TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact spoilers (airs December 13th)

FULL TNA IMPACT SPOILERS FROM ORLANDO

by Alex Hernandez

- Christian Cage is in the ring and says there will be a tag team match with Kurt Angle & Robert Roode vs. Christian and a partner of his choosing. Angle & Roode interrupt and the match is set up for later tonight.

- Backstage interview with Styles and Tomko about how they have to choose sides between Angle & Roode or Christian.

- Scott Steiner defeated Petey Williams, BG James and Christopher Daniels in a Four Way match.

- Jeremy Borash comes to the ring and they offer Steiner a $50,000 check or any choice of "Feast Or Famine" briefcase he wants. They had the briefcases set up like the show "Deal Or No Deal", complete with girls next to the briefcases. Steiner decides to take Petey's briefcase. Petey was then given Scott Steiner's case. Petey opened it and found out he now had the World Heavyweight Title match.

- Kaz defeated Rellik. After the match, Black Reign attacked Kaz and they put a bag with Misty the Rat over his face.

- Velvet Sky & Angelina Love defeated Jackie Moore & Traci Brooks. After the match, Roode comes out and rips on Traci for losing until Sharmell comes out. Roode then ripped on Sharmell until Booker T came out to make the save.

- They did an in-ring confrontation with Jim Mitchell and Abyss. Judas Mesias makes his return and bloodies Abyss with chair shots and barbed wire.

- Booker T defeated Wildcat Chris Harris.

- BG James was allowed to open his "Feast or Fired" briefcase and found out he won the World Tag Team Title shot.

- Jay Lethal defeated Johnny Devine in a X-Division Lumberjack Strap match. Senshi was one of the lumberjacks.

- They have Scott Steiner and Christopher Daniels open the last two briefcases. Scott Steiner got the X Division Title match, and Christopher Daniels got fired. Daniels started to cry as he shook hands with Jeremy Borash and Scott Steiner.

- Robert Roode & Kurt Angle defeated Christian Cage. After the match they continued to beat him down. AJ Styles came close to the ring, but then turned and walked away.

- Xplosion Match: Cowboy James Storm defeated Sonjay Dutt.

- Xplosion Match: Gail Kim defeated ODB.

- Xplosion Match: Shark Boy & Eric Young defeat The Rock & Rave Infection (Lance Hoyt & Jimmy Rave)

- They have Scott Steiner and Christopher Daniels open the last two briefcases. Scott Steiner got the X Division Title match, and Christopher Daniels got fired. Daniels started to cry as he shook hands with Jeremy Borash and Scott Steiner.

Oh fuck. It had to be the most predictable outcome with Senshi quitting instead of just him getting the pink slip to explain him being gone. :angry:

It's called we literally probably let the guys pick random cases rather than having a plan.

For once, with Senshi leaving the company, TNA (hell, any wrestling company for that matter) could make good on it's promise to follow through with a stipulation. This was PERFECT! God, why does this company always have to do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what makes sense?

For once, with Senshi leaving the company, TNA (hell, any wrestling company for that matter) could make good on it's promise to follow through with a stipulation. This was PERFECT! God, why does this company always have to do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what makes sense?

Maybe they already had a storyline planned out with the "fired" wrestler.

Like wrestling promotions have never changed plans on the fly before.

Notice it's also the most talented wrestler to win a briefcase that got fired. Stupid stupid stupid.

Yeah. Let's just wait and see how this awesome angle pans out. :huh:

TNA literally should have had the guys shoot pick the briefcases Sunday night and just roll with the results. It would have made just as much sense as they ended up doing.

My god, what a frustrating set of spoilers from the last two nights.

Where to start? Well, my main gripe is we apparently now have Christian back as a face, which I really disagree with. He makes a great heel, why fuck with that? All for the sake of a Christian/Angle feud that I could give a shit about, I guess. And AJ/Christian would be sooooo much better with Christian still as a heel and slow building a Styles face turn (although I am liking him as a heel right now, which is why I said slow).

Then the briefcase stuff. I'm all for surprises, but are any of the options they went for GOOD surprises?

Petey gets a world title shot, this is a waste of time as its not going to get the guy anything out of it. Williams has been so horribly misused for so long that he should have gotten an X title shot, and if they really want people to give a fuck about him, have him even win it from apparently Devine (from the last tapings) and start rebuilding a push. Having him work a match with Angle really isn't going to do much, even if he looks good against him. IE see Kaz's "push."

So VKM get a title shot against Tomko/Styles huh. Again, this is nothing even worth thinking about as worthwhile. James should have been the guy fired probably, with him and Lady James doing some sort of revenge on TNA angle, since they have been bitching about the company in storyline for months now. This would just, ya know, MAKE SENSE.

Steiner gets an X title shot against Devine. I'm not even going to comment on the ridiculousness of this. So we get more Scott Steiner/Team 3D crap probably. Steiner should have been the guy with the world title shot.

And so now they "fire" Daniels? Shit, I feel sorry for this guy, he's stuck in what will probably be a nonsensical renegade angle with him now. How many times have they tried to repackage and push Daniels only to go half ass? I'm sure this will be the same. It's too bad he really wasn't just released, he would be better off, I think. Daniels, in theory, should have been the guy getting the tag title shot, and then with Senshi gone, and lets just assume they kill off anything for Skipper (might as well just let him go too since XXX is only 2/3 now) and have Daniels form a new team with someone else, lets say Raven, and just use that tag title match as a start of a build to Daniels turning on his tag partner and starting a program with said partner. I'd love to see a Raven/Daniels feud - both guys are horribly underused, so might as well try to give them spots here.

To comment on the rest of the show, nothing else here really grabs me. Roode v. Booker continues to "heat up" and Kaz is stuck in a really unfortunate spot to succeed being paired off with Black Rhein. I would much rather see Kaz-Roode brought back to forefront (and if they are serious on pushing Kaz, which is questionable at best, why not give him a substantial win in a blowoff with Roode?) and have Black Rhein do a short feud with Booker T, playing upon their past. Again, I guess it just makes too much sense.

Honestly, the only things I am looking forward to here is the women's tag match (nice to see them put over the hot blondes team) and Judas Mesias returning, albeit in what sounds like a very uncreative spot for a return.

Finding it a bit odd that there is no Samoa Joe presence here also.

So what the fuck is even an idea on the next ppv lineup? My best guess...

Christian v. Angle somehow (maybe something goofy like Styles as the ref?)

Devine v. Lethal and/or Steiner?

3D v. MCM again

Tomko/Styles against VKM(?)

Rhein v. Kaz

Booker v. Roode

ODB v. Kim v. Kong(?)

LAX v. Rock/Rave Connection

Even if they added Nash/Joe into there to try to follow up on the mess from Sunday, I'm still not anywhere close to excited for that lineup.

What I was trying to get at was, why are they going to program Kaz with someone that has no heat?

To try and get Black Reign heat?

I was going to go with "to put him in a feud that he can win"

I can live with that, so long as they keep it short. Feuding with Black Reign for months on end is no good for no one.

The spoilers sent to WO.com made it sound like Scott Steiner had two title shots.

"Hermie Sadler is introduced as doing commentary for the four-way briefcase stip match. Steiner pins Petey Williams and chooses Williams briefcase which is later revealed to have a shot at the TNA title"

But the spoilers here make it sound like Petey has a title shot. Weird. It was kind of funny, when I heard about this briefcase deal I thought they were maybe doing a far too late Deal or No Deal type thing, and apparently they were.

A title shot for Petey would be great. He and Angle (even as slow as Angle has now become) could have a great match. I would mark out like a bitch if Angle took a Canadian Destroyer. Even if he managed to sneak a foot on the ropes to break the pin, or his wife interfered, it would still show that TNA was willing to let its young talent look good against their new "old guard" of WWE/WCW drafts. Angle might even be willing to do this, as it seemed like he was the one that pushed a clean finish loss to Jay Lethal.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I think Steiner has deserved a title shot just for his increased ring work the last few months - though bare in mind I haven't watched TNA since September. If I think of markout moments I've had with TNA they've involved Steiner in someway, he's been a real joy to watch, even if it is only to see a shadow of his former self gain some colour and some fight back.

I was just over at the ROH board for the first time and saw a thread (which was closed) talking about Low-Ki leaving TNA and in one of the first posts, some guy mentioned he heard another former ROH champ was leaving TNA as well but it hasn't been reported yet. Someone else goes on to say they heard it too. Lots of "I heard" rumor/speculation, but do you think maybe Daniels is really just leaving TNA and that's how they were going to write him out from the start?

Daniels was never an ROH champion was he?

Tag champ.....so technically yes. But no, never the World champ. Homicide and Joe are the only world champs on TNA right now and we know Joe isn't leaving.

A title shot for Petey would be great. He and Angle (even as slow as Angle has now become) could have a great match. I would mark out like a bitch if Angle took a Canadian Destroyer. Even if he managed to sneak a foot on the ropes to break the pin, or his wife interfered, it would still show that TNA was willing to let its young talent look good against their new "old guard" of WWE/WCW drafts. Angle might even be willing to do this, as it seemed like he was the one that pushed a clean finish loss to Jay Lethal.

Angle has shown that he really has little to no regard for his physical well-being, so I wouldn't put it past him for a second. On the subject though, has any WWE-castaway taken the Canadian Destroyer? Back in 05 or maybe a little earlier, Petey teased giving Jeff Hardy a C.D. but someone ran in for the save.