TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - November 2007

Guest Phineas4

They aired the superkick on Bret on Livewire (I think this was the Saturday program). Got it on tape still and watched it not too long ago.

Huh? I seriously always thought the HBK kick on Bret was certainly on Raw.

Those 1993-95 ratings are quite interesting. The 1993-94 shows were all in the 2s or lower 3s range, yet as horrid as 1995 was the ratings actually were really good. They got up there around 3.8 and 3.9 several times. Looking at those numbers just shows how big of an ass Bischoff was in trying to run Nitro opposite Raw on Monday. Raw was doing nice solid 3s in Aug. 1995, but then once Nitro hit the air they took a major hit and were in the lower 2s. I bet WCW's own live show could have drawn better ratings had it been a Tuesday night show.

I thought everyone knew that the superkick not airing on Raw was what led to Shawn making the "Sunny Days" comment and then the backstage brawl. Shawn blamed Bret for it. You can't blame him for being pissed since everyone watching just saw Bret verbally bury Shawn for 20 minutes while Shawn stood there and then the show simply ended. Anyone would have been pissed, so you can imagine what that must have done to Shawn back then.

And maybe if TNA had any balls, they could make a similar impact on Raw's ratings.

Roddy Piper vs. Mr. T from Wrestlemania 2 AGAIN. I swear, that is one of the worst matches in the history of wrestling, and they've aired it twice this year.

Steve Williams/Terry Gordy vs. Steiner Brothers. There's a bit where Rick Steiner goes for the pin, but is not the legal man. They brawl to the outside, and Gary Capetta is crouched in the corner by the guardrail, apparently on a phone. I can just imagine him calling his wife from ringside or something.

Guest flairfan

welp, I am going to watch the 1/11/86 WCW on TBS show first(of course I always watch those 1st!)...Then I will watch Survivor Series 95 and then the SNME..

I keep hoping and hoping they will show more WCW PPVs and Events, but it just dont happen...

They continue to show all these MSG, Boston, Philly shows of old WWE, but how about some WCW from

that timeframe???? PLEASE..

Instead of WWE OLD SCHOOL, HOW ABOUT WCW OLD SCHOOL??

WWE has been and always will be biased to their product, but real wrestling fans know WCW was WAY freakin better than WWF in the old days..

I watched that match before going to sleep last night and also noticed Gary on the phone. I thought maybe he was being given some match information but who knows.

I loved the spot where Scott couldn't bridge out of Gordy being on him... unless that was some big botch. Either way, something different.

It could just be I have less time than I did a year ago, but I remember when I first got the channel the advertised "20-30 hours" of content a month. The bumper for December said "40 hours". I'm beginning to notice that a lot of days there are a lot of longer programming options... almost all of the things I want to watch (MNW, MSG shows, PPVs, DVD specials) are 2-3 hours each. Even the ECW show is listed as 90 minutes this week! (is this a mistake by Cogeco?). Keep it coming, WWE.

welp, I am going to watch the 1/11/86 WCW on TBS show first(of course I always watch those 1st!)...Then I will watch Survivor Series 95 and then the SNME..

I keep hoping and hoping they will show more WCW PPVs and Events, but it just dont happen...

They continue to show all these MSG, Boston, Philly shows of old WWE, but how about some WCW from

that timeframe???? PLEASE..

Instead of WWE OLD SCHOOL, HOW ABOUT WCW OLD SCHOOL??

WWE has been and always will be biased to their product, but real wrestling fans know WCW was WAY freakin better than WWF in the old days..

Well unless WCW taped their house shows for braodcast on MSG, NESM, PRISM, or whatever the LA station is called, don't hold your breath for that. You just seem so angry at this channel sometimes...

Yeah, WCW didn't tape their house shows IIRC even though they hyped up their shows at The Omni occassionally on TV (Especially during Watts' booking reign)

Now ECW Old School would probably be possible since they taped a lot of shit but has it been long enough to consider ECW Old School?

Yeah, WCW didn't tape their house shows IIRC even though they hyped up their shows at The Omni occassionally on TV (Especially during Watts' booking reign)

Now ECW Old School would probably be possible since they taped a lot of shit but has it been long enough to consider ECW Old School?

Actually, the NWA would tape their bigger house shows, especially if they were doing a big angle there - Dusty getting his leg broke by Flair and the Andersons at the Omni, for example. Live show footage is frequently shown on the WCW program. Not sure if they taped the entire show like the WWF did, however, they did have cameras at certain events.

I'd have my doubts that NWA house show footage is in top shape, they probably only kept the portions they repeated on television. And did those clips even have original commentary?

ECW used fan cams often. Their house shows are close to unwatchable in a three hour format.

I'd have my doubts that NWA house show footage is in top shape, they probably only kept the portions they repeated on television. And did those clips even have original commentary?

ECW used fan cams often. Their house shows are close to unwatchable in a three hour format.

I don't think they have commentary.

There you go. The WCW shows are never very popular anyway, if the "most watched shows" list on my menus is any indication. For old school WCW stuff, you're better off consulting tape dealers.

Yeah I'm aware of the fact that they used fan cams for most of them but IIRC they professionally taped almost all of their ECW Arena shows-whether they were "events" or not.

They did tape the ECW Arena events. Some of them are interesting but others REALLY benefited from television editing.

I won't say WWF house shows are great shakes but WCW had a reputation, even at their peak in the mid 90s, for putting on mediocre house shows for the most part. Now some 80s NWA house shows on the other hand...

Another Survivor Series comment. It's fun to think that Jerry Lawler's entire team is still in the promotion, 12 years later. Hunter Hearst-Helmsley, King Mabel (Big Daddy V), Issac Yankem (Kane) and of course Lawler himself. Mr. Perfect informs Vince that Hunter prefers to be referred to as "Triple H."

I watched the ECW show that is on now with Raven/Sandman....Raven wins the ECW title. The postmatch is interesting as Sandman/Scorpio fire Woman as she heads off to WCW. Good way to save face there after a loss.

Did I see a guy in the front row during Cactus/Mikey vs. Douglas/Dreamer that had a Rai #0 shirt on?

Hey, thanks for the spoiler.

I'm only kidding.

Some of Perfect's commentary was pretty good, I just don't remember what. It's too bad that women's match has some sloppy spots and was rather short because the non-blown spots were out of this world for 1995 Fed.

WWF ALERT! They say "WWF" about 3 times during the Wildcard match and I believe Vince mentions the WWF title match coming up. Sometimes it's hard to tell with Vince though - when he says "WWF" really fast and they can't mute the whole thing, just the F, it sounds like he still says it.

I love how good that DC crowd was too. Chanting "Barry"? Getting into a 1995 Marty Jannetty's comeback? Popping for face comebacks in a women's match when they don't even know the participants? Good, good stuff.

Another note about the fact The Royals are all still in the WWE: That's the only elimination match where all 8 participants are still alive.

Guest Lee_The_Pea

SS-90- Whats intersting is that roster seems a little thin at this time. Looking back the champ wasn't even in a major fued, Henning was fueding with Von Eirch. Slaughter looked horrible in his match, I always thought that he was so boring at this period. Bret Hart and Tito Santana were more over than i figured. The Hart Fondation got a bigger pop than Dusty, and the crowd was behind Tito, which was odd because he was a mid card jobber at the time which looking back seems like a waste because he had the talent and the name and should have been protected a little bit. The Gobbly Gooker was a major letdown at the time because we were almost promised that the next Andre was going to pop out. But looking at him now and imaging Mcmahon getting psched about him I get a big kick out of the hole thing. Also it is apparent what McMan is missing these days, did anyone else notice how pumped he was while reading the names for all the teams. And man was Piper annoying on color, the 85 heel Piper may have been fun on color but the 90 version sucked.

Families--Some stuff was good but what sucks after about 20 mins. is that the program is an ass kissing fest "he's so talented" "he was a natural" and if I have to hear Ross use the term "the bussiness" in that most totally cold tone again. Some good footage in the peice but nothing new.

WCCW--The fur coat!!!!!I read some elses post on here about the Fur coat and Kerry being coked and had to watch. He looked like a body guard for the rolling Stones or something. Its just so weird that during Ragen's "just say no" years that someone like Kerry could be such a cult hero. Does anyone else hate how short thier ring ropes are?

Can anyone post a match listing for the new 8-10-87 Primetime please? I've only seen an edited version of the show so don't know the full card. Thanks.

Cawthon lists Santana/Valentine, Jumping Bomb Angels/Glamour Girls, Butch Reed/Hillbilly Jim and Hart Foundation/British Bulldogs. I haven't watched myself yet, likely this weekend.

Guest Lee_The_Pea
Can anyone post a match listing for the new 8-10-87 Primetime please? I've only seen an edited version of the show so don't know the full card. Thanks.

Let me think

Savage vs. Brady Boon

Hilbilly Jim vs. Butch Reed

Bulldogs vs. Harts

Herclues vs. Billy Jack Haynes

Jumping Bomb Angels vs. Kei and Martin

Cawthon lists Santana/Valentine, Jumping Bomb Angels/Glamour Girls, Butch Reed/Hillbilly Jim and Hart Foundation/British Bulldogs. I haven't watched myself yet, likely this weekend.

Yeah I created the Primetime page for Cawthon's site, and I was only able to get an edited version of the show, and I'm not really sure if Santana vs. Valentine did air on that show or it was just thrown in on the version i had.

I must say, 95 Survivor Series Main Event with Bret Hart vs. Diesel was fantastic.

Great match and the Heell or Tweener turn for Diesel afterwards was awesome to watch. It was so well executed that you can actually hear the majority of the crowd chant "Diesel" " Diesel".

On a side note, after the main event watch Diesel on his way back to the locker room. He high fives a few people in the crowd but pay attention to the second one. He high fives this kid so hard that the kid looks like he's gonna burst into tears after Diesel passes him.....lol

WWE 24/7 Online updates:

Raw: Episode 6February 22, 1993 | Approx. run time: 43 mins.This month catch the debut of Hulkamania on Monday Night Raw. After Brutus Beefcake was assaulted in the ring by IRS and Ted DiBiase, Hulk Hogan took it upon himself to address Money, Inc. Plus, if that's not enough, an explosive six-man tag featuring Tatanka and The Nasty Boys challenging Shawn Michaels and The Beverly Brothers highlights this huge Raw.

J.R.'s Pick of the Month: Mid Atlantic Wrestling, The Funks vs. The BriscosNovember 17, 1982 | Approx. run time: 7 mins.When WWE 24/7 Online asked Jim Ross which wrestling family he'd like to talk about, he said "You can't do a special on wrestling families without including The Briscos". One of J.R.'s favorite rivalries in wrestling was between The Funks and The Briscos. Hear an exclusive interview with J.R. about why this rivalry was so special to him, and then check out a classic encounter between Jack Brisco and Dory Funk Jr.

Bonus Features: Exclusive interview with Jim Ross before the match.

Survivor Series: Hart Family vs. Shawn Michaels & His KnightsNovember 24, 1993 | Approx. run time: 46 mins.In a rare WWE occasion, four members of the Hart Family teamed up to take on Shawn Michaels and his knights. The bitter hatred between Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart had reached a boiling point back in 1993. Could Michaels' team pull off a victory, or would The Excellence of Execution prove that The Hart Family is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be?

Raw: Kane vs. EdgeMay 16, 2005 | Approx. run time: 14 mins.Kane and Edge were battling in a Top Contender Match for Batista's World Heavyweight Championship. Kane's wife, Lita was the X-factor in this match. Kane had hoped she would be in his corner to secure the title opportunity. However, that night Lita decided to go down a path that the fans would never let her forget by aligning with Edge. Would her betrayal cost Kane the match, or would he be able to overcome this obstacle and defeat Edge?

Introducing: The Rock - Marc Mero, The Rock, The Stalker & Jake Roberts vs. Goldust, Triple H, Jerry Lawler & CrushNovember 17, 1996 | Approx. run time: 23 mins.The 1996 Survivor Series marked the beginning of one of the greatest careers in the history of sports-entertainment. The Rock (wrestling as Rocky Maivia) made his WWE debut in a Survivor Series Elimination Match to take on a foursome headed by Triple H. Would The Rock be able to follow the footsteps of other WWE Superstars who have debuted at Survivor Series and make a name for himself that night? Watch to find out!

Survivor Series: Team Raw vs. Team SmackDownNovember 27, 2005 | Approx. run time: 40 mins.In 2005, interpromotional matches between Raw and SmackDown were normally reserved for WrestleMania. However, the two brands could not co-exist anymore. From champions confronting each other to the Divas brawling, this rivalry was to end at Survivor Series. Two teams of the five best Superstars from Raw and SmackDown battled it out in a Classic Survivor Series match. In a match to determine supremacy in WWE, which brand would be the last one standing?

No Mercy: Mr. McMahon vs. Stephanie McMahonOctober 19, 2003 | Approx. run time: 16 mins.This was one of the most bizarre matches in No Mercy history as Mr. McMahon took on his daughter and SmackDown General Manager Stephanie McMahon. This was also an "I Quit" Match, and if Stephanie lost, she would be banished from SmackDown forever. Mr. McMahon had Sable in his corner and Linda McMahon was in Stephanie's corner. Would Mr. McMahon teach his daughter a lesson?

Wrestling Hot-Beds: Philly - Hosted by Tommy DreamerNovember 1, 2007 | Approx. run time: 38 mins.Take a trip to Philadelphia this month on Wrestling Hot-Beds with Tommy Dreamer. From Andre the Giant to Stevie Richards, Dreamer gives you a hardcore tour of Philly never to be forgotten. Plus, check out the WWE.com premiere of Dreamer's famous "High Incident" scaffold match. This is one vacation you won't ever forget.

Royal Rumble: Chavo Guerrero vs. Eddie GuerreroJanuary 25, 2004 | Approx. run time: 14 mins.Earlier this month on WWE 24/7, we featured a classic tag title match where Eddie and Chavo won the WWE Tag Team Championship. Shockingly, three months later Eddie and Chavo were battling each other at the Royal Rumble. With both Guerreros knowing each other so well, you can be sure they pulled out all the stops in order to get the win. Find out which Guerrero would get his hand raised by the end of the night.

My Favorite Match: Paul London - WrestleMania X, Bret Hart vs. Owen HartMarch 20, 1994 | Approx. run time: 31 mins.This month Paul London sits down with 24/7 Online to discuss his favorite match. It happens to be Bret Hart taking on his brother Owen at WrestleMania X. It should come to no surprise that Paul London has watched this match dozens of times, as many WWE fans consider this the greatest opening contest in WrestleMania history. Want more? Next month we talk to Mick Foley about his favorite match; one that became a life-changing experience.

Bonus Features: Exclusive interview with Paul London before the match.

I was JUST about to post that.

HBK and The Beverly Brothers? Odd. That must be the match Tatanka pins Shawn in - I always heard about him being pinned in a 6 man tag but I never saw it or knew who the other parties were.

Not a big fan of the rest of the entries as I either have them on DVD or just recorded it off 24/7 (Harts vs Michaels and The Knights). Hotbeds: Philly could be good.