TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

UFC 81: Breaking Point

With the WWE it's a win/win situation. Lesnar wins, they can say that WWE guys can fight for real. If he loses, well, he's not with them any more cause he's a loser. Plus, I imagine there is a deal worked out with Zuffa and the WWE, even if it's just Zuffa paying the WWE to do it, rather than co-promotion.

I wonder what they're going to do when Lashley debuts in the Welterweight Division in a few years

Sylvia by 5 rounds of domination

:headbang:

We still have an AV/Custom title bet on this fight, nigga.

I'm so confident, will move this up to A MONTH! instead of a week

Can't let it affect the bet of UFC 82 bet with AboveAverage... So make it 2 weeks.

With the WWE it's a win/win situation. Lesnar wins, they can say that WWE guys can fight for real. If he loses, well, he's not with them any more cause he's a loser. Plus, I imagine there is a deal worked out with Zuffa and the WWE, even if it's just Zuffa paying the WWE to do it, rather than co-promotion.

I wonder what they're going to do when Lashley debuts in the Welterweight Division in a few years

If Lashley debuts at WW he'll look like Elix Skipper. I'm pretty sure his pecs alone are 170.

My poverty is no laughing matter

You know what is a laughing matter? Me watching the fights on my 62" Plasma flatscreen in HD! HA-HA!

Well we're not all as great as you

25aojdx.jpg

BALLER!

Guest Warriorfan

I look at the Lesnar vs Mir fight as a toss up. While I am rooting for Lesnar being a big wrestling fan, Mir is a former champion who looks primed to make a comeback. I think this fight may play out like the Sapp vs Noguiera match, Brute strength negating technique for much of the match but with the twist of the brute winning.

Lesnar 1st RD KO ground and pound, If not G&P then F5!

Sylvia vs Noguiera- I don't like Sylvia but I am trying to be as unbiased as possible. Sylvia does just enough to win in a fight and now he is taking on someone who should push him out of his comfort zone. The Herring fight looks like it was a wakeup call for Noguiera and he will come in ready to fight.

Noguiera 4th RD submission 3:45

If Mir doesn't catch Brock with a submission in the first round, he's going to take a fucking assbeating. Having watched the hype show and the All Access, I'm pretty sure about that. The only thing we didn't get a good look at was Brock's training in submissions. If he's lax there, Mir could catch him.

My official pick is still Mir, Rd 1, Submission...but if he can't pull that off, Brock's just gonna lay on him and deliver a slow, methodical murderizing beating.

As for Timbo vs. Nog...I'm going with the doomsday prediction. Sylvia, UD, where he SOMEHOW drags Nogueria to a boring, boring fight.

You have to deep down admire a man who freely admitted to taking steroids so he could look better on TV.

I'm going with Timmay via UD and Brock via 3rd round TKO after laying on Mir for two rounds and throughly exhausting him.

If Lashley debuts at WW he'll look like Elix Skipper. I'm pretty sure his pecs alone are 170.

It's just a bad joke about how he's small now.

OK, the judges were watching a different fight than I was. You could argue Griffin winning the first round, but unless foot stomps score a shit ton of points I thought Tibau took 2 and 3. Neither guy did much in three, but Tibau got the takedowns.

No way Tibau won 2 and 3. Yes, he took Tyson down but what the fuck did he do with it? Nothing.

Tyson was hitting bombs all night and bounced out of every takedown. I would have scored it 29-28 myself but I definitely give it to Tyson.

The anouncer just mentioned Tum Sylvia as Brock's opponent. LOL, it's Frank Mir.

Downhome: I just typed in UFC 81 stream into Google search and got this:

streamwebtown.com/letsgetiton

I could agree with 29-28 Griffin, but no way Griffin won round 2. I gave one to Griffin, and three was close enough to go either way IMO. 30-27 just doesn't feel right.