TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - November 2007

Yes! Eyebrows! That was what it was. So obvious. Good catch.

Anyone check out the AWA thing yet? I gather it's from that series that ran on DirecTV in 2002.

Watching it now. Started off with Billy Graham/Wilbur Snyder and now Jesse Ventura/Hulk Hogan. I bunch of AWA stuff I've never seen, I love it!

Good, good. The famed Raw with the ambulance angle is on now and I need to watch that one. Might check out that AWA thing as well but the Legends roundtable show is the first thing I wanna see.

Monsoon swearing is so weird. I fell asleep during Taker / HHH but luckily the program expired during that match (like all of my updates this week, MNW is also "12 minutes") so when I hit resume this morning, it started at about the same point. Good to know for when I get home from work.

I also fell asleep during that RAW! Eric Bischoff makes JJ Dillon look like a huge tool.

I loved Gorilla swearing, it added a sense of realism to the whole thing.

Pillman's pants at the end of Raw were pretty great.

Nitro is pretty exciting. I've only seen one match (debuting Nagata vs. Malenko for the US title) but with all their "more titles on the line!" hype, I'm buying into it.

Guest Lee_The_Pea

Any one watch the round table yet? I thought it was good as ussaul. I didn't reconize Tazz on the clip beforre the show started, he's gained a lot of weight. Everyne seemed pretty honest, and I don't believe there was one person trying to politic. They talked alot about Angle which was really wierd, as well as made a gay reference in front of Patterson. Some good stories, and none dragged,

Any one watch the round table yet? I thought it was good as ussaul. I didn't reconize Tazz on the clip beforre the show started, he's gained a lot of weight. Everyne seemed pretty honest, and I don't believe there was one person trying to politic. They talked alot about Angle which was really wierd, as well as made a gay reference in front of Patterson. Some good stories, and none dragged,

Yeah, I was surprised about the amount of Angle and even Lesnar chatter as well. I loved Foley's Harley Race story . . . "I said it was a headbutt. It happened inside the ring."

I have to admit this wasn't one of my favorite Legends shows. Maybe it was the panel or the topic, I dunno. Is someone like Stu Hart really all that tough for taking trainees and stretching them to the point of being unconscious?

Here's something I didn't pick up on from the WWE.com preview for December the first time I read it:

All month long leading to Christmas Day, check in each day on WWE 24/7 and see Superstars, Divas and Legends deliver the gift of their favorite matches. Your “Shorties Santas” include Triple H, John Cena, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, CM Punk, Mr. Kennedy, Pat Patterson and Maria

Awesome. Someone at LordsOfPain caught that when reporting that 24/7 is up in revenue from last year and has 115,000 subscribers (I clicked on the link off of wikipedia). They also mentioned the promos saying 40 hours of content (instead of the usual 20) which I already mentioned. Good stuff. This might also explain why we're 4 days away from a new month of content with no changes to the Sunflower schedule.

Roddy Piper's babyface reaction at TNT is quite amusing.

"You don't like midgets either huh?"

Vince: "To pick on a midget. I mean uhh, how low can you go?"

Piper: "I came on this show..."

Guest heyguesswhatidid

That AWA special "Turkey Day Turmoil" was horrible. I couldn't take it.

And it sucks, I keep getting "Copy-written Material" notices when I try to record Survivor Series and the Roundtable Show.

The word "RAPE" gets dropped on Raw during Shamrock's promo. Never heard it used on WWE TV before.

Vince seems to enjoy the term raping him of his dignity. He kept repeating it when they did the Andre haircut angle with Studd and Patera.

Probably the weakest Legends show I've seen. I think it's a mix of the topic and the fact that I didn't know half of the people they referenced. And does everyone in wrestling smoke? Yeesh.

My favorite line of the show was in reference to Harley Race's left. "If I hit him with the left and he doesn't go down, I will walk around him and see what is holding him up."

The copyright material thing depends on the cable system and the cable box, I think. When I had a cable company that carried 24/7 I got the same message for DVD recording, and it even distorted the picture on VHS recordings. Something to do with the DVR receiver from what I was gathering.

A bit late to ask the question, but how did Nikolai Volkoff went from evil anthem-singing, Stalin-worshipper Russian to being pro-American and coming out to Stars and Stripes Forever ?

I tape matches, promos and moments on VHS. So far, I didn't had any problems.

I'm not sure how it came about but I think it had something to do with the back that the man himself was one of the proudest Americans on the planet after immigrating from Europe.

That and the Soviet Union fell. He started being announced as hailing from Lithuania after that.

As Lisa Simpson put it in a classic episode of The Simpsons, "Politics have changed the face of wrestling, perhaps forever."

It was actually before the fall of the Soviet Union. In April 1990 Volkoff and Boris Zhukov split up and feuded, Volkoff sang the American national anthem in response to Zhukov singing the Soviet anthem. Of course that led to a natural pairing with Jim Duggan.