TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - November 2007

I think Bulldog definitely fucked up, and so did one of the wrestlers in the women's match. Couldn't tell which, since only half of them were established by name by the announce team.

Bulldog definitely fucked up towards the end because right after he broke the pin, Sid got counted for the 3 count anyway.

Him celebrating at the end was very funny

Bertha Faye did totally no-sell that german suplex. She looked like she didn't give a shit and looked terrible in the match.

Did any of you guys notice the pops Hakushi was getting during the opener, especially in his first tag in. I know its been said a thousand times before, but they REALLY dropped the ball with that guy.

They dropped the ball with SKIP too.

Bulldog definitely fucked up towards the end because right after he broke the pin, Sid got counted for the 3 count anyway.

Bertha Faye did totally no-sell that german suplex. She looked like she didn't give a shit and looked terrible in the match.

Did any of you guys notice the pops Hakushi was getting during the opener, especially in his first tag in. I know its been said a thousand times before, but they REALLY dropped the ball with that guy.

It seems like anytime you turn your mysterious Japanese wrestler face (Hakushi, Great Muta, etc.), he gets a monster pop. It makes you wonder why no one tries to give that guy an extended run.

Like I said earlier, that DC crowd seemed hot for a lot of people (Barry Horowitz got his own chant but I wouldn't say the ball was dropped on him).

yeah, great.......but are you trying to tell me that Horowitz had the talent Hakushi did? I'm not talking about dropping the ball on him based on reaction alone. The guy was doing stuff nobody was doing there back then. Why you bring up Barry Horowitz, I have no idea.

I forgot how awful that women's match was, haven't seen it in years. Alundra Blaze was such a shitty worker here. ZERO chemistry between her and the Japanese girls. She can't sell for SHIT either. BAD idea here. I love how Kong gets "Generic Japanese Heel Theme #1".

Perfect calls Triple H Triple H before anyone else ever thought of it.

LOTTA dead people on this show: Skip, Rad Radford, Bam Bam Bigelow, Owen Hart, Davey Boy Smith, Yokozuna, Mr. Perfect. Isn't Bertha Faye dead also?

That world title match is still great, years later. Kevin Nash sold the leg injury...remember when he wasn't fat and lazy?

I am HIGHLY looking forward to this:

"The Legends of Wrestling: Bad Asses – Mick Foley, Michael Hayes, Tazz and WWE Hall of Famer Pat Patterson join host Jim Ross for a no-holds-barred roundtable discussion of the true Bad Asses of wrestling. Get the inside scoop and hear never-before-told stories about legendary brawlers including Harley Race, The Wild Samoans, Bruiser Brody, “Exotic” Adrian Street, The Undertaker and many more."

Great to see Tazz included on the Roundtable... definitely hope they keep rotating people in and out for a different perspective. When talking about Brody, I wonder how much they'll say about how he got killed in Puerto Rico.

I forgot how awful that women's match was, haven't seen it in years. Alundra Blaze was such a shitty worker here. ZERO chemistry between her and the Japanese girls. She can't sell for SHIT either. BAD idea here. I love how Kong gets "Generic Japanese Heel Theme #1".

LOTTA dead people on this show: Skip, Rad Radford, Bam Bam Bigelow, Owen Hart, Davey Boy Smith, Yokozuna, Mr. Perfect. Isn't Bertha Faye dead also?

That world title match is still great, years later. Kevin Nash sold the leg injury...remember when he wasn't fat and lazy?

Yeah, those were the days. he worked his ass of in this match, and Bret like always was great. Awesome NO DQ match even by todays standards.

I don't mean to be an ass because I know she's dead now, but why was Bertha Faye ever pushed to the title? I don't recall her ever having a good match or any skill at all. She was terrible in this match and just looked so lazy, plodding and slow.

Yeah, those were the days. he worked his ass of in this match, and Bret like always was great. Awesome NO DQ match even by todays standards.

I don't mean to be an ass because I know she's dead now, but why was Bertha Faye ever pushed to the title? I don't recall her ever having a good match or any skill at all. She was terrible in this match and just looked so lazy, plodding and slow.

Bertha Faye as Rhonda Singh was a very good female wrestler. She wasn't allowed to use her power style because that went against the trailer trash character they stuck on her.

just watched the new prime time. in savages matc hwith boone, he gave him quite a bit of offense, weird for a squash. Boone pulled off a rana, and later tried it again and savage countered into a powerbomb, which monson had no idea what to call. the ladies tag match was excellent as well (despite the strange commentary team of Craig Degeorge and Lanny Poffo?) poffo was quite good on the call though. the finish saw a spiked powerbomb which pofof had no idea what to call eithe r(he said I thought she was going for a piledriver but no). plus a good as always harts-bulldogs match to close the show. pretty good episode with some innovative for 87 moves used

(despite the horrible hillbilly jim-butch reed, and hercules-billy jack matches)

RE: Why they hired Rhonda Singh/Bertha Faye. Wasn't she buddies with The Hart Family? That probably had a lot to with it.

And somewhat OT, didn't she have a really brief run in WCW in Russo's first run with the company? I have a vague memory of her beating up the Nitro Girls.

WWF was always looking at new female talent to feud with Alundra Blayze. After Bull Nakano, Rhonda was an obvious choice. Certainly she probably got a good word from the Harts since she worked with Stampede Wrestling.

I haven't seen the matches in years but I remember her series with Bull Nakano was really good. I haven't seen any Japanese women's wrestling, but that series stands out to me as some of the best women's wrestling I've ever seen.

I remember someone telling me Alundra Blayze started sucking after she got implants.

Guest krash9924

It seems like anytime you turn your mysterious Japanese wrestler face (Hakushi, Great Muta, etc.), he gets a monster pop. It makes you wonder why no one tries to give that guy an extended run.

Hakushi is crazy over in this match . And with guys like Michaels, Nash, Hall and The Harts around Vince had a chance at some great match-ups with him.

And somewhat OT, didn't she have a really brief run in WCW in Russo's first run with the company? I have a vague memory of her beating up the Nitro Girls.

She had a short run in WCW in Russo's second, more damaging stint in charge. Russo wanted Roddy Piper to call her fat one time, but Standards and Practices wouldn't allow it, which Russo used as one of his many excuses why WCW wasn't gaining ground on the WWF while under his watch.

I don't really recall much with Alundra Blayze...was she always as horrible as she was at Survivor Series?

Madusa wasn't bad, but was never really that good to begin with. She just looked good when compared to other American women's wrestlers.

Yeah that Series 95 main event is still really great stuff and probably Nash's best match ever. I know some will say the match with Shawn in April 1996, but that was just a silly brawl with some amusing spots. This match actually had long term selling and psychology. And it also had Nash blatantly cussing after he lost.

The WWF had no clue how to get certain people or angles over circa 1995 though. Hakushi could have been more successful had he not seemed sorta like a...jobber. As in he feuded some with Bret during the time where Bret was doing jack shit and was feuding with Jean Pierre Lafitte over his leather jacket. Hakushi seemed like some midcard jobber heel for Bret to beat rather than some lethal Japanese badass like Muta. Heyman could have gotten this guy over big in ECW, much like he did with Tajiri.

I saw a Bret/Hakushi match at a July 1995 Raw taping. I remember seeing a move I still can't believe, where Hakushi moonsaulted onto Bret from inside the ring to the floor.

I don't think the random ass short lived tag team of Horowitz and Hakushi helped out either party.

Now this may be one for the Old School Questions thread but since I'm lazy I'll ask here, how in the hell did aforementioned team come about?