TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - November 2007

Oh man, Ted DiBiase kicking a couple out of the honeymoon suite is GOLD. These segments are just too good.

It was funny reading in Bret's book that they had to kayfabe Ted's gimmick, so they paid for him to fly first class and get chauffeured around town and what have you. That's so great.

Yeah... they told DiBiase before he signed, "We can't tell you what the gimmick is, but if Vince could wrestle... this would be the gimmick he'd use."

Going back and watching Survivor Series '90 is pretty fun. I had forgotten that the first person The Undertaker squared off against in his debut elimination match was Bret Hart. Taker, though, was SO into the character in the beginning. It's quite interesting to watch that gimmick at its genesis and see how it progressed over the years.

It was also interesting to see how the teams were assigned - You had a captain on each, who for the most part had a feud with each other, another singles wrestler, and then a tag team.

Guest flairfan
Pay close attention to Tully Blanchard's interview at the beginning of the WCW show...

He refers to the 4 Horsemen before they are officially formed. He says, "Arn likes to talk about the 4 Horsemen..." in relation to Ole Anderson's then injury and how that makes 3.

Thats because the INTERVIEW where Arn first named the Horsemen already took place. It either took place on WWW 12/28/85 or at the OMNI in Atlanta on 1/1/86(Where Dusty broke OLE's leg). I am thinking it was on 1/1/86..

If you notice on the wwe produced four horsemen dvd, they talk in detail about the first naming of the horsemen, but DO NOT show the actual footage of it. I am begining to wonder if the footage even exsists!!! Anyways I think 1/1/86 is when that interview took place where Arn Named them!!! So the 1/4 show would make sense with Tully Referring to Arn calling them the 4 Horsemen!

IF anyone here has every seen that interview or know where it exsists, please post it here!

Pay close attention to Tully Blanchard's interview at the beginning of the WCW show...

He refers to the 4 Horsemen before they are officially formed. He says, "Arn likes to talk about the 4 Horsemen..." in relation to Ole Anderson's then injury and how that makes 3.

Thats because the INTERVIEW where Arn first named the Horsemen already took place. It either took place on WWW 12/28/85 or at the OMNI in Atlanta on 1/1/86(Where Dusty broke OLE's leg). I am thinking it was on 1/1/86..

If you notice on the wwe produced four horsemen dvd, they talk in detail about the first naming of the horsemen, but DO NOT show the actual footage of it. I am begining to wonder if the footage even exsists!!! Anyways I think 1/1/86 is when that interview took place where Arn Named them!!! So the 1/4 show would make sense with Tully Referring to Arn calling them the 4 Horsemen!

IF anyone here has every seen that interview or know where it exsists, please post it here!

I do remember Arn mentioning in the DVD that the interview where he mentioned the Horsemen was one of the local market interviews that they did. They did show the interview where Arn compares the group to the 4 Horsemen in the Bible, and it was on the WCW set, not Worldwide (Which had the red background with WWW across it). If it was a local market piece, it would have not been shown... which is kind of weird when you think about it.

Guest flairfan

I do remember Arn mentioning in the DVD that the interview where he mentioned the Horsemen was one of the local market interviews that they did. They did show the interview where Arn compares the group to the 4 Horsemen in the Bible, and it was on the WCW set, not Worldwide (Which had the red background with WWW across it). If it was a local market piece, it would have not been shown... which is kind of weird when you think about it.

Yeah, that is strange. I'm just glad we are finally up to the Horsemen on WCW! As Jim Ross would say... Business Has just Picked up!

Survivor Series 1987 was picked for later in the month.

The choices for next month are Starrcade 1992, IYH: Degeneration X, and Armageddon 2004. If Armageddon 2004 is picked, I will kill all of you. If IYH: DX is picked, I'll live.

But I want Starrcade 1992. Pick it.

Ok, I really won't kill you guys, but you have to pick Starrcade '92. For the children.

Guest shadylpete

the DX PPV was already on 24/7 within the past year and Armageddon 2004 looks like crap

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...VOTE FOR STARCADE 1992

I hadn't watched any 24/7 in a week or two and flipped it on yesterday to see I've got a whopping five selections. I was hoping for some Survivor Series '90 during my lunch break yesterday.

As carny as it was, I loved the Fink's announcement after the Alliance/Mercanaries match . . .

"Ladies and gentlemen . . . Sgt Slaughter! (Slaughter celebrates) has been DISQUALIFIED!!!" (cue up Santana's bad ass theme)

As carny as it was, I loved the Fink's announcement after the Alliance/Mercanaries match . . .

"Ladies and gentlemen . . . Sgt Slaughter! (Slaughter celebrates) has been DISQUALIFIED!!!" (cue up Santana's bad ass theme)

No one can touch the Fink when it comes to ring announcing.

What the hell, I enjoyed Survivor Series 1990. The Gobbledygooker stuff is of course retarded but the rest of the show is a nice trip down memory lane. The whole thing seemed a bit rushed though compared to the first 2 Series.

I just saw the NWA 1/4 show and it was great watching Flair goe berserk in his interview segment, complete with laying down on the floor and playing dead. It was also funny hearing a fan say "Let him up, taco breath" to Manny Fernandez during his match. Man, Magnum T.A. was intense, and it's a shame what happened to him because the guy had it all.

I'm curious, what do you guys think about Baby Doll? Do you really think she was a knockout for that time? I never thought she was that great looking but as the camera kept zooming in on her in this show, it made me appreciate her looks a little more.

That NWA show was probably the best NWA thus far on 24/7. In fact it was the first of those shows that I thought certainly surpassed the WCCW show that is also on.

Yeah, I'm starting to think the interview where Arn names the Four Horsemen doesn't exist on tape anymore. Very cool that we're up to that point.

I thought they showed it on the 4 Horsemen DVD... but I was wrong. You might be right... they might not have that tape.

I just saw the NWA 1/4 show and it was great watching Flair goe berserk in his interview segment, complete with laying down on the floor and playing dead. It was also funny hearing a fan say "Let him up, taco breath" to Manny Fernandez during his match. Man, Magnum T.A. was intense, and it's a shame what happened to him because the guy had it all.

I'm curious, what do you guys think about Baby Doll? Do you really think she was a knockout for that time? I never thought she was that great looking but as the camera kept zooming in on her in this show, it made me appreciate her looks a little more.

She was a knockout... as in she could knock out teeth if she wasn't careful. She was a state champion in shot-put, and Jim Cornette said she didn't know how to throw worked punches... so she'd always throw real ones.

I have the Arn interview on a "History of the Original 4 Horsemen" video that RF Video put out.

Super dick Tully slapping Baby Doll just ensured at least 3 more months of WWE 24/7 from me.

And an Ivan Koloff promo!

I watched Summerslam 2007, the first WWE show I've watched that occured after Eddie's death. It was nearly impossible to finish.

I'm not going to review it, but damn. I never want to relive that again.

I watched Summerslam 2007, the first WWE show I've watched that occured after Eddie's death. It was nearly impossible to finish.

I'm not going to review it, but damn. I never want to relive that again.

Eddie doesn't come up except with Chavo/Rey. What makes it difficult?

Kinda boring. I liked Orton/Cena, the segment with Cryme Tyme and the later one with Moolah and Mae, but that was about it.

Is that one of their better shows from this year?

Not watching the WWE after Eddie's death has very little to do with Eddie. It was just an easy way to quit watching.

Kinda boring. I liked Orton/Cena, the segment with Cryme Tyme and the later one with Moolah and Mae, but that was about it.

Is that one of their better shows from this year?

Not watching the WWE after Eddie's death has very little to do with Eddie. It was just an easy way to quit watching.

Let's see. I've seen every WWE PPV on 24.7 up to Summerslam. Backlash and Judgment Day were missing the Benoit matches (I saw Wrestlemania on first airing). Let's rank them.

1. Royal Rumble

2. Wrestlemania

3. Backlash

4. New Year's Revolution

5. Vengeance

6. One Night Stand

7. Judgment Day

8. Great American Bash

9. Summerslam

10. No Way Out

Five favorite PPV matches

1. John Cena vs. Umaga, Royal Rumble

2. John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Randy Orton vs. Edge, Backlash

3. Money In the Bank, Wrestlemania

4. Umaga vs. Jeff Hardy, Great American Bash

5. Royal Rumble match

The divas' battle royal at Summerslam was one of the worst matches I have EVER seen.

Thanks. I was going to say, if they've done many worse shows than Summerslam, that would be pretty sad.

I'll have to look into those top 5 matches, thanks for the list. I fastforwarded past the Divas battle royal, I only saw the entrances.

alkeiper and I have the exact same Top 5 PPV matches. Just awesome. BTW, I got HHH/Orton (No Mercy - Last Man Standing) at #6 and Batista/Taker (WM) at #7.

You wanna see a bad show, watch No Mercy up until the main.

Holy SHIT, Orton used like 12 minutes of restholds in a 16 minute span at one point during Cena/Orton at SummerSlam. I couldn't take it. The end sequences were nice, but that match is just awful.

alkeiper and I have the exact same Top 5 PPV matches. Just awesome. BTW, I got HHH/Orton (No Mercy - Last Man Standing) at #6 and Batista/Taker (WM) at #7.

I only rated what I've seen, so nothing after Summerslam just yet on my list. I think I would take Batista/Taker (WM), Cena/Michaels, DX/Rated RKO, Cena/Umaga (NYR) and maybe Batista/Taker (Backlash).

The mid-year PPVs are nothing special but not really bad. They're enjoyable to watch as long as you didn't spend $50 for the privilege.

I hated Cena/Umaga NYR, it's a squash and fluke roll-up. So bad. DX/Rated RKO was also not very good. Haven't seen Batosta/Taker from Backlash, though the WM match is awesome. Cena/Michaels from WM was pretty boring to me and the crew I watched with, though only saw it once.

Guest flairfan
I have the Arn interview on a "History of the Original 4 Horsemen" video that RF Video put out.

Super dick Tully slapping Baby Doll just ensured at least 3 more months of WWE 24/7 from me.

And an Ivan Koloff promo!

WOW! you have the interview where Arn first mentions the Horsemen name? I checked on the RF Video website and there was no dvd called "History of the Original 4 Horsemen". However, there was a Arn Anderson Shoot Interview for $15.00, is that the one you have?

Oh, and "Lame Award" of 1986 goes to Baby Doll for "Why ride Space Mountain when I can have the WHOLE PARK?" Okay.

Tully also says "I've discussed things with the other three 4 Horsemen" during the later interview on the 1/4/86 show.

And RF VIdeo can't legally advertise that Horsemen DVD (or other volumes) online, Vince owns the footage.