TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nate

The OAO Discussion For Raw (10/22)

What the hell.... Hardy wins?

Man Orton takes the Sweet Chin Music better then anyone in recent memory.

Guest Memphis25
I think Candice was suppose to be crotched on the top rope, but instead fell forward and her foot hit the top rope as she came down. Nasty fall.

That was going to be the finsh, Candice was going to get crotched and Beth was going to hit the Muscle Buster.

Guest IronManLUNG

I thought this was an excellent Raw top to bottom, at least when compared with the previous few installments.

They sold the PPV well, (got my buy for sure), had several nice matches (don't think any were below average), and made me a believer of Harry Smith (thought he looked a little green in OVW.)

Overall, a respectable offering.

WWE.com reports that Candice has been taken to a local hospital with a possible shoulder injury.

Possible? Hell, that welt on her shoulder was getting bigger by the second when she was in the ring.

man I hope Candice is ok it was a nasty fall and hopefully its a shoulder injury because it would not be as bad as a neck or spinal injury, Harry had a good debut and TNA could take notes on how to build young talent

The women's match showed what can happen when you put barely trained women in there and expect them to know how to wrestle. Hopefully Candice will be okay but for her own safety she needs a bit more training if she's going to be wrestling on TV full time.

Harry Smith debuts! What was up with him being called D.H. Smith? That sounds like a novelist or something. He looked pretty decent tonight, better than he looked in OVW.

The women's match showed what can happen when you put barely trained women in there and expect them to know how to wrestle. Hopefully Candice will be okay but for her own safety she needs a bit more training if she's going to be wrestling on TV full time.

Harry Smith debuts! What was up with him being called D.H. Smith? That sounds like a novelist or something. He looked pretty decent tonight, better than he looked in OVW.

Didn't watch RAW since I was at work, but I'm thinking it has to do with merging Davey and Harry.

Guest Hasbeen2
With Cody Rhodes and Harry Smith now here....can we expect Ted Dibiase Jr to come around soon?

Or Nattie Neidhart.

Won't be long now. They're figuring out what to do with the group.

Guest Hasbeen2
Next time to break up a fight Steamboat should come out with his Komodo dragon from his WCW days.

Or with his son, wearing the little dragon outfit.

There was something fresh about tonight's show. The promos didn't seem as forced and unnatural. Opening the show with the darkened arena and Kennedy and then the sequence at the beginning with Hardy in the crowd was the first time in awhile it seemed like you were seeing a different product with new characters on top. Of course, HBK will likely get the votes and it will be back to the same old same old. I like how they seem to be putting London/Kendrick in the fast paced opener, kind of like the cruisers on Nitro. The HHH-Umaga pull apart was fun and it was great seeing Ricky Steamboat, Mike Rotundo, Barry Windham and Tony Garea (I think, I could've been wrong). Even the undercard matches had a storyline or meaning (Shelton/Cody, DH Smith). Santino is a riot sometimes. Whenever Y2J returns, I was hoping for a promo face off between him and Kennedy but I think Santino would be just as great as feeder for his debut.

I couldn't help but wonder if the show this week was this good because Vince is overseas and wasn't there tonight - assuming that comment was legit.

There was something fresh about tonight's show. The promos didn't seem as forced and unnatural. Opening the show with the darkened arena and Kennedy and then the sequence at the beginning with Hardy in the crowd was the first time in awhile it seemed like you were seeing a different product with new characters on top. Of course, HBK will likely get the votes and it will be back to the same old same old. I like how they seem to be putting London/Kendrick in the fast paced opener, kind of like the cruisers on Nitro. The HHH-Umaga pull apart was fun and it was great seeing Ricky Steamboat, Mike Rotundo, Barry Windham and Tony Garea (I think, I could've been wrong). Even the undercard matches had a storyline or meaning (Shelton/Cody, DH Smith). Santino is a riot sometimes. Whenever Y2J returns, I was hoping for a promo face off between him and Kennedy but I think Santino would be just as great as feeder for his debut.

I couldn't help but wonder if the show this week was this good because Vince is overseas and wasn't there tonight - assuming that comment was legit.

I enjoyed the beginning of the show too, since it was different from what we usually get. And yes, Santino is hilarious.

I think Candice was suppose to be crotched on the top rope, but instead fell forward and her foot hit the top rope as she came down. Nasty fall.

That was going to be the finsh, Candice was going to get crotched and Beth was going to hit the Muscle Buster.

I'm not so sure about that because when I look at it, it almost looks like to me Candice was actually going to come off the top rope for a cross body or something and she didn't expect Beth to do that. She looked like she was just about to jump when beth hit the rope. I'm thinking a miscommunication unless I hear otherwise personally.

I really wish in cases like this the matches would just damn stop. She was out cold and they didn't know if she had broken her fucking neck yet the ref told Beth to pin her and Beth then drags Candice away from the ropes. I mean wtf...just stop the fucking match.

A couple of videos on wwe.com showing the stuff after the match and backstage. The doctor looks like he got pissed while candice was on the verge of panicking trying to get the neck brace off

Guest Hasbeen2

Yeah the ref could have just called for the bell and they could play up Phoenix as a monster even more because of it.

Ouch

PWI

Candice Michelle was diagnosed with a concussion and a broken clavicle (collar bone) following the frighteningly scary bump she took after slipping off the top rope during her loss to WWE Women's champion Beth Phoenix tonight on Raw.

well goddamn, I was really into the women's match too. Here's hoping Candace gets a full recovery. That shit scared me and my dad pretty good.

Poor Kennedy, he never really gets anywhere nowadays.

What the FUCK was with Beth pulling Candice's HAIR for the pin following that nasty fall? If that was a neck injury and she jerked her head like that it could have been serious. How fucking dumb can you be to grab her head after a fall like that? Total moron. That shit pissed me off.

The DVR didnt record Raw tonight, but although the results sound ok on paper, looks like all I really missed for the most part was the Candice Michelle fall, which looks horrible from the gif here. It's too bad that happened, as she has a huge upside as far as women in this company go. Something went horribly wrong there as it makes no sense why she jumped when she clearly was being set up for a crotch bump on the top. Who is to blame is hard to say, although I wouldnt put it past Phoenix as she has always come across green and very unaware of working a fluent match whatsoever. Maybe that spot was supposed to be saved for later in the match or something?

Actually looking forward to next week's show a great deal as I would expect more substantial storylines and programs formed leading into Survivor Series. I just am not feeling Cyber Sunday whatsoever for some reason.

Yeah, Beth grabbing Candice by the fucking hair and pulling her head is bordline fire worthy in my opinion. That just shows a blatant disregard for a fellow performers well being, something which should always be the first priority in the ring. You can even hear the ref say somewhat angerly "easy" and "no" as Beth tries to pull her up by her head. Seriously, what the fuck was she thinking. If it had been a neck injury, Candice would have quite the lawsuit.

- Candice Michelle did a spot similar to the one she did on Raw last night at a house show in Ireland this past Saturday night. But this time around, she was legitimately knocked out because she didn't protect herself well enough while doing the risky fall. Anyway, here is an account of the spot she did at the house show:

"But about 2 minutes before the end of the match, Candice was on the top and Beth went to crotch her, but Candice missed the top turnbuckle and fell face first to the mat, narrowly missing landing head and neck first. Thankfully she was ok. Beth pinned her shortly afterwards." (source: WrestlingObserver.com)

-

Rajah

It was funny, when Harry Smith came out, the crowd had no clue who the fuck he was. My friend and I were literally the only ones cheering for him in our section. Once he said he was Davey's kid, that's when the rest of the crowd finally got it. He looked pretty good for a rookie. Had a tiny bit of chain wrestling at the beginning, a nice Northern Lights suplex and RUNNING POWERSLAM~! I was satisfied. Not feeling the DH thing, but whatever.

Omaha is such a mark ass crowd it's ridiculous. HHH was definitely the most over guy there, followed by Jeff Hardy (lots of fat chicks in this town) and then Shawn Michaels.

If it were Philly, Candice would have gotten a big time YOU FUCKED UP chant as they carted her out.

What's Kennedy's deal lately? Fucking Ahmed Kennedy.

A couple of videos on wwe.com showing the stuff after the match and backstage. The doctor looks like he got pissed while candice was on the verge of panicking trying to get the neck brace off

Course, the doctor was groping her it seemed like crazy in the ring. Look at the video. Just odd.

And yeah, they should just stop the match. Beth was stupid, but it's hard to know what to do in that spot right away i guess. Stay in character (the show must go on as Vince would say) and do a quick cover which makes no sense given her character. Ref should have just called a TKO and that would have made Beth look strong.

Anyways, how long was the 2 out of 3 match supposed with the main even tag supposed to go on afterwards? Anyone know if the original plan was for Beth to win in 2 straight falls?