TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

NFL week twelve: Turkey Day Cliches

Patriots line looks like it's going to end up at NE -24, which ties an all-time record. Someone on The Sports Reporters asked a good question -- is there any way the Patriots aren't favoured by at least four touchdowns against the Jets and/or Dolphins?

Guest Vitamin X

To be fair, the Giants sucked ass at the beginning of the season too, then pieced together a bunch of wins against shit opponents to give everyone the impression they were for real. Their only two wins against quality opponents- a last second victory over both Detroit and Washington- would probably be short-lived since they still have a tough schedule coming up: @Chicago, @Philly, Washington, @Buffalo, and then the final game at home against New England. All of those opponents have something to try and play for now (unless Buffalo is already eliminated from playoff contention by then or New England loses a game), so I don't see them doing much better.

The Giants are a funny team in that I don't pay much attention to them, and the moment I start thinking that maybe I'm underrating them, they kind of prove me right in that they're not a very notable team.

It's just depressing to watch the Bills at this point. Aside from Lynch having a fine rookie season, you cannot find anything else positive to say about this team. Injuries or not, the defense is horrific, with receivers being wide open on almost every play. The d-line can't create pressure to save their lives. The offence is just awful. The o-line is actually giving the quarterbacks time to create plays and they don't. Josh Reed not going up to get a catchable ball today for fear of being hit says it all about the effort and commitment. Losman's dismal performance today has probably ended his career as a starter in Buffalo, and although Edwards has shown flashes, I really don't see how he can be that much of an improvement. At this point though, they might as well throw him in for the experience because the playoffs are just not happening.

And the Patriots will probably clinch the AFC East today.

The Bills loss clinched it for New England.

EDIT: As for Buffalo's "diminishing fanbase", maybe they wouldn't be diminishing if you could pick a quarterback and have a team that wasn't absolutely embarrassing out on the field, eh Ralphie? National or Canadian, Toronto fans can tell the difference between good football and shitty football.

That said, at least rename the team. For christ's sake, you aren't supposed to use the town you're in as the 'team name'. What the fuck is a Bill? Who cares, the logo is a buffalo. Be the Buffalo Buffaloes or something. If you're a Buffalo Bill you should have some cowboy on your logo.

That's always bugged me.

Two wins in a row, sans AD. Not sure what to make of that

Just one win back of 500 and one win short of last years total now

Surprisingly I don't mind the Browns. Perhaps it's because I like orange, perhaps it's because there's a ton of brown in their jerseys, maybe it's because I'm juvenile enough to laugh at the "taking the Browns to the Super Bowl" shitter joke.

Side note, will somebody notify the Panthers to start Matt Moore? Who cares if he's an undrafted free agent, he's better than David "I've got all day back here in the pocket, now what am I supposed to do with this football?" Carr.

Matt Moore actually showed some stuff in the preseason with Dallas. I'd be all for starting him... next year.

Well the Redskins find a way to snatch defeat from victory's hands again. Putting themselves in a 16-0 hole via 4 turnovers was awful, but seeing them march right down the field effortlessly for a would-be game winning score only to not convert in the redzone AGAIN is depressing. I guess the silver-lining in all of this is the fact that Campbell keeps getting better every week, and at this stage of his career I expect him to make some bad throws, especially against not just a good defense but also a smart veteren defense in Tampa, . As much as it hurts to watch this team lose close games NOW, I think this team shows signs that in the next couple of years they will become a contender. They are starting to click on offense, but the stupid mistakes are holding them back.

Dear god, that Giants game today was hilariously brutal to watch. After a while I kept thinking Coughlin needed to get Eli out of there and put in Jared Lorenzen to show the world the power of FAT. What the hell, why not take a chance with the hefty lefty? Eli's numbers at Ole Miss weren't really much better than Lorenzen's at UK.