the ppv was going on and couldn't for the life of me figure out what they were doing with the title. After reading this, it's still confusing. But really, let's call a spade a spade - this was just HHH getting in one more title reign in his quest to beat Flair, while also putting over Orton.

No I think Jericho will return sometime in the next month, be it either at Cyber Sunday or at Survivor Series. Then he will call out Orton and all that, Orton avoids him. Jericho is my favorite to win the Rumble and then challenge Orton at WM.

I was reading the NM thread as the ppv was going on and couldn't for the life of me figure out what they were doing with the title. After reading this, it's still confusing. But really, let's call a spade a spade - this was just HHH getting in one more title reign in his quest to beat Flair, while also putting over Orton.

and I have no problem with this...as long as Orton is given a decent reign. If he wrestles HHH at Cyber Sunday in a gimmick match, Orton HAS to go over there.

Meltzer is reporting Orton Vs HHH at Cyber Sunday will probably be Hell In A Cell.

Also...

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The day after his nemesis, Randy Orton, won the WWE Championship, former WWE Champion John Cena will speak out via satellite on Raw Monday night. This will be his first interview since undergoing surgery for a torn pectoral tendon last Tuesday.

What will the former Champ have to say about Orton, the man responsible for both putting him out of action for six months to a year and ending his title reign?

It had to have been heartbreaking – and maddening – for Cena to surrender his WWE Championship and then see Orton take his spot atop WWE. And what does Cena have to say about his injury, his prognosis for recovery and his future?

Don’t miss Cena’s interview. Tune in to Raw tonight from Grand Rapids, Mich. at 9/8 CT on USA Network.

I don't agree with doing HHH-Orton again so soon, especially with HIAC. If they really want a HIAC match again, save it for Batista/UT later this year probably at Armageddon.

I think the expectations for Jericho's return to culminate with a main event slot is a reach right now. I still think we should see HHH-Orton rematch being delayed for WM. Right now WWE doesn't have any other top heel or face and they can build off last night's well received match and build the hype quite well. It would actually be nice to see WM main event build over a period of months instead of the usual start time of after the Rumble even a couple weeks beforehand.

It wouldn't be difficult to keep HHH busy with people such as Henry, Kennedy and McMahon himself for the next 6 months. As for Orton? Well, that's a slightly tougher road given that Raw is devoid of strong faces outside of HHH and Hardy right but I figure with Lashley slated to return in December that can keep Orton occupied into the Rumble. I know everyone insists that Kennedy and Jericho should be there but they won't be. Jericho won't be main eventing WM. They had a golden opportunity with Jericho last night and they didn't go for it. They went with the status quo in Randy Orton, whom has been considerably hot for the past couple of months and if they keep him strong, he can reach a pretty high level for WM with HHH.

The only other route I could see them going with is Orton-Batista, which is possible if UT/Edge is still the idea for Smackdown. It does leave HHH out in the dark though and I don't expect them to let that happen.

We can't go 7 days without Cena on RAW in some form. Great.

Today's serious question:

If Cena isn't mentioned for six months at all, and then his music hits and he makes the save for a babyface being beaten down by Orton, what's his reaction, compared to other returns?

So where does Randy Orton's ~10 or 15 minute world title reign at the start of the show set in terms of shortest reigns ever? Likewise for HHH. They Gotta be near the top of the list I'm sure.

by the way, the no mercy matches..including hhh/orton X2 are up on dailymotion.com for anyone that missed it.

So where does Randy Orton's ~10 or 15 minute world title reign at the start of the show set in terms of shortest reigns ever? Gotta be near the top of the list I'm sure.

by the way, the no mercy matches..including hhh/orton X2 are up on dailymotion.com for anyone that missed it.

It's behind Yokozuna's reign. Add that to the HHH:Hogan comparisons. What was longer, HHH's reign or Sting's reign?

We can't go 7 days without Cena on RAW in some form. Great.

Today's serious question:

If Cena isn't mentioned for six months at all, and then his music hits and he makes the save for a babyface being beaten down by Orton, what's his reaction, compared to other returns?

Better yet, what if he comes back in a year to make the save on a babyface then turns heel and helps beat down the face? Hogan to NWO heat or just another ho-hum turn?

So where does Randy Orton's ~10 or 15 minute world title reign at the start of the show set in terms of shortest reigns ever? Gotta be near the top of the list I'm sure.

It's behind Yokozuna's reign. Add that to the HHH:Hogan comparisons. What was longer, HHH's reign or Sting's reign?

HHH's reign, because IIRC at this point Nitro was only two hours.

Meltzer is reporting Orton Vs HHH at Cyber Sunday will probably be Hell In A Cell.

Yeah, the Cyber Sunday commercial during the PPV last night reported that you vote for HIAC, Falls Count Anywhere, or Street Fight. I'd say HIAC is a little more than probable.

Yeah, the Cyber Sunday commercial during the PPV last night reported that you vote for HIAC, Falls Count Anywhere, or Street Fight. I'd say HIAC is a little more than probable.

What? No coal miner's glove match?

Is there much difference between Falls Count Anywhere and a Street Fight, other than in a street fight, you can only be pinned in the ring, I guess?

Theoretically, FCA shouldn't be no DQ, but WWE's seems to.

And Why Street Fights have to end in the Ring is beyond me

Takes away the point of Street Fight

Really, a street fight just implies two guys fighting with no referee. There shouldn't even be a pinfall...just one guy walks away, and one doesn't.

You know, i'm usually so positive about wrestling as i'm still a child at heart, and I had so much enthuisiasm going into No Mercy.

For the first time in a long time, I was clueless about what could happen. Talk about Jericho returning, maybe winning the WWE Title. Talk about Jeff Hardy might even pull off that upset, talk about CM Punk returning to Chicago. So many great possibilities.

Then Randy Orton is given the title.

Then out of everybody, HHH comes out to face him.

I have pretty much 0 interest in WWE after last night.

With Jericho, or Hardy, or somebody else, Kennedy, it didn't matter, they had the chance to freshon and shake up the Main Event scene.

HHH?

World Heavyweight champion Batista?

Punk's match going precisely 2 minutes if that?

I'm expecting nothing special on Raw tonight with HHH embarassing Orton to end the show, after he beats/beats up Vince in some form.

I don't know what to expect, but with the possibility of Shawn Michaels coming back, it can only get worse.